New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Reel Touch msverify error on VFD  (Read 3050 times)

Offline jjr

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jjr Is looked down upon.
  • NLG
Reel Touch msverify error on VFD
« on: October 21, 2018, 03:44:20 PM »

(2)-see photo-(new subject)I also have another slot exactly the same but a different theme it was working fine and it just stopped and is giving me a error too see new photo I just uploaded
(3)-(new subject)-I also have some Williams slot machine that need reset but my only issue is I have 2 different ram clear eproms and I need more information on what the ram clear chips are both are XU3 but the versions are different I have a version 1.01 and a version 1.03 whats the difference between them.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:18:26 AM by qbert »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Reel Touch msverify error on VFD
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 04:22:47 PM »
For the Williams machine issue please start a new post in the Williams slot machine topic area.

what is showing on the top monitor?

Rich
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:31:13 AM by qbert »
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline jjr

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 07:54:16 PM »
there is nothing showing in the top monitor that's why I didn't provide that info it seems to not be working now and that's when the error showed up

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 02:15:41 AM »
Sounds like the power supply behind the top box has failed.
Try swapping this power supply with your other machine and see what happens
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline jjr

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 10:02:24 AM »
That was the 1st thing I did when the error 1st appeared

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 10:14:10 AM »
Open the top box and see if any LED lights come on when you turn it on so we can see if it's a power issue.

Offline jjr

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 12:17:59 PM »
That's something I did notice on the other 1 when you turn it on the CD player will flash a green light and you can open the CD player up when you push the open button.
On the MSVERIFY:COMM ERROR one I do not see the CD player box flash a green light and you can't get the CD player to open either and I don't see any lights how ever you do see the screen flash ever so slightly and the led lights around the screen lightup very quickly at the same time as the screen does when you 1st power up the machine but only flash and that's it.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 03:13:17 PM »
Still sounds like the power supply.
We are talking about the the one in the top box and NOT the one behind the reels. LED lights are powered by supply behind the reels.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:32:50 PM by qbert »

Offline jjr

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 11:02:21 AM »
do you really think I would be talking about the main power supply that sits behind the reels there are no lights on it I have yet to see lights on any S2000 main power supply that sits behind the reels there are lights on the I/O and on other boards but all these are located below the top box it's apparent to me this is beyond mine and your knowledge so I will call this a wash and figure it out myself.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 01:42:16 PM »
Open the top box and see if any LED lights come on when you turn it on so we can see if it's a power issue.
Where did I say to look for the LED lights. Not on the power supply but inside the top box itself.
Looks like you know very little about Reel Touch.
Other post RFA corrupt that means HD is bad that's basic stuff.
Your attitude sucks you have 4 posts here no one knows your experience level. I didn't see anything in your profile that says you are experienced with S2000 or Reel Touch. From your questions it looks like you don't know shit.
When you get around to looking for LEDs inside the top box let me know if you see any.

Offline jjr

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 05:32:29 PM »
If you would have read my post you would have understood what I said but from your answer when you asked if it was the power supply behind the reels because only once did I say anything about the bottom part and that was in the very beginning when I asked where the hard drive was so go back and read my post after you asked if I could see any lights because I explained everything that was happening when I powered up the machine and even before that I already told you that the 1st thing I did was changed out the power supply I switched it with the one that's having hard drive issue and nothing changed and my attitude changed with the treating me like I didn't know what I was doing I know a heck of alot more than you think I do I have a game room full of machine including other S2000 that don't have the added video screen above and I have only 2 of these machines and I have had them for a little over 2 years and the slot shop I purchased these 2 from repaired the one that has the bad hard drive now at least I thought they did because it as under warranty 2 years ago I have done all  my repairs on all my machines myself no I do not seek help from these U tube videos because most of them are done by non professionals that think they no what they are doing.
I was only seeking help here because the slot machine shop I bought these from does not answer there phone anymore.
But just to get it straight I will figure the MS:verify error out myself I know I can because like I said I know a lot more than you think I do.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 05:01:28 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 07:15:25 PM »
Well now that I know you have S2000 experience that's a horse of a different color.
I would have read every word from you like it was gospel.

Did you ever think why the shop you bought them from won't answer you phone calls?
I can think of about 3 reasons:
1) They are out of business (or close to it)
2) They really don't know much about Reel Touch machines and can't really help you.
and finally (where my bet is)
3) They are blocking your call because you think the world owes you a living and  that your Gods gift to self taught slot machine repair. So they are thinking that you couldn't possibly need help because you know so much more than they do.'

Now that I got that off my chest lets get back to the issue at hand. Last piece of advice for you that should save you a bunch of time.
Either your connection to the power supply is bad or your mother board is TKO. (just to be clear the one in the top box.)
MS verify error means the top box is not responding to the lower MPUs requests.

All I have seen from folks here are people trying to help you and as I stated before, most folks when they first come to this site know very little.  Because of that we have to take small steps with them. Did you ever tell us until this last post you know your way around the machine? No you took it as folks here were trying to call you stupid. Sounds like you are a little insecure about your own abilities to be bothered by this.

As far as Reel Touch machines go I know I am the expert.

So after you go around buying multi drives and the other crap people are selling on E-bay as "hard drive replacements" for your other  machine, remember I'm the one that told you they will not work with your chip set.
Trust me this site has way more to offer than you think, we have all been there the moderators and experts here have dealt with hundreds of machines and hundreds folks with problems but they will not tolerate a JackAss.
You might want to try a little humility you will get much further in life.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2018, 07:43:00 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal