New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Mills Token Slot "Six Flags Edition"  (Read 1243 times)

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • DirtinLa New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Mills Token Slot "Six Flags Edition"
« on: November 15, 2019, 11:25:16 AM »
Anyone know the history and value of this machine?

Thanx in advance as always,

-=Fred=-
MY PET PEEVE: Those who ask for and receive help on the forums and then never bother to post the ultimate outcome/fix

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 116
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
Re: Mills Token Slot "Six Flags Edition"
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 06:31:13 PM »

DirtinLa,

Can you post a photo with the door open showing the inside?  I am sure your game was made by a third party using Mills parts.  If we can see inside we may be able to tell exactly what the donor machine was.

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 04:14:30 PM »
Here's the inside pics per the request
MY PET PEEVE: Those who ask for and receive help on the forums and then never bother to post the ultimate outcome/fix

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 04:16:27 PM »
per boarrd request

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 04:37:04 PM »
I had one of these as well. It was also a token vender from an arcade. Mine was made in the 70's. It had Mills printed inside on a tag I think. The "wood" was crumbly fiberboard as this one looks to be as well. Mine had a tag on the right lower side with the date on it and the words Mills Token Vender. It looks like your tag has been removed.
I paid $70 for mine. I think I sold it for $80. There's little demand for these in my opinion. I think these came after the Mills Open Front machines, made in the 70's but they were a full blown slot machine and they used real wood, I think!
How much did you pay for it? Does it work?
Maybe 63mini will have a little more info after he sees the pictures.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 05:14:54 PM »

DirtinLa,

Thanks for the photos.

I think shortrackskater has pretty much nailed it.  I thought this may have been a converted Mills compact open front machine which would have had some value for the parts.  But, after seeing your photos and shortrack's post. I found online that this is a Mills/Bell-o-Matic "Token Vendor" machine built for arcades.  They were made around '76.

I agree with shortrack.  I personally do not see much of a demand for something like this either.

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 06:51:44 AM »
Thankyou for y'all's input. There is a local picker that ended up with it. It came from

Six-Flags New Orleans that closed after hurricane Katrina in 2005. BTW it opened in 2000.

He is asking $299.00. I'm going to recommend he donate it to a katrina museum if one

exists [size=78%]And take the tax write off.[/size]

As always you've been a great help!

Thank you,

-=Fred=-

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 10:31:09 AM »

DirtinLA,

Yeah, I remember SFNO. I installed a game there shortly before it opened as Jazzland.  Everything was nice and new.

I am surprised your machine survived. Those building all had about 4' of mucky water in them. It must have been put up in storage when transfer from Six Flags over TX.  I am pretty sure Six Flags would not have put it out on their location with another parks artwork and tokens.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. I didn't even know that Mills made specific token machines.

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 12:29:35 PM »
I ran across this and was looking at it as an investment. Obviously his $300 ask is not even in the ball park, so I have passed on it.

If anyone else is interested the guy is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and is looking to unload it.

-=Fred=-

Offline Op-Bell

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 11:20:28 PM »
It's a Jennings 400 mechanism and hopper. Mills and Jennings were the same company in the 1970s. Where is the control board?
Like everyone else says, this is a worthless piece of junk. It's probably modified to stop on Token-Token-Token every play. In fact, in the reel closeup you can see there are no stop slots in the brown disks except the one for Token, so you can't even modify it. It might be worth $20 to someone needing a replacement hopper or reel motor but that's all.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 09:12:19 AM »
Thanks for that information Op-Bell.  :wave:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal