New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Top box battery.  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Top box battery.
« on: May 20, 2018, 12:43:30 PM »
Hello all,
It looks like I have a dead battery in the top box of my Denver Duck machine.
I would assume it is in the top lcd box, what do I need to remove to get at it?
Thanks everyone!

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
Re: Top box battery.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 01:01:24 PM »
The entire top box is on hinges and swings out. there are 4 to 6 screws that hold the box door closed. the battery is just a standard P/C batt. (CR2032). After you change the batt. you will need a PS2 keyboard to plug in and go into the bios to reset the date. good luck.
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 01:03:07 PM »
You do not have to remove it from the machine.
You will need a Phillips screw driver and an old computer keyboard with the small ps2 plug (purple).
Open the top box could be as many as five screws three round top and two flush mount. Most of the time flush mounts are usually already gone.
Replace the battery and plug in the keyboard. Turn the machine on and start pressing the delete key on the keyboard to get the bios screen on the top box. Set the time and date then "Load optimized defaults " and press save yes.
Turn off machine remove keyboard and you should be good to go.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 01:10:16 PM »
Ok, so I am removing the back of the top box, correct?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 01:23:34 PM »
Yes the place where the ps2 port and other plugs are will swing out. You will see the hinge on the back of the top box where it will swing out.
What is guiding you to think the battery is bad?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 03:09:03 PM »
The machine had been sitting for a while, the cpu battery was dead so I changed it out.
The topbox would say the cpu had been changed. I plugged in the keyboard hit f1 and the machine
Would come up. When I turned it off and back on, I would get the same error.
So I was hoping just the battery was dead.
I replaced the battery, set the clock, and it started working. Shut it down, waited a few minutes, turned
It back on and what do you know.....it's up and running!
This is the first time tinkering with one of these machines.
Thanks guys for the help & and the speedy replies!
Jim.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 03:20:47 PM »
Good job glad your up and running.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal