New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Game King Screen stuck on Blackjack game  (Read 3347 times)

Offline Daniels66

• Daniels66
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Daniels66 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Game King Screen stuck on Blackjack game
« on: October 13, 2023, 09:07:07 PM »
Getting printer paper error and screen frozen with blackjack game.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT Game King Screen stuck on Blackjack game
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 12:09:01 PM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

This really belongs in the Game King/I-game forum area, but don't worry a mod will come along and move it.  Most likely the reason you can't do anything now is because the ticket printer error is setup to be a "hard error" meaning the machine will not play until the problem with the printer is resolved.  Slide your printer out, pull the paper out, and re-insert it.  That sometimes will fix printer errors.  What specifically does the error say?

Offline Daniels66

• Daniels66
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2023, 12:17:37 PM »
Sorry I'm in the wrong forum 1.  2, It's says printing ticket and flashing slow. Also I'm stuck in the blackjack game and can't get out of it. I tried the reset key and no good it also says Printing tilt. I'm seeing people say you have to use a key chip 22 is this correct?  Thank you for help I just picked up this machine and a day later I have this problem. At first the printer was printing out ok then stopped after a few times. I even tried cleaning around the printer of dust. 

Offline Daniels66

• Daniels66
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2023, 12:28:49 PM »
I just checked again and powered on the machine and the massage says printing has wrong paper or sensor. The paper that was in the machine when I got it seemed to work and print. now it's saying wrong paper or sensor. Not sure what that's means.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2023, 01:17:01 PM »
Did you try removing the paper from the printer and re-inserting it?  There's a black rectangle printed on the paper, it's an index mark and it needs to be on the upper right hand side and you install the paper in the printer.

Offline Daniels66

• Daniels66
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2023, 01:54:20 PM »
Yes, it treads through the printer and I see the green light on, then the display blinks printing and nothing prints. Is this printing problem causing the display to be stuck and not able to change to any games?  I noticed the printer paper looks old. I'll try getting some new paper.  I appreciate all your help thank you!  I'm able to get into the Tilt menu but not sure about soft and fast mode.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2023, 02:14:59 PM »
Can you post a picture of your machine and the error message?  Pictures have to be under 1MB in size to post, so resize if needed to get under that limitation.

Offline Daniels66

• Daniels66
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2023, 02:30:20 PM »
Photo's

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2023, 03:08:06 PM »
Thanks.  I just wanted to verify the type of machine.  It looks like the paper is installed correctly.  It may have some paper dust interfering with the paper sensors.  There's a thumb screw, you can loosen it and take some compressed air and blow it out and a soft cloth to clean the paper path. 

If you want to just make the machine playable for now this should do it:

Press the white (or chrome) self test button on the MPU board next to the row of LED lights

Touch Setup->Machine options->Bill Validator Options->Bill and Printer Tilt Setup->Next Page->Next Page-> then touch Soft Tilt and exit.

That should get the machine working again until you can figure out why the printer sensor isn't happy.

Offline Daniels66

• Daniels66
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2023, 08:40:10 PM »
Hi Tilt, I tried resetting the machine options and the printer tilt setup with Soft Tilt and exit. Didn't work!   When I got to the last page it shows 2 printer errors on the left then the soft green and the fast tilt red. I clicked on the soft tilt Green and Exit. when I closed the door and the screen came back up still stuck in game position and printing ticket flashing slow.  Do you have any other ideals that could be causing this?  Thank you again.

Dan

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2023, 08:27:56 AM »
Well apparently the machine isn't going to acknowledge the change until after it finishes the task at hand, and that was printing the ticket!  That leaves two options.  Either get the printer fixed so it can print the ticket, or clear the machines RAM memory.  In the pictures one shows the game with Money Storm on it, another shows Blackjack that it is stuck on now.  How are you doing that, swapping MPU boards?  Do you have Key 22 or 40?  If you don't have either of those keys the simplest way to clear it would be pop the battery out if it isn't soldered in.  If it is soldered in the next easiest way is to clear it is to pop one of the RAM memory chips out of its socket and reinstall it.  They're in socket U15 or U38 and labeled RAM1 and RAM2.  After you re-install everything and turn the machine on you'll get a RAM ERROR message on the screen.  Turn the jackpot reset key several times and follow the on-screen directions.  When the game comes back up it will say option verification required.  Touch OK and the game should come back up and be ready to play.

Then check that setting again and see if it's still on "Soft Tilt" for the printer.  You may want to change some other settings as well, but some require a keychip to change.

Offline Daniels66

• Daniels66
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2023, 08:43:07 AM »
I was able to clear the screen from flashing printer and took out all the old printer paper from the tray. But my screen is still stuck in the blackjack game when I boot up or use the reset key.
Yes, I have ordered a Key Chip 22 and hopefully have next week. I will try removing the battery and popping out the ram chip. Is there anyway to disable the printer I will not use?
Thank you this is great information and very helpful with your expertise on these IGT machines. I'll keep you posted and let you know if this all works. Have a blessed Sunday!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2023, 08:55:31 AM »
You only need to do one.  If your battery is in a holder just pop it out.  What you're doing is removing the battery power from the RAM chip so it will lose its contents.  If the battery is soldered in then removing one of the RAM chips from it's socket accomplishes the same thing. 

Yes, once you have your keychip you'll be able to disable the ticket printer completely.

Since you got the printing ticket error cleared the machine should resume normal operation.  If you're using the touchscreen try using the button deck instead and see if the machine responds that way. 

Offline Daniels66

• Daniels66
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2023, 02:02:21 PM »
Got it working. Thank you Tilt for all your help!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2023, 02:30:08 PM »
Glad to hear pulling the RAM chip got you up and running again  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline Daniels66

• Daniels66
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2023, 06:49:12 PM »
Yes, Now waiting on the Key Chip 22 top disable the printer. 

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2023, 07:12:49 PM »
Just in case you didn't know when you disable the ticket printer it will try to pay from the hopper next.  If you don't want that you can disable the hopper as well and it will go to handpay where all you do is turn the jackpot reset key and it cashes everything out.  That's the way I have most of my machines setup, but everyone has their preferences. 

Offline Daniels66

• Daniels66
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2023, 07:50:34 PM »
I don't have the coin hopper hooked up just insert the bills.  Would I be able to have it set just to play without adding coins or bills?   I will buy some new printer paper and see if the printer works then. The paper that was in there when I got the machine the other day looks like it was turning yellow.

Thanks
Dan

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2023, 07:57:55 PM »
With the printer disabled it will try to dispense coins from the hopper even if it isn't there and you'll get a coin out jam error message.  Since you don't have a hopper make sure to disable both.

Offline Daniels66

• Daniels66
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2023, 08:05:14 PM »
Thanks for that info I will make sure of that also!

Thanks
Dan

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal