New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Pull handle won't lock  (Read 1672 times)

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • hornetgod13 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Pull handle won't lock
« on: February 14, 2019, 09:06:09 PM »
I've found another homeless IGT S+ in need of some TLC. Swapping out the main battery and running a clear chip has it running well. Also had to adjust the knife and fix the old hopper optic mechanism. The only thing that needs attention is, the pull handle does not lock in the up position and there is no reel stop sound from the handle solenoid. Is it common for these solenoids to go bad or could there be another easier solution to the problem? The handle still functions as it should to spin the reels once credits are added. it just doesn't lock in the up position at the end of a spin.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 03:36:39 PM by hornetgod13 »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Pull handle won't lock
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 03:17:35 AM »
I have heard and seen bad solenoids for those handles. It could be as simple as Just needing some stray lube to free it up. You could remove reels two and three to get a better view of what’s wrong. You could also use your phones camera to find the problem. Snap a couple pics of the handle, then look them over.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 05:42:39 AM »
A good search of old forum topics led me several good theories. Broken spring, lack of lubrication, loose/disconnected spade connector. I think it might be mechanical. The handle doesn't appear to be going all the way up to the stowed/home position and is stopping just short. I wonder if the locking portion was forced bent, or broken. I thought if the solenoid was bad/dead the handle would stay in the locked position. With power on or off the handle is free to move. It does ratchet on the way down and spring back up when at the end of the stroke. However, the lack of a reel stop sound and no click when a coin is dropped makes me think the solenoid is dead or disconnected. Perhaps there is a switch in the mechanism that is not showing the handle all the way up thus, not energizing the solenoid.
I'll look it over good when I get a chance. I hope its something easy. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Is there an Input test on the S+ pull handle/solenoid?

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 07:14:20 AM »
I removed what was left of the old (since deleted) bill validator shelf to gain better access to the pull handle mechanism. I snapped a few cell phone pictures to see if I could identify what might be wrong. I quickly discovered that the solenoid is electrically disconnected (no wires connected and wire pigtail is missing). The entire solenoid mechanism is zip tied together to disengage the locking feature on the handle (see picture). The springs appear to be intact. Is this a sign of a bad solenoid? If the solenoid is bad why didn't the previous owner just remove it? Is zip tying it the cheapest (laziest) way to override a locked pull handle? I want to fix it. Looks like I need a working handle solenoid and wire pig tail.

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 07:57:32 AM »
I had forgotten to mention in the earlier post, that I checked range of motion in the handle as compared to another S+ I own and the handle is stowing correctly. Its range of motion up and down match the other machine.
I found a working handle solenoid with pigtail on feebay for $21.25 delivered. I had read in a couple other threads that a S2000 solenoid will work in an S+. I hope this fixes it. I will post the results. Wish me luck.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 09:51:00 AM »
It’s possible that coil is still good. Did you Ohm it out with a multi meter? The previous owner might not have liked the constant click, click, click of the solenoid firing as the reels stopped, and they disconnected the wires? Did you dig around to look for the other end of wire needed?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 10:21:53 AM »
I did not read out the solenoid. It is missing the black connector to female spade connector pigtail. I will cut the zip tie and install the new wire pig tail first before swapping the whole solenoid assembly.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 10:51:54 AM »
You might want to remove that zip tie and look for the other plug. I would almost bet it’s still hooked to the coil.
And remember...

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 11:11:46 AM »
The male spades on the solenoid have no wires connected. The other end of the wire harness has a black two wire connector that is missing the solenoid wire pigtail. I could fashion spliced wires but I don't want to hack up the original wiring.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 01:23:50 PM »
I couldn’t see the solenoid connections in the pin.
And remember...

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 03:43:42 PM »
So the replacement handle release solenoid arrived today. I slaved in the replacement pigtail, cut the zip tie and tested the original solenoid. Deader than Boy George's music career. Went ahead and swapped the entire solenoid assembly and it now works great! Locks handle when not in use. Unlocks handle when credit is added and it now has reel stop noise. I would say this topic is solved and I labeled the topic as such. Thanks to those that helped.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 04:25:08 PM »
Good job and thanks for the update.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal