New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Williams dotmation 400  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Clown2948

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Clown2948 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Williams dotmation 400
« on: April 28, 2019, 08:58:43 AM »
Looking for a power box for my winning streak slot machine. I will try to take pictures of this silver box on here. I also need the upper power supply for the dotmation box. I did check the main power supply and had to plug it in to a different outlet to get it to come on. It would not power up with this silver box. That makes me think it is bad. I also have no lights with this box plugged in. Any help would be great. If you have these items for sale please let me know.

Offline Terps

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Williams dotmation 400
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 04:15:42 PM »
Sent you a PM.

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • tollguy316 New User barely matters.tollguy316 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 06:20:38 PM »
Can you give a few details about your issue as it seems a little vague. What is this machine ever up and fully functional? Is the issue that you're having a sudden problem? What happens when you initially turn on the machine? What red lights do you see on the board? I have an extra of the silver box that you're referring to but I don't understand how you were able 2 power of the machine without using the voice of the box. Can you offer a few more details and possibly some pics? The more information you give us the easier it will be to diagnose your issue.

Offline Clown2948

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 08:07:26 PM »
This machine worked until all of a sudden it just went off. No lights nothing. It has the updated power supply so I unplugged it from the silver box and plugged it in to another outlet outside of the machine . Than I turned on the machine and  it said dotmation fail. So now I know that I need an upper power supply to fix that. But I have to get the silver box replaced so I can plug the lower power back into it. The plug on the silver box does not work that is why I unplugged it from there.

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 09:13:45 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by an updated power supply. Are you referring to the ATX computer power supply modification? Before you assume the silver box is bad open it up and take out the top power supply inside. There are four screws that hold it in place. Underneath have power supply is another board that has a fuse on it. See if that fuse is blown. I find it odd that you think that you all the sudden blew both power supplies unless you have some sort of a power surge. What is the machine running when this happened? Or did you just turn on one day and you got no power at all? Did you have any other machines plugged in that are now having issues? When you plug in the lower power supply to the external source, which I'm still not understanding. But regardless when you open up the little door does the i/o board  have any red lights lit?

Offline Clown2948

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 04:18:35 AM »
It does have an ATX power supply it it. IT was replaced by the person who I bought it from 10 years ago. The game worked fine and one day I turned it on and it said dotmation fail. Than I just shut it off. A couple of weeks I turned it back on and than it made a small pop and the game shut off for good. I checked the fuse on the front of the box below the power button and it was good. I have all my games plugged into surge protectors. I than wanted to see if the ATX power supply was bad so I plugged it into an outside plus to see if it was bad. I turned the game back on and in the credits it said dotmation fail. I noticed that only some of the game lights did not work. I than plugged the power supply back into the silver box on the inside of the cabinet and turned the game back on but nothing happened. That is why I think that box is bad. What do the call that box on the side of the game that all the wires plug into it. I am not worried about the dotmation board yet because I wanted to get the game to come back on.

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 05:17:17 AM »
It's a distribution box... take a pic of the side where all the plugs are as there are 2 different variations of it.  Specifically it is the plug on the far right as it either has 12 or 16 spaces that the molex connector fits into.

Offline Clown2948

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 05:42:02 AM »
I did take a picture of the distribution box . It is on the thread. It has 12 spaces on it. The two white power plugs do not work. That is where the ATX plugs into it. That is why I think it’s bad. The red switch is set to 115V. The black outlet is the main power for the whole machine. I did try the outlet on the front of the distribution box and that one did work but doesn’t shut off the game off when you turn the red switch off.

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 06:12:10 PM »
I just checked. I have five boxes and they all have 16 spaces on the Molex plug. Sorry

Offline Clown2948

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 05:31:18 AM »
Hi do you have any power supplies for the dotmation lower distribution box. I now think it went bad . Machine turns on but reels do not move and the win pay lights don’t come on no bill Val no coin comp. No error code no sound but the Williams board comes on. Thanks Robert.

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 07:06:36 AM »
Robert. I sent you a p.m. but your inbox is full.

Offline Clown2948

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 07:22:40 AM »
Cleaned out my in box.

Offline Clown2948

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2019, 07:52:59 AM »
Well I did talk to the man who bought the game and he said the box under the reels has only two lights that light up. The center three don’t light. If that helps find my problem let me know please. I think it is the power supply. My number is 248-467-7095

Offline Clown2948

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 03:50:00 PM »
Need one bottom power supply as soon as possible. Send me PayPal address to make payment.

Offline Clown2948

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2019, 10:58:05 AM »
Thanks for your help. New power supply installed and machine works great.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal