New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Small displays in the player trackign area (multi denom, multi prog)  (Read 2825 times)

Offline 72polara

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • 72polara New User has no influence.
  • NLG
The project here involves a multi denom S2000 with a Cham II+ controller, STA V2.11, with three stand alone progressives. There are three denoms and progressive amounts, .01 for SA2, .02 for SA1, and .05 for SA0. All three increment properly, each with a different rate, and the the progressive values report the S2k properly with each amount shown with the associated game.

To get the Cham to send the data to the S2k for all three jackpots, I had to enable displays that are not physically there. If I plug in the display board from another game, I can see the other two jackpots. SA0 shows on the large display on the top glass.

What I would like to do is mount two small displays, one for each of the two smaller jackpots, in the player tracking area. Something like the 7 segments you sometimes see on the machines with short top glass, usually mounted at a slight angle along the highest winning combination.

What display units should I be searching for?

Thanks for the help,
Josh

I have looked at both this new board, and the old one, and have not seen any mention of multiple progressive amounts on multi denom games. Shall I write something up?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: Small displays in the player trackign area (multi denom, multi prog)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 10:52:37 AM »
72polara/Josh - I think the site could benefit from what you've done with progressives, as it seems to be a step further than most go. Feel free to write up something and the mods can make it a sticky or, if its a document, then absolutely upload it into the NLG File System! Thank you for offering to share with us!

As for the little 7-segments you need, are you talking about something like show in the pic? I have them opn my website, but as a complete unit of course, not just the displays. Not sure I've ever seen just the displays sold, but I very well could be wrong.

Oh wait, what about the progressive toppers? Maybe those would work? There just a black box that mounts on top of machine.

Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 01:38:32 PM »
The one shown is for a S+
The LED boards themselves are the same though.

If you set up the S2000 in stand alone progressive.
It will change the main display to the correct value when you change denomination.

Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline 72polara

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 03:08:36 PM »
CVSlots... I will write up a how to for this. Hopefully someone else and try it out and find anything I goofed up. I noticed that if I changed the jackpot displayed, then that value was sent to the S2k. I then enabled two more displays that did not physically exist, and assigned jackpots to each. Then all three jackpot values were sent to the S2k.

The displays I desire are like what you pictured. I need them to be able to plug into J3 on the Cham II+ and one into J3 on the primary display. These are the 10 pin ribbon cable connectors.

I made a topper for a S+ and that worked well. Looked like something a smaller club might have built in their shop. The S2k is a round top, so that won't work. Don't want to hang something on the wall either since the room is all real wood paneling.

Foster... The S2k is in link progressive with the Cham II+. It had this controller in it when my friend got the game. The interface between the Cham II+ and the S2k is the simple 3 wire cable.

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 06:32:17 PM »
The LED displays are 20 pin cable for both the S2K and S+ LED displays, between the driver and LED.
8 wires are used for the a-g segments, decimal which is the positive or anode side of the LED and one wire per digit for the negative or cathode side.

The display interface on the Cham II or II+ can't drive the LED's directly. needs more driver logic between the output of the cham II+ and the LED's.
I have not found any information on the output signals on the cham II+ display connections.

Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline 72polara

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 07:43:17 AM »
Thanks for the info guys. I think the most practical solution will be some sort of wall mounted display. I did do a little investigation of the data on the serial return from the progressive to the machine. Connected up a level converter and looked at what was being sent. Couldn't make anything of the data. I have to check that the data invert function of my terminal program was working right in case I got the levels inverted. I'll dig in more during the winter when it's good to stay inside at the workbench.

The main thing is I figured out how to do multiple stand alone based on denomination played.

Josh

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 03:37:02 PM »
I suspect the serial data could be Binary Coded Decimal, 2 digits per byte.

IGT uses the format to drive S+ player and the S+ progressive displays (small LED or Spectrum)

It is also a format used for data between a machine and host computer via SAS.

Offline 72polara

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 03:50:14 PM »
I suspect the serial data could be Binary Coded Decimal, 2 digits per byte.

IGT uses the format to drive S+ player and the S+ progressive displays (small LED or Spectrum)

It is also a format used for data between a machine and host computer via SAS.

I will keep this in mind when I play with it next.

I need to be sure by terminal software was working right, and I will reset the progressive to base amount, with an increment for every pulse in. That should make looking for the data, and comparing it, looking for changes as the display increments, easier. I know it will have to provide the JP number and the dollar amount. Maybe there is a checksum or something like that, too?

In the past, I have figured out a lot of serial data streams so I could interface pieces of equipment that were never meant to talk to each other.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal