New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Reel Touch: A Disc Read Error Occurred  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Dirtguy

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
Reel Touch: A Disc Read Error Occurred
« on: March 18, 2018, 06:22:18 PM »

Hi
I am trying to get a Kenny Rogers  Gambler Reel Touch up and running. And I can't get past " A Disc Read Error Occurred" MS Verify Comm Error. I know that I have to set the date, did that, I  don't know if there are any other settings in the bios that have to be set, if so, to what?
 This is the energy star Bios2 with GM chips 000274 & SB 000540, VS 009GX0. (Hope these are the right chips)
I thought by clearing it I could see if something was set wrong, but after clearing it and putting the game chip back in and turning the reset key to clear the errors, It starts up and gets to Waiting for top display. Also- good battery in Top Computer, checked that. I don't have anyway to check and see what files are on an IDE HD.
                                                                           Any ideas?                      Thanks  Dirtguy

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Reel Touch: A Disc Read Error Occurred
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 05:55:43 AM »
Sounds like a typical hard drive failure.
Did you happen to have any more information from the attached post? This needed to be done while the machine was operational.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Dirtguy

• Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 08:39:22 AM »
only other thing I can add at this point is I can feel the HD vibrate, That don't mean its not bad. Was wondering if anyone has a good HD with this game on it.

Offline Dirtguy

• NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 11:44:06 AM »

OK so I had another HD that I know has Bucks Ahoy on it. I plugged it in the machine just to see what would happen. It got past the disc error and I got the blue screen start all the way to Starting ATA. So I guess you are right the HD is Toast.
PM sent to Qbert

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 01:14:28 PM »
Pretty much confirms bad HD in your Kenny.
Check your e-mail
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 06:00:04 PM »
The only way to really know if the HD is bad is to take it out and use an IDE to usb and plug it into your P/C. If it's good you'll be able to see what files are on it. If H/D is bad, It won't show when pluged in. This is what you're looking for. Amazon has for about $3.50
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 11:10:07 AM »
CAUTION do not try and read a bios 1 drive in this manner on a Windows based computer. It will add files to the hardrive and render it useless if it was good.
Ok to do for bios 2 type.

Rich

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2018, 06:17:13 AM »
I reboot and read the drives in safemode and have had no issues thus far.
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline Samm329

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Samm329 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 09:25:05 AM »
So you have Bios2 like my unit. Pull the drive and get an ide to usb, after that plug it into your computer and run check disk fix on it. After that it will install about 3 more files to the drive. once you boot it your bios will do an authentication check, find those files and remove their traces.

When you see the MSVerify message for me that is when it goes to boot the program, verify its integrity ie the "igt os" just embedded XP... and if the hard drive is reading off bad sectors it will throw bad codes... the check disk will do alot of help, as mine was not letting me boot from the drive to begin with. I wouldnt want to keep playing a machine in safe mode, not for the longevity. If anything let me walk you through how to safely make a copy of your current drive, transfer it to a new drive, and repair it, so at least if anything does happen with the machine, you will at least have your game!

Sam

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 07:05:04 PM »
Topic solved replaced hard drive.
Rich

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal