New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Everything works fine, but slow flashing won't stop  (Read 4322 times)

Offline marktime

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • marktime New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Everything works fine, but slow flashing won't stop
« on: December 13, 2015, 06:32:11 PM »
I have an S-Plus double Diamond machine.  Everything works fine (coins, credits, bills) and I have no error codes.  But I have a slow flash on top and bottom of candle (slow/fast with door open).  I can't figure it out.  Can you help?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Everything works fine, but slow flashing won't stop
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 06:42:04 PM »
Is that slow candle flash with door closed normal operation after getting a winning spin?

Maybe this will help.....
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 07:53:58 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 06:46:15 PM »
Picture not working on my view. 

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 06:52:30 PM »
Picture not working on my view. 

Dave
do you mean the picture I attached Shaggy?

Here it is again, just in case.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline marktime

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 07:33:14 PM »
Slow candle flash is constant, winning or losing.  It only goes out with powerdown.

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 07:34:39 PM »
Much better. I couldn't get to post before. Thanks
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 07:55:56 PM »
Slow candle flash is constant, winning or losing.  It only goes out with powerdown.
Has it always done this since you got the machine, or did something happen and then the candle started flashing constantly? Do you have other S+ machines, might try swapping the mpu to see if that is the problem.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 10:10:03 PM »
Some shots in the dark:

- It could be looking for a drop door closure and is signaling that it thinks the drop door (the door found in the base of the stand) is open.

- It could be an oddball SP chip that has another security check similar to the drop door (like a MPU tray lock switch).

What SP chip are you using?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline marktime

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 05:24:21 PM »
My chip is SP1160. Most of the contacts have been bypassed except the optics. I don't care about the security on this machine, so is there a way I could bypass all the switches to remove that from the equation?

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 06:36:03 PM »
If everything works fine, remove the lamp from the topper.

Offline marktime

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 07:01:49 PM »
b..b..but how do I get cocktail service?  I sort of like having the lights working.  I'll look through the wiring again. 

Maybe I screwed up a setting in the self-test mode at some point.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 07:33:32 PM »
You didn't screw up anything if you're getting cocktail service.     :applause:   :rotfl:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 08:39:55 PM »
Not likely, but could someone have installed some flasher type bulbs in the candle? I've heard of them being used on some pinball and arcade machines, they flash on their own.

A careful re-examination of things might be in order.....

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 10:43:45 PM »
Not likely, but could someone have installed some flasher type bulbs in the candle? I've heard of them being used on some pinball and arcade machines, they flash on their own.

My Bally EM has some of those.  Bulb #455 in the upper payout field as an attract feature.  #44 is the standard non-flashing bulb.

FWIW.  www.pbresource.com is an excellent source of OEM bulbs, coils and misc parts at a great price.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 01:08:18 AM »
The SP1160 has some unique options.  First, make sure you have zero credits on the machine (cash them out or play them out) before attempting to view or change any settings.

Start by making sure that in the Group 1 - Communication Options, that the communications type is set to 0 ("none").  You may need to use the SET chip to change the setting, but you can view the current setting by opening the door and pressing the self test button once.  The Coins Played display should show 0, and the Credits should show 0 ("None").  If the Credits display is set to 1 (Miser) or 2 (SAS), you'll want to change it to 0.  Press the Spin button to change the digit.  If it won't change, you'll need to use a SET chip to change it.

The next setting you'll want to check is that Drop Door Monitoring is disabled.  Press the self test button a second time and you should see "2   0" (or "2    1") in the Winner Paid display.  Now, turn the jackpot reset key until you get to "7    0" (or "7    1").  If option 7 is set to 0, you're good (disabled).  If it's set to 1 ("7    1"), press the Spin button to change it to 0.

Next we want to make sure that the Bill Acceptor Tilt Mode is disabled.  Turn the jackpot reset key until you get to 16, and ensure it's set to "16  0".  If it's at "16  1", use the Spin button to change it to 0.

You can also check the Rejected Bill Limit setting to make sure it's disabled.  Press the Self Test switch until the Coins Played display shows 11.  The Winner Paid display should be set to 0 (or 00).  Use the Spin button (and the Jackpot Reset keyswitch if needed to switch between digits) to set it to 0.

Other things to try if the light is still flashing:

-Try grounding the hopper probe.  SP1160 does hopper level detection -- it could be indicating that the hopper is low.  If you have coins in the hopper, put the probe in the lowest hole and ensure that it is covered by coins.  If you do not have coins (or enough coins), just ground the hopper probe to the cabinet to see if the flashing stops.

- The last thing I can think of is to fool the machine into thinking the card cage (MPU tray) is locked into place, since the SP1160 does support card cage detection.  There's an old thread here on the NLG archive site that explains how to jumper pins 4 and 5 on J2 on the motherboard so the machine thinks the card cage switch is closed.

Finally, you could always change to a different SP chip that doesn't have as many advanced features (and likely won't cause the candle to flash).  SP1160 supports game types 0, 1, 4, and 5 games.  If you have just a plain vanilla Double Diamond game (not "Deluxe" or any other variation), it's just a Type 0 game.  There are many other SP chips that support Type 0 games -- a list of SP chips can be found here.

...or, as was previously suggested, just remove the light bulb.   :Crazy:
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal