New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: No display on S+ need help  (Read 3656 times)

Offline wayne77001

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • wayne77001 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
No display on S+ need help
« on: January 28, 2015, 11:50:19 AM »
I'd like to tag on to this one.

I've got an old S2000 S+ slant top and the only displays are in the credit window and coin windows on the lower right. 

I can go through some kind of sequencing after pressing 'test' button for 3 seconds but have no idea what value I'm looking for in the display windows.

The top glass has a display box but is always blank so all I have is the lower display windows.  Anyone have a list of codes or sequence using the buttons?

Edited to clarify that this is an S+ machine, not an S2000 machine.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 03:07:37 AM by knagl »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: No display on S+ need help
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 02:37:00 PM »
I'd like to tag on to this one.

I've got an old S2000 slant top and the only displays are in the credit window and coin windows on the lower right. 

I can go through some kind of sequencing after pressing 'test' button for 3 seconds but have no idea what value I'm looking for in the display windows.

The top glass has a display box but is always blank so all I have is the lower display windows.  Anyone have a list of codes or sequence using the buttons?

Wayne, if you do not have an LCD display, but rather only red digits in a digital display, then you may have an S+. An S2000 will have an LCD display that will display error messages in text (I.e. Close The Main Door, Low Battery, Call Attendant). I have attached a pic of an S+ slant top (no display on left side under reel 1) and an S2000 Slant Top reel glass showing the display on the left side of the reel glass...
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline wayne77001

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 04:38:58 PM »
I have the one on the top picture.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 05:36:20 PM »
I have the one on the top picture.

Ok, that is an S+...if you don't find your answer in the S+ section of the forum, just post a New Topic in there and we can help you out!  :yes:  The error codes and resolutions are a sticky thread at the beginning of the S+ forum topics. Not sure what issues you are having with the machine, but if you'd like to know more on navigating through the program (which is what happens after pressing white SelfTest button, we can get you the PSR for you once we know what SP chip you have. For now, there are a few sticky threads that will help you. Here's a link to get you going...

[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=3005.0[/font]

[font=.HelveticaNeueUI][/size]http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=2251.0[/font]
[font=.HelveticaNeueUI][/size][/font]
[font=.HelveticaNeueUI][/size]http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=586.0[/font]

Offline wayne77001

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 08:11:45 PM »
I followed all the sticky posts and the only one that got my attention was Ron (R273) where he said:

Several years ago I started out with S+ machines. I had a hard time reading the PSRs as I was not familiar with the machine. So I made my own "Option sheets" (11 Pages). This followed somewhat with the PSR information. Since there seems to be many new Rookies with S+'s, I thought I would re-post them. Hope this will help someone.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=2336

The problem is when I tried to get that link, I got a message that said:
You are not allowed to view the Downloads

Is that because I'm a relatively new poster or just the link does not exist anymore?

Anyway, I pulled out the board to get the SP number.  It's an SP872 chip.  Now, this is where it gets a bit stupid.  As I'm looking at the board to write down the code, I see this small blue turnable wheel that actually protrudes into the cabinet area when the board is in place. 

I'm sure by now you realize I have sound, DOH!!  :duh:

However, if anyone can pull that link - http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=2336

I'd sure like to tuck it away for the future.  Mainly because I not only have 1 of these S+ machines.  I have 3 - Two red,white, and blues and one Double diamond.  One had been my mother's and two had been ours.  Now I have all 3 and pulled out of storage to get working.  Already replaced the battery on one and the Clear Chip process.

Anyway, thanks in advance if anyone can get those 11 pages for me to add to the owner's manual .pdf I found.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 08:22:14 PM »
Yah, the downloads are only accessible to Contributing Members (no minimum contribution amount is required, we only ask you give something for site support and the knowledge/info you gain, PayPal button is at the bottom of the page).

Offline wayne77001

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 08:29:17 PM »
Thanks, but the page says Contributing Member with download ability carries a monthly subscription/fee. 

No mention of download ability for just 'making a contribution'. 

I followed the link and it's $10/month.  Since I wonder how much I'll be on this site, can I subscribe a couple of months and then cancel?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 03:10:03 AM »
You can make a one-time donation to the site by using the link below, which will get you upgraded to the "Contributing Member" status without having to worry about the monthly subscription option.  Regardless, if you are unable to do so, we will still do our best to help you with your machine.

http://www.newlifegames.net/donation.html

Can you please clarify as to exactly what the problem is with your machine?  Are you saying that you have a progressive meter in the award glass that isn't working?  A picture or two of your machine and the problem you're having will go a long way to helping us understand what the issue is and how to fix it.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline wayne77001

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 08:52:35 AM »
I thought I had answered above that I now have sound, after realizing there was a blue adjustment wheel on the main board.

What id like to have was the 11 page write up from Ron just for the future.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 11:51:34 AM »
Check your e-mail box for a nice surprise.   :mail:

Earlier you stated that you have a display in the top box that is not working.  Again I'll ask, are you talking about a progressive meter that's mounted to the award glass which should be displaying an amount in dollars and cents for the top jackpot?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline wayne77001

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 08:43:34 PM »
I've attached a pic of the back glass window.   You're probably right that it's for progressive or something similar from the Flamingo.

Thanks for the surprise.  I looked the pages over and my SP (SP872) was not there.  Not sure how useful it will be, but I got it saved, just in case.

I'm happy with the way my red,white, blue 7's machine is working.  Now that I found the volume control on the main board.

I'm really impressed with this site with the willingness of the subject-matter-experts to weigh in and share their knowledge.

Thanks again,
Wayne

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 11:02:21 PM »
Wayne,

That small display is part of the player's club (slot club card) tracking hardware and won't be of much use at all in a home environment.  From your initial description I thought you were talking about a progressive meter which would be mounted on the award glass itself.

For the Excel sheet, if you use the SP874 as a reference, everything should match right up -- there likely aren't any significant differences in the setup menus between your SP872 and a SP874.

Offline wayne77001

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 10:23:22 AM »
Thank you

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal