New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Still fighting S+ Top Dollar Error code 64  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Spindoctor

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Spindoctor New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Still fighting S+ Top Dollar Error code 64
« on: October 24, 2023, 03:57:51 PM »
My Top Dollar S+ machine has a 64 error code on the main display which evidently means a communication error between the main box and the bonus box.  I have traced all of the connections and nothing is loose. I have also taken the MPU4 unit out and inspected it and I have no answers.  Any help would be appreciated.  By the way the top box has a t_03 alternating with a c_01 on the display in case that means anything. Thanks!

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Still fighting S+ Top Dollar Error code 64
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 05:54:10 PM »
I hope you removed the varta battery from the top box MP4 cpu, it is not needed and will destroy the board in time.

are the red and green LEDS flashing on the board mounted above the  cpu and below the reels?

did this machine ever work for you?

never saw it toggle between 03 and 04, typically, just C04.  is the power supply turned on in the top box, toggle switch on top with a back lit switch, typically red when on.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Spindoctor

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2023, 03:06:48 PM »
I hope you removed the varta battery from the top box MP4 cpu, it is not needed and will destroy the board in time.

are the red and green LEDS flashing on the board mounted above the  cpu and below the reels?

did this machine ever work for you?

never saw it toggle between 03 and 04, typically, just C04.  is the power supply turned on in the top box, toggle switch on top with a back lit switch, typically red when on.

Jim

Jim I tried to get to the battery and I got the board out but couldn't figure out how to get to the top of the board behind the black casing. The led in thr bottom has 1 green light on. Yes the machine worked great up until last couple weeks, no issues. Any thoughts?
Chris

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2023, 05:23:50 PM »
the T 03 indicates that it  is Top Dollar version 3 

did you disconnect any wiring in the top box?  especially to the sound module, the one blue connector is actually the comms from the bottom cpu, there are two connections A-B.  B is for the s plus comms, the other is not used. 

remove the top box, remove the power supply, disconnect all the connections to the black cpu box, then disengage the black box from the frame, on the bottom, there are two slide connectors that keep the two half's together , you have to slide them to one side, remove two screws from the long connector, seperate the two half's , then disconnect the connector coming from the power transistor , this should expose the circuit board in order to remove the battery.  then assemble in the reverse fashion.

I always take plenty of pictures before disassembling anything, just for reference.

there is a cable that comes from the I/O board with the LEDS on it, down to the s plus motherboard progressive output, there is a connection halfway down that cable, make sure all these are connected, and secure.   

forget how to tell is the bottom part acts when booting up.

hope this will help

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Spindoctor

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 05:34:28 PM »
the T 03 indicates that it  is Top Dollar version 3 

did you disconnect any wiring in the top box?  especially to the sound module, the one blue connector is actually the comms from the bottom cpu, there are two connections A-B.  B is for the s plus comms, the other is not used. 

remove the top box, remove the power supply, disconnect all the connections to the black cpu box, then disengage the black box from the frame, on the bottom, there are two slide connectors that keep the two half's together , you have to slide them to one side, remove two screws from the long connector, seperate the two half's , then disconnect the connector coming from the power transistor , this should expose the circuit board in order to remove the battery.  then assemble in the reverse fashion.

I always take plenty of pictures before disassembling anything, just for reference.

there is a cable that comes from the I/O board with the LEDS on it, down to the s plus motherboard progressive output, there is a connection halfway down that cable, make sure all these are connected, and secure.   

forget how to tell is the bottom part acts when booting up.

hope this will help

Jim

Thanks Jim! So I really can just take the battery out?? I don't need to reconnect the circuit where the battery was or anything? Coud the battery be the actual problem with the error 64?
Chris

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2023, 05:53:00 PM »
no, just remove it,  make sure it did not eat any of the traces around that area, very easy to see the damage, usually greenish/ blue on the leads, and after cleaning, you will see the actual trace gone,

Jim

Signature:

Offline Spindoctor

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2023, 03:02:26 PM »
So Jim, I assume the battery is the small black oblong thing connected by 2 longer leads. The circuits around it look ok. So can that battery be causing the error code? Just want to make sure before I take it out and haven't resolved my issue....

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2023, 05:17:41 PM »
Post a photo of the board with battery please.  :yes:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Spindoctor

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2023, 05:54:47 PM »
See attached pic and thx!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 08:14:37 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Spindoctor

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2023, 06:12:44 PM »
Is that better?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2023, 08:11:21 AM »
in your second set of pictures, second picture, to the right of the long white connector, right before the small white IC, there is an open space with three pads for soldering , that area is where the battery would have been, your battery has been removed, looks like some discoloration around that area! 

maybe someone with a working s plus Barcrest could offer some help as to what the bottom unit will do up to the point where it fails?
it is a regular s plus other than the board type, they use a 16 mhz  board for these games.,

Jim   

Signature:

Offline Spindoctor

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2023, 04:22:12 PM »
Thanks for all of your help Jim!

Offline Spindoctor

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2023, 04:36:09 PM »
Machine has worked great for a year. Recently error code 64 came up. I know that it means there is a comm error between the bottom and the bonus box. I have checked all connections top and bottom and reseated the top box. I have replaced the battery on the mother board in the bottom and the mpu4 board Varta battery has already been removed with no obvious leak damage to the board. I'm getting ready to give up unless you guys can think of anything else I can try. Thanks in advance.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2023, 05:28:05 PM »
When mine did that it was a plug on the power supply. Could be a bad comm. board just above the power supply
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Spindoctor

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2023, 09:40:31 PM »
Thanks! I assume you mean the power supply in the lower part of machine....what does this comm board look like? Is it the one with the green and red LED's??

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2023, 04:28:10 AM »
yes. Small maybe 3x3 from memory
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Spindoctor

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2023, 03:24:01 PM »
So that little box has a green and red LED and only the green comes on. I checked all of the connections around it and the power supply. still no luck,,,,,

Offline Spindoctor

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2023, 03:33:38 PM »
Jim,
Still can't get rid of the 64 error. I have done everything you told me to do with no luck. On the little box in the bottom with the green and red LED's, only the green ever lights up. I'm not sure if that means anything.
Thanks for any help!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2023, 09:41:36 PM »
Member Spindoctor:
Please don't start another topic for the same subject. It's disrespectful of all the other members that were and are trying to help you.
Your new topic was merged with the old one.
Please proceed from here.  :yes:
NLG ADMIN
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 09:45:29 AM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline ggodar

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • ggodar New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2023, 01:57:35 PM »
My Top Dollar did the same thing. I open the top box and hit the test button and went through all the test modes and the 64 code went away when I closed the bottom door. Playing fine now. Don’t know why but it’s working. Hopes this help. Worth a shot!

Gary

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal