New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB2 System Halted Error  (Read 717 times)

Offline winteradler

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • winteradler New User has no influence.
  • NLG
BB2 System Halted Error
« on: June 16, 2023, 12:00:17 AM »
I'm really hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have a BB2 that was working fine until a few weeks ago. I loaded a new game card after clearing the RAM (as I have done before with several different game cards) and I received this error:

Loading serial no module failed. try again...
serial no : error registering device.
insmod: error inserting '/lib/modules/wms/serial no.ko' : -1 Operation not permitted

It eventually goes to System Halted. The only thing that I can get to work on the machine is a 1810 RAM Clear Card. I tried multiple pairings of different OS Cards and Game Cards that have worked in the past and I've tried a 1851 RAM Clear Card, but nothing will work and it keeps going to this System Halted screen. I replaced the batteries, and tried reseating the CPU multiple times, but nothing has fixed it. I've attached a pictures of the error screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm not sure what to do/try next...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 10:57:23 PM by winteradler »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: BB2 System Halted Error
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 06:00:14 PM »
I would lift and reseat the mpu.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline winteradler

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 07:32:23 PM »
Just for clarification... Is there a difference between the MPU and the CPU?  In my previous post, when I was referring to the CPU (possible erroneously) I meant the 1' X .5' metal cage CPU NXT2 with the lever underneath the lower right corner that engages and disengages the latches moving the box up and tightening it down. Is there a MPU behind the logic box door that can be removed and reseated?

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 05:48:31 AM »
They are the same thing............

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 07:48:53 AM »
In the slot world, the mpu (also brainbox) is the whole assembly.  The CPU is inside the mpu box as it is basically just a pc in fancy packaging.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline winteradler

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2023, 10:53:45 PM »
Long story short.... I have my BB2 working again. I guess you can say almost any slot machine can be fixed if you're willing to keep buying more and more parts! Someone told me that I might be using an outdated clear card (correct or not), so I purchased a 1851 card to use instead of my 1810 card, which didn't fix it. I then purchased a reasonable reconditioned MPU from a Minnesota company and swapped it out with the original one, but the error still persisted. I finally bought a brand new backplane and swapped it out with the original one, and the machine stopped halting when it got to "loading serial no module failed. / serial no : error registering device". I would like to believe that changing the backplane was the solution, but maybe the final time of reseating the MPU and disconnecting and reconnecting the molex connectors to the backplane made a reconnection that wasn't there before. I'm not that knowledgeable about this machine, but ignorance is bliss and I'm just happy that it works again. I now have an extra MPU for back-up. Although no one was able to help me solve my problem through my post, I'm very grateful for NLG and the extensive archives it maintains which I spent hours reading through trying to learn what the problem might be. They were especially helpful when my bill validator didn't work with the new backplane, and I learned the jumper configuration wasn't set-up on the new backplane for a MARS system.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal