New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Total-in meter : double counted token  (Read 685 times)

Offline Nurbo

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
Total-in meter : double counted token
« on: June 27, 2021, 11:26:22 AM »
Hello,

I have finished restoring a 742 8 Ball (742—67), everything is working fine except the total In meter.

I have about one in five is double counted.

However, I have checked the diagram and I do not see why from time to time the counter which is new increases by 2 tokens. :Scratch-Head:

Attached is the part of the diagram with the total In meter.

Thank you !
IGT S2000 - Super Spin Sizzling 7
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Total-in meter : double counted token
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 12:26:28 PM »
Need to eliminate the counter of being at fault.
Determine the wire that actually advances the numbers in the counter at the meter.
Usually there is a white, black, or red wire leaving the meter.
Artificially advance the counter by applying the correct voltage to the wire
by jumping from a common reliable source.
Do this 20 to 30 times keeping track of how many times voltage is applied.
If voltage is applied 25 times and the meter reads 26 or 27 then it’s a good possibility the meter is at fault.

Or.

There is a set of contacts / switch in the circuit that advances the meter.
Need to locate it and check the space between the contacts, they might be to close causing a over count.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 05:25:57 PM »
the first increment should happen when the coin is dropped, the coin relay trips and the handle release coil powers.  Are you getting a double increment before touching the handle?

if yes, then if any switch in the circuit up to/including the handle release switch is flakey, you could get the double activation.

also check the 2400 ohm resistor.

Offline Nurbo

• Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 11:38:00 AM »
Hello,

@DavidLee : I'll do the voltage check later. I already check all space between the many switch on the Total-In Meter circuit.

@WolfTalk : Yes, I have the double increment when I drop the coin...before pulling the handle.
For the resistor, I don't have the right value, so I put four 10kohms resistor in parallel, I have about 2700 ohms with the multimeter.
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 01:38:32 PM »
if what david suggested doesn't turn up anything, you can either shotgun it - clean/adjust every switch and plug in the circuit - or you could stick a piece of paper between the "D" switch contacts and connect the meter probes to on wires 51-1 and 70, then deposit a coin and see if the 50V is stable while thumping/wiggling the reel mech and hopper.

after that, pull out the paper in the D switch when the game is in the above state and manually lift up the arm to hold the release coil switch closed.  See if there's any arcing.

since your problem is intermittent, it takes some effort and luck to find.  You can also use jumper wires to bypass some switches and see if the meter increments reliably.  You can't jumper over the coin switch or the handle release switch, but the rest can be bypassed.

I don't recall what the rejector switch is ... got a picture of that?

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 01:30:05 AM »
Thanks for your answers, I will test all of this by this weekend.

The rejector switch is behind the coin mechanism. It "closes" when the machine is switched on, it is the coin lockout armature which presses on it.
I removed it and connected the 2 wires together.

I don't have a photo before disassembly.
We see him hanging from the end of the wires

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 08:01:47 AM »
great thanks! 

I'm pretty sure I've never seen a coin rejector switch before. 

anyone think of what it's trying to accomplish? 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal