New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S-plus transformer  (Read 1234 times)

Offline shaneo

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • shaneo New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S-plus transformer
« on: May 04, 2020, 09:45:57 AM »
I have a S-Plus machine with a bad main power transformer (7v, 24v, 115v)
Searching the number on the transformer does not come up with anything so does anyone here know what I can get one or a suitable replacement?

Thanks.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S-plus transformer
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 10:13:19 AM »
Is this the main transformer inside the power module on the right side bottom of the machine?  haven't seen many of these go bad, only one in around twenty years,  what problem are you having ?, why do you think it is bad?

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline shaneo

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 10:58:59 AM »
Is this the main transformer inside the power module on the right side bottom of the machine?  haven't seen many of these go bad, only one in around twenty years,  what problem are you having ?, why do you think it is bad?

Jim

Yes the transformer i'm referencing is on the bottom right side.
The machines light and alarm started going off like it had hit a jackpot when it did not, the alarm wouldn't stop going off and the machine was unresponsive to any kind of input.
Power cycled the machine and the alarm stopped and most of the lights turned back on but no lights on any of the buttons, no response from pressing the buttons, and would not accept coins.

I first tested the coin acceptor for voltage (0v) so I check the fuses which all tested good then checked the secondary voltage off of the transformer, I got 1v on the 7v, 0v on the 24v and 12v on the 115v. Primary voltage was good. I pulled the transformer out and tested the secondary with no load and had the same results.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 11:29:44 AM »
S+ transformer is 560-026-90 
 primary is 1-2-3   1=com, 2= 115vac, 3= 220vac

secondary is 4-5-6   4=12vac,5=com, 6= 12vac

7-8-9      7= com, 8= 7 vac,  9= 8 vac.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline shaneo

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 12:18:59 PM »
This is the diagram I have and a picture of the transformer.
I don't have the machine in front of me but the manual I have says it's for "S+ Plus"

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 02:19:05 PM »
How many outputs due you have in the secondary??  the transformer shown in the book must be for something else,  the S+ does not use an 115vac isolated voltage,  that is typical of a Poker machine using the 115 vac isolated to run the monitor. 

The transformer I laid out is what is in a S+ power supply module,  show me a picture of where it came from and the machine it came from! and where in the machine it was located.  also show me a picture of the complete transformer.

Jim

Signature:

Offline shaneo

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 08:04:32 PM »
Here is the machine, model number, and the secondary side of the transformer.
I can't get a picture of the inside of the machine as of right now but I found a similar looking inside on google.
Where I got the transformer would be on the right hand side underneath where the guy in the picture has his hand.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 10:54:39 PM »
I'm with Jim -- aside from machines that have been waterlogged, I've never heard of a faulty transformer in an S+ machine.

Generally if there are power issues it's due to a bad connection on the wire harness that runs from the transformer to the fixed motherboard in the bottom of the machine (see the following link):

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14163.0
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 07:21:36 AM »
The transformer you have pictured is the same transformer part number that I had given you the pinout numbers,  if you put 115 vac to pins 1 and 2, you should get the voltages that I have listed,  you are measuring AC voltages so polarity is not critical,  meter leads across 4/6 should be 24vac, 7/8 should be 7vac,  7/9  should be 8vac.   4/5 should be 12vac,  5/6  should be 12vac.  if you get these voltages the transformer is good.

Jim

Signature:

Offline shaneo

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2020, 12:11:13 PM »
OK you're right, the transformer is fine, the manual I have must NOT be for that machine.
Do you know what machine it is I have from either the photo of it or the model number? And if a manual is available?
And any suggestions as to what could be wrong?
It does not function at all besides lights turning on, will not accept coins.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2020, 12:34:37 PM »
You have an S+.  Did you follow the link Knagl provided?

Also post a pic of the mpu board, could be a bad chip or one inserted wrong.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2020, 02:21:07 PM »
make sure you get all the correct wires placed back on the right terminals, or you machine will never work!!,

pin 1=white/red
pin 2=black/red
pin  3=black/violet
pin 4=orange/black
pin 5=solid green
pin 6= solid orange
pin 7=blue/black
pin 8=solid blue
pin 9= brown/blue

check all three fuses and caps

after you everything installed and hooked up, remove the board, turn on the power and check the ac voltages at the plug on the mother board, its the plug that comes out of the side of the power supply module, it goes from there directly to the motherboard connection,

whereas:
pin 1=7/8 volt common  solid green
pin 2=7/8 volt common  solid green
pin 3=7vac hot  solid blue
pin 4= 8 vac hot  brown/blue
pin 5= 24vac hot  orange/green
pin 6= 24vac common  solid  orange.

Jim 

Signature:

Offline shaneo

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2020, 06:15:06 PM »
Sorry for the late update it took me awhile before I was able to get back to the machine.

I reinstalled the transformer, cleaned up that power connector that goes to the motherboard and that fixed the issue, machine started right up. I appreciate the help.

I do not have a reset key for the machine (above the arm), anyone know what kind of key it needs or a good replacement?

thanks.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 06:24:05 PM »
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 08:36:02 AM by shortrackskater »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal