New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Problem with video signal  (Read 623 times)

Offline Coloradonewbie

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Coloradonewbie New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Problem with video signal
« on: January 30, 2024, 04:51:15 PM »
I need help.
Igt game king

Screen is black. Game still plays. Touch screen works.
Checked monitor, it works. Hooked it up to a computer.

What would cause a problem with video signal?
Mpu
Wire harness or other cable?

Unfortunately I don't have a test machine.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Problem with video signal
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 04:54:12 PM »
Most likely would be the MPU.  What's the circumstances behind the failure?  Worked fine last time you played, but when you turned it on this time it was black? 

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 08:59:07 PM »
Check the pins at the back of the monitor tray. I had one that the pin had pushed through,  was a pain.
I think it was a well Gardiner door mount monitor for that one, not that that matters.

Wayne

Offline Coloradonewbie

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 06:53:58 AM »
Thanks, I will check all the connections.

Offline Coloradonewbie

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2024, 02:04:53 PM »
Machine started up fine. About 20 seconds of play then screen went black.  Touch screen still working and game playing but no video. I hooked the monitor up to a computer, it seemed fine.  I'm trying to fix it for a lady

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2024, 03:05:01 PM »
Every pin is perfect inside the connector housing?
None are shorter than the others?

If so, then I'd say it's either the small fluorescent tubes that light up the LCD are burning out.
or the inverter ballast that sends power to the tubes, is on the blink.
It can even be a weak voltage line on the power supply freaking out as it warms up.
Unless you are proficient at detaching touchscreen from LCD panels, you only hope is to find another one eh?
What model and year is that monitor? :Scratch-Head:
There should be a nice big label stuck on the back of that thing.

Here's some guesses...>>>
Ceronix
Wells-Gardner
Tatung
Samsung
Isung
Yousung
Shesung...lol
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2024, 03:49:01 PM »
He never stated it was an LCD monitor and he said it displays video from an alternate source, so there's nothing wrong with it.

I'd swap the MPU.

Offline a69mopar

• a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2024, 04:00:45 PM »
I took it to be an lcd since he hooked it to a computer to test. This bypasses the vga to 19/25 cable, which is where I thought the problem could lie. I would also check the cable to the backplane board.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline Coloradonewbie

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2024, 05:07:16 PM »
Tomorrow I'm going to hook up the slot machine to an external monitor. I'll also check the cables. What is the chance that it's the mpu?

Offline Coloradonewbie

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2024, 05:11:01 PM »
I saw I could get a new vga to 19/25 cable. Where would you get the cable that hooks to the backplane if I need one?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2024, 08:36:05 PM »
Probably from one of our vendors here who has parted one out.  That harness is not as easy to change as it looks because of the AC power that is part of it. 

Inspect the cables/connectors, that doesn't cost anything. If find something is damaged then replace it, but from your description on how it failed I'd say the odds are good that something failed on the MPU board.

Offline Coloradonewbie

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2024, 09:17:53 PM »
Touch screen monitor works when hooked to a computer. Slot machine video works when connected to a computer monitor.  But the video still goes black when the slot machine is hooked up to the touch screen monitor. I hooked the touch screen monitor up to an external power source but got the same result. So I still don't know if it's the slot machine or th monitor that has a problem. They both appear to work separately.

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2024, 09:42:32 PM »
Check which mode it is set for.  Does the monitor menu come up?  (From pressing the settings menu button on the monitor) some can be set for 039, 044 avp etc modes

W

Offline Coloradonewbie

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2024, 06:56:12 AM »
I haven't been able to get the menu to come up once it goes black. I might be able to hook it to a computer and see if I can get a menu. It may need a signal to get the menu, I heard some monitors are like that.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2024, 07:25:10 AM »
As long as the LCD gets a VGA signal, it should kick on...the LCD should display the game or options.

Let me ask, you're able to hook up a regular desktop computer LCD screen, AND the other problem touchscreen monitor at the same time...with the plugs you have?
If so, that will help you get into the settings, as these i-Games and Game Kings require both to be working to set up anything....as long as the video doesn't go black on you.

The video "going black" isn't the best sign.
That sounds like a video driver lines somewhere warming up, and then dying out.
An IC component dying out on a circuit board or an LCD fluorescent power ballast inverter.
Could even be the CCFL lamps inside the LCD part of the monitor, dying.
Whether that darkening problem is originating from the MPU or monitor, I don't know from here.
I'd be swapping out MPU's and LCD touchscreen monitors to rule out things...but that's only because I've gathered extra parts to test with over the years.

If the LCD screen is finished, touchscreen monitor repair isn't quite that easy to do at home, unless you have the right equipment and technical skills.
It involves having weird parts like 2-sided adhesive rubber/foam that goes between the touch panel & the LCD panel and a strong acetate taping that keeps it all together.
Once I put a touchscreen on without the tape and the touchscreen basically just slid down once it heated up....lol
You also need Extremely sharp Exacto knife blades to cut the rubber in order to split apart the panels, to save either the LCD or the touchscreen.
Also, extreme meticulous workmanship & eye wear protection to avoid slicing off digits from your hands working with knives and glass.
You might want to just get another touchscreen LCD altogether because of the work involved.
This is where you hope the problem is just a flakey ballast inverter....lol
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 08:07:26 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Coloradonewbie

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2024, 06:44:45 PM »
Thanks. They may bring it over to my house which will make it easier to work on. Right now I'm traveling in half an hourjust to check it out..

Offline hotlsot

• Reputation Power: 63
  • hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2024, 09:53:21 AM »
bad or unstable voltage out of the power supply can cause this problem.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2024, 08:43:10 PM »
Did you ever get this resolved?

Offline Coloradonewbie

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2024, 06:38:56 AM »
Sorry for not updating. I was going to try a new ad board but it was back ordered. Spin gave me a good deal on a used lcd monitor. So right now the monitor is not being used.unrepaired.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2024, 07:31:42 AM »
Ok, thanks for the update.  Glad the machine is back up and running.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal