New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS BB2 bottom monitor says no signal  (Read 336 times)

Offline newkid3

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
WMS BB2 bottom monitor says no signal
« on: February 15, 2024, 07:18:48 PM »
  I have 2 WMS BB2 machines that I have had for about 10 years. They have set for about four years without being turned on. Life happens. One of the machines bottom monitor comes on when I turn the machine on and says no signal then goes dark and stays that way. The top monitor shows it booting. I have been told to check the connectors at the CPU and the monitor. Is there anything else that could cause the bottom monitor to not get a signal?
Both of the machines booted up so far and then both of them said NV or HD initialization failure. SYSTEM HALTED
I am sure they both need the 2 CPU batteries changed. Which I will have to clear them and reinstall game software. Then set them up.
  The problem is I will not be able to set the one machine up until I get the bottom monitor working.
Would you say it is the batteries needing to be replaced?
Any suggestions on my monitor issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: WMS BB2 bottom monitor says no signal
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 07:44:38 PM »
Change the batteries first.
If the monitor doesn't come on, turn off the power, swap with the monitor from the other machine, power up.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline newkid3

• newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 09:47:18 PM »
I will do that tomorrow. 
I seen in one video where a guy said you have to disable the top monitor in Ruby Red Slippers to get it to work.
Is that true that I need to disable the top monitor in my Ruby Red Slippers machine?
Mine is the first Ruby Red Slippers.

Thanks

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 10:29:35 PM »
Check the fuse on the back side of the monitor.  Do the white molex connectors for power look good or do you see any burn marks.  This happened to me.  The pin where the burn mark was, was so oxidized and burnt, there wasn’t a good enough connection for the monitor to get the proper voltage to fire up.

Anyway, just a couple of basics to look for.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2024, 10:39:11 PM »
Well I think the monitor is getting power and working or it could not display no signal. Is this correct?
But I will check incase it's coming on and then losing power but I would think it would have showed what the top monitor shows by then.

Thanks

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2024, 08:34:31 AM »
"No Signal" doesn't mean "No Power"...2 different things.
It's getting power for sure, or that message wouln't pop up.
But the LED on top of the monitor will be orange - instead of green.
What does the topbox monitor show?

Take the hard drive off and it's holder...four small Philips screws.
Underneath it, is the video card.
It will have a large square heatsink with upright fins on it.
Show us a clear photo of the video card and fins.
I hope it doesn't look browned like this.
People neglect to apply new heatsink thermal paste.
It gets dried up and the video chip gets severely overheated, browning the once-black heatsink fins.

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 08:52:33 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2024, 10:53:10 AM »
  It seems like I am not getting the no signal on the monitor anymore. Where is the LED at on the monitor. I dont see anything lit up when the machine is on even if I pull the monitor out.
The thing is this monitor worked fine the last time we had the machine on about 3 years ago.
Oh yeah the fan on the monitor started running and making a little noise when I pulled it out some and moved it around.

Here are a couple of pics of the video card and fins. Do you want me to take the heat sink off also or are these pics good enough?
I got the one machine with both monitors that are good up and running. (See pic)
When I first got it all setup it gave me a "lost communication with top box" error. So I pushed the diagnostic button again and went in and disabled the top monitor. It then booted the rest of the way up and the game was ready to play.
So you do have to disable the top monitor for Ruby Red Slippers to work. I wonder if disabling the top monitor is doing the same thing as putting a fooler board in to make the game work. Do you get more function from the top monitor or something if you have a fooler board installed?

Thanks

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2024, 11:38:10 AM »
You're lucky...The video card looks okay.
Don't pull the heatsink off if you don't have any thermal paste.

The LED on the top of that panel on the back of the monitor.
Yellow means it's getting power but "No Signal".
A Green LED means it's getting a video feed from the MPU.

As far as the fooler board for that game, it looks like you have it running in your photo?
I don't know anything about setting that up.
Maybe others do...

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2024, 11:58:39 AM »
  So I guess my next thing is to take the monitor out of my working machine and put it in the machine that the monitor is not working and see what happens.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2024, 12:12:05 PM »
Yep.

Earlier, you said a "fan was making noise" on the monitor.
That's NOT good.....I would take all the Philips screws off that back panel cover.
About 20 of them little suckers! They put too many for a simple cover!
Inspect the fan inside.
It may be finished.
It's supposed to move freely without any resistance.
If somewhat stuck, your lcd may be done from being overheated.
One way to test it is to hook it up to a laptop or old desktop computer.
Or test it in the working cabinet.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2024, 02:14:47 PM »
Ok I put the bottom monitor out of the working machine in the machine that had the none working bottom monitor.
It came right up. So I got the game set up and is playing now. (See pic)
I tried the none working monitor in the other cabinet and it did not work in it either.
I did notice there was no LED on at all on it in either cabinet. (See pic) pic is with cabinet power on.
So I don't know why at first it was coming on saying no signal and nothing else. Then now it seems to not be powering up at all.
The funny thing is the last time we used that machine that monitor worked fine. We keep the circuit breaker to the outlet that the surge protector is plugged into and the games are plugged into that off when we are not out there using the games.  So I wonder what happened to it.
Wonder if it can be fixed. Maybe caps?
Any ideas?

Thanks

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2024, 02:35:50 PM »
See those small round black plastic buttons in the square metal frame in the holes?
Push the one on the end.
It might be a power button...  :rotfl:

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2024, 04:04:50 PM »
  None of the small black plastic buttons are a power button. I included a pic of what they say they are.
Now the wierd part. I took the back cover off of the monitor and cleaned the fan good. I made sure all plugs in there were plugged in good. When I was putting the back cover back on the fuse holder did not look right. I had removed the fuse and tested it earlier today. So I took the fuse out and put it back in good. I took the monitor back out there and just hooked the power plug up to it and turned on the machine. I see "no signal". So I turned the power off and hooked everything up to the monitor.
When I turned the machine back on the monitor worked. (See pic)
I don't know if maybe before I took the fuse out was when I was seeing "no signal " and then after I took it out and put it back in was when there was no power.
So I dont know what got it to working but I am sure glad it is.
So both machines are now working.

Thank everyone for the help

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2024, 05:00:18 PM »
Yoeddy told you to check the fuse in Reply#3.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2024, 05:44:54 PM »
 He sent the message about the fuse late last night and  I did check the fuse first thing this morning. After going back and looking at my pics I did still get "no signal " after checking it. I dont know if it maybe popped out some and me resetting it again or something or if it was one of the other connectors I messed with that made it start working.
I am just glad it is working.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2024, 06:58:17 PM »
Yes...glad it's working  :cool_thumb_up:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal