New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 808W Wont pay lowest wins  (Read 516 times)

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • mwade109 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
Bally 808W Wont pay lowest wins
« on: November 07, 2023, 04:10:21 PM »
I had someone drop off this 808w for a power issue and low and behold, after getting power it has other issues, and I warned him of this.  After getting things unstuck and a quick cleaning of whatever contacts I could easily reach, the machine will not even attempt to pay out the single and double cherry wins.  I does pay out the three oranges win. Now I swear before cleaning and lubing it was paying these wins, not consistently accurate but it was paying them. The person don't want to put a lot of $$$ into it, just looking to get it semi working.  Any ideas what to look at?

mike

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 808W Wont pay lowest wins
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 06:20:57 PM »
When the cherries line up for a payout. Rock the reels up and down slightly.

Nudge the reels unit in out, left and right slightly right after a cherries line up to pay.

Check the payout step up unit on the left side of the hopper.
The contacts that slide over the the metal strips might be to dirty to make contact.

Also the beau-plug pins and receivers for the cherries could be pushed out of the plug itself.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 08:25:49 PM »
the schematic and other paperwork for the 808-W is the same as the 86.35% payback version of the 808-B (schem is w-1046-464). 

you can grab the paperwork from https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/ if you want to check circuits.

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 07:58:43 PM »
Thanks, cleaned off the hopper contacts a bit and the lower payouts are working, the machine is working pretty good but I hit the three bars and the jackpot bell went off and it started paying out and out and out, I had to keep reloading the coins back in, it seemed like it took about a hundred coins paid out on what should have been a 40 coin payout (I played two coins).  I was wondering if it was ever going to stop!

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2023, 10:04:50 PM »
the double pay is interesting.

the payout counter is mechanically stepped, meaning a coin exiting the hopper lifts a roller pivot arm that pushes down a link bar to move the step-up arm on the payout counter.

the wipers on the payout counter actually move when the link arm goes back up.

on the 808, there's a step-up coil on the payout counter, but it's job is not to electrically move the step-up arm.  Instead, it holds the step-up arm in the down position every other coin, so the payout counter only moves the wipers every two coins ejected.

the doubling circuits controlling the payout counter step-up coil are around N6 and F6 on the 808-B schematic.  The basic idea is:
- when 2 coins are played, the 2nd coin relay is powered
- coins ejecting from the hopper toggle the hopper microswitch at F8
- that pulses the double unit step up coil which moves the double unit wipers
- every other wiper position of the double unit (F3) holds the payout counter step-up coil powered

so make sure the double unit wipers are mechanically stepping ok, the contact plate is clean, then you need to see if the double unit is stepping every time a coin ejects.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2023, 10:47:17 AM »
With the door open you’ll be able to set up payouts on every spin for testing the 2nd coin.

Insert coins and prepare to stop the clock fan once it starts.
Pull the handle, stop the fan and set a winning combination with you right hand/fingers.
It’s a little awkward, but achievable.
Compare the lower pays to the bars as a starting point.

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 09:06:40 AM »
I think maybe there was not a problem with the top pay listed.  The top pay says 3x any bar = 20.  But, it seems that 3 bars (not any bars) pay out 50.  Could this just be a not listed payout? Seems to reason that three bars would pay more than 3 any bars.  Anyway,  the person picked up the machine, he was more interested in how the machine looked and wasn't as concerned on the accuracy of the payouts.  I seemed more concerned about it than he was.  Oh well.... thanks for all your help!  Like most machines... if nothing else, I walk away with a lot more knowledge about a machine than when I started.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2023, 04:37:42 PM »
Seems to have been a modification to the machine.
Glass says any bars, but the reels have multiple bars.
As long as it works and the owner is happy.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal