New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Game King. Monitor wont come on.  (Read 557 times)

Offline leo822

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • leo822 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Game King. Monitor wont come on.
« on: December 01, 2023, 03:17:08 PM »
Hi Guys,

I love our Game King but the monitor slowly started not to come on until finally it never comes on. Sometimes I would levae it on overnight and the next day the monitor finally came one and would stay on until
 turned it off. The green light was kind of dully lit at the end. The game starts up and functions because I can hit buttons and hear the cards being dealt. I don't know much about these things but managed to get the monitor out and take off the back cover. Amy ideas what to try first? Pics below

Thanks!

Emilio

« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 06:13:34 PM by Tilt »

Offline leo822

• NLG
Re: IGT Game King. Monitor wont come on.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 04:19:20 PM »
The green light does not come on at all. So is this a power supply problem or possibly the popular culprit inverter?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 04:49:07 PM »
Yes, the power supply is the most likely candidate if the green led isn't lighting. 

Offline leo822

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 04:59:50 PM »
Can I buy a new power supply for it somewhere? I can seem to find a power supply for the Kortex 190L-01. I see Inverters and AD boards? Maybe I can get my power board fixed somewhere? Will it need special capacitors, or will an arcade repair shop have them?

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP! SORRY FOR THE NOOB QUESTIONS

E

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 05:10:25 PM »
I'm not aware of anyone who repairs them.  I had one that went bad and I recapped the entire thing.  I ended up with a bad power supply with new caps  :24:  I may have one, I'll have to look through my parts.  They made a few different variations of the what is basically the same power supply, but different connectors.  I can see the AC and DC power connectors on the picture you posted and that helps, but if you can find a part number on it too that would also help.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 05:32:33 PM by Tilt »

Offline leo822

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 05:24:10 PM »
Thanks for your help. If anyone has this problem I did find a power supply that looks to be a match. Going to give it a shot and report back. Hopefully this solves the problem.

https://get-t.net/product/ps60pfr-power-supply-lcd-19in-pwb-a006ar-gett-part-psup127/?product_added_to_cart=3110&quantity=1

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2023, 05:36:21 PM »
Ok great.  Hopefully that gets you back up and running again  :yes:.

Offline leo822

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2023, 12:34:56 PM »
Well now I did it. I got the new power supply but for some reason I thought I was changing the inverter and started to pry the cable off and broke it! Ughhhh. Can anyone help with

A.) How to remove the cable safely on both ends
B.) Where I can find the cable?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP GUYS!

Leo

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2023, 03:49:46 PM »
Whoops!  The one that's already broken just pulls off.  If it's stuck good it's probably due to some oxidation and corrosion of the contacts.  In that case use a small screwdriver and pry it from the end on each side.  Try to remove it evenly.  The other end has a plastic tab that locks in in the connector.  Use your fingers to pinch down on the end where the wires enter the connector.  This will lift the latch over the catch on the connector.  Then just pull it off.

PM me your address and I'll send you another one.

Offline leo822

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2023, 03:58:57 PM »
Everyone on this forum is so helpful and kind. Thank you so much!

Offline leo822

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2023, 05:43:28 PM »
Thanks to the kindness of Cliff sending me a new cable connector. I was able to fix the cable I accidently broke on the inverter and yes indeed it was the power supply that was the culprit. Was an easy replace and she fired up like a champ. Thank you again! This forum is a life saver!

Happy Holidays!

E

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2023, 06:14:34 PM »
Looks great!  Congrats on getting it back up and running :applause:.  Have a Merry Christmas!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal