New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: trying to revive a bucks ahoy  (Read 1779 times)

Offline startek2

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • startek2 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
trying to revive a bucks ahoy
« on: July 28, 2018, 04:27:52 PM »
hi gang,this is my first exposire to a video touchscreen and reel slot.  i have replaced the batteries in the slot computer and it looks like netplex is waiting for the top computer.  the computer is showing a disk read error...i have not replaced the battery in the top yet....that is next...the questions are as follows:  I understand there is a good chance the hard drive is bad and I don't have any information on which version it is.  I havent taken the top box apart yet.  i see this thing has a cdrom drive looks like....will the information if i am lucky on any chip or hard drive labels be helpful for what version i need to get?  Is there any info i can get from the computer bios that might be helpful before i pull the battery? (in case it is not dead)....what is the next step??  thanks yall for your time!

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: trying to revive a bucks ahoy
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 06:13:03 PM »
Ok you have a Bucks Ahoy that's a start.
Next thing we need to know is the top box bios type.
When the machine boots up does the top box display a red and blue finger (bios 1) or does it display a green and yellow energy star in the top right of the screen (bios 2).
Next things we will need to know is the MPU type. 500 series  or enhanced type.
We also need to know the SB, SG, and VS chip numbers on the MPU board.
You will also need an old computer keyboard with the small ps2 plug (purple) usb keyboard will not work, if you plan on changing the top box battery.
Try to change the battery in the top box. Turn off replace the battery plug in the keyboard on the side of the top box housing. Then turn on and keep hitting the delete key until it enters the bios screens.  Set the time and date then save also  "load optimized defaults " save the bios. Turn off, unhook the keyboard and if the hardrive is good it should work. CD rom useless unless you have load disks.
Chances are the hardrive is bad as you have stated.
Rich
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 10:19:26 AM by qbert »
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline startek2

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 11:41:14 AM »
ok we have bios 2.....energy star....
as for mpu type model 1952-2 i don't see anything saying series 500 or enhanced........so i took a picture for you as also the roms you asked for....

Offline startek2

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 11:43:09 AM »
one more of the vs chip

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 03:51:07 PM »
You can actually use a USB keyboard on those

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 07:59:50 PM »
Cowboy good to know I have not had good luck with USB keyboards.
Star have you tried replacement of the top box battery?
You have what they call a 500 series board.
It is recommended that you remove the green battery as it is not required for home use and they will leak alkali on the MPU board and damage it. The round coin battery is required.
I will check my records and see if I have a hard drive that will work with your chip set combination. But I won't have access to my records until Saturday morning. Assuming the battery change does not work.
PM for details.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline startek2

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 08:37:37 PM »
thanks!  the battery change did NOT work!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal