New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Cabinet Memory Data Not Valid SAVP Slot  (Read 2998 times)

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Cabinet Memory Data Not Valid SAVP Slot
« on: August 22, 2018, 03:23:23 PM »
I have a 4 reel savp which is giving me a Cabinet Memory Data Not Valid on bootup.  Tried to wipe the Cabinet data using an ekey and diagnostic dongle but system reboots every time I go to clear it.  I have tried setting protect switch in both positions but get same result.  Brain box is a 3.0.  I new to working on these and need some guidiance.  I have no loader for this so starting all over is out until I find one.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 04:10:40 AM by tjlee »

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Cabinet Memory Data Not Valid SAVP Slot
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 04:36:26 PM »
Check your batteries on pci card and on lower board in brain box.  If you manage to get to the clear/wipe screen just do the top two-not the third -bottom selection or you will loose your operating system.  I may have the loaders-will have to look when I get back into town.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 05:35:26 PM »
Thanks for the info. CPU batteries check OK.  Back plain battery is 2.9V??
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 06:50:10 PM by tjlee »

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 06:08:53 AM »
I would replace that backplane battery.  There are some new ones on Ebay right now.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 06:30:03 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion.  I will check.it out.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 04:39:39 AM »
LOADER FOUND!! I'm in need of a loader for this slot.  PM me on this.  Thanks

GC014004BL70001   
DBL 3X4X5X PAY-DBL 3X4X5X DIA 4R3CM (BL7)   
GT0140040010101
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 08:26:54 AM by tjlee »

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 03:46:17 AM »
I have reinstalled the OS and game in this slot.  The "Cabinet Memory Data Not Valid"  is gone but now I am getting a red screen saying "E2 device data not valid" and boot up stops at this point.  I think it is referring to the backboard cabinet data??  I have tried many times to wipe the cabinet data but each time it starts to wipe the slot goes into reboot.  Any suggestions??
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 08:23:44 AM by tjlee »

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 05:46:53 PM »
A word of advice.  You need to see what your boot 1 and 2 are--1 on pci card and other square one is in lower main board.  Make sure they match.  document what they are and share here.  ALSO  the boots are operating sensitive.  There is a matrix that tells what is compatible with what.  ALSO  you may have a pci card issue,  backplane issue or brain box issue or just operator error.  Looks like a turd you are trying to revive and hope you get there--I can take 1 guess where it came from!.  All info on your part helps us to fix it.  Since you stated you re-loaded the game you must have some software to use now.  If so please remove your wtb ad so others do not bother you. 

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 06:30:01 PM »
Boot chips match in this and I think the problem stems back to the backplane board as I cannot wipe cabinet memory.  I haven't seen the matrix for matching boots to OS.  I exchanged pci cards and problem still exsists.  Picture of boots are below.  I am using 14030 OS with the boots. I'm just learning the system so any suggestions are appreciated.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 09:08:48 PM »
I decided to look the cabling over good in this slot.  I found the PCI ribbon cable is damage.  This may be the reason why I'm getting the Red screen.  FOUND !! Does anyone have one of these I could buy??  Thanks
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 05:49:04 AM by tjlee »

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 01:14:28 AM »
To finalize this thread.  The "E2  device data not valid" error is  caused by the backplane memory.  A keyflick may remove it but in my case it did not.  This memory is very static sensitive and it must have been taken out when the PCI ribbon cable shorted.  I replaced the backplane and everything is working now.  On trimline models this backplane memory AT24c26 is removable as it is socketed. On this upright model it is surfaced mounted and to replace it you must rework the board. I'm not sure how it is mounted on other avp models.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal