New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S PLUS slant top door optics bypass  (Read 390 times)

Offline newkid3

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
IGT S PLUS slant top door optics bypass
« on: December 28, 2023, 01:43:09 PM »
I have a IGT S PLUS slant top machine that I am wanting to bypass the door optics with a Cherry switch. There is a spot in the cabinet for a door Cherry switch but they did not use them for some reason. (See pic) left of the speaker. I am thinking maybe they were going to put a service light in these slant tops like the upright cabinets have but decided not to. I am wanting to find out what connectors I would need to get that will plug directly into the MPU side of the optic connectors. (See pic) it needs to plug into this so the Male side is what I need. Also where they can be purchased. I know the other end will have a female spade connector to hook to the Cherry switch. I can use any Cherry switch that will fit there 2 spade, 3 spade or 6 spade since the only thing being connected there is the optics. The reason I want to bypass the optics is on these slant tops the doors get out of alignment pretty bad and it is almost impossible to keep the optics aligned so you will not have errors from the optics losing sight of each other. I dont know it might be cheaper to have someone make these for me by the time I buy everything I need to make them. Like connectors, crimpers if you have to have a special one ect.    Thanks

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S PLUS slant top door optics bypass
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2023, 03:04:26 PM »
If you should decide to use the more common cherry switch with the 6 spades or tabs....three tabs on each side are separate from each other.
You would only need to use 3 tabs from one side of the six, and you would only be using two of the 3 tabs...the two outside ones.
The middle one is for a normally closed circuit...you'd be using the normally open tabs instead.
When the plunger is pushed in, it's the same as the door closed.

It's too bad you only pictured one of the two 2-pin harnesses that would go back to the MPU.
The other has the same female connector housing?
If so, they look like these in the links below.

If you can, get a rough measurement of how long you'd like the two harnesses to be.
These would run from each optic connector up to the cherry switch tab. 

Whatever measurment you get, try to make them one foot longer.
Any excess wiring can easily be folded, and neatly zip-tied up.

Click on links to see the connectors & male pins....>>>

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/538-03-06-2023

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/02-06-2103?qs=clwyIdmhKqXyNQ5%2Fp50i5g%3D%3D

« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 03:24:22 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline newkid3

• newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2023, 06:14:57 PM »
Here are pics of both connectors going back to MPU. The cabinet wire will have to be 12 inches and the door side will need to be 60 inches. I will probably use a standard Cherry switch like the upright cabinets have in them. Thanks

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2023, 06:49:54 PM »
Actually that is the exact size so a foot would need to be added to each one.

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2023, 07:51:20 PM »
Yeah...it'll be pretty simple to make.
Below, I've drawn a red arrow to the two tabs you'd use on a cherry switch.
You'd use the red wire w/blue stripe ( on the pointy side of the connector) going to one arrow.
On the other optic connector, you'd use the red wire w/white stripe (on the flat side of the connector) going to the other arrow.
Just skip the middle tab.

You could use the tabs on the other side, to turn on a Service lamp whenever the door is open, if you wanted.
It would turn off when the door was closed.

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2023, 07:37:00 AM »
You probably need to get a couple of Push-ON Disconnect terminals too.
They're color-coded....the blue ones would fit onto the Cherry switch tabs.

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2023, 09:35:22 AM »
Stayouttadabunker, do you make stuff like this for people or do you just do your own stuff? Thanks

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2023, 09:47:49 AM »
I can make it pretty easily.
I have all the connectors you would ever need for an S+....lol

PM me an address to mail it to and I'll make it for you if you want?
I'll only be able to mail it out next Tuesday morning tho....holidays are here.

Please show me a good picture of the switch tabs you have in your next Reply?
That way I can make sure I crimp on the correct Push-ON terminals onto the harnesses.
I'd hate to make something that doesn't fit yours.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2023, 10:13:49 AM »
I will be using a Cherry switch just like the one you have a picture of in your reply number 4.
I sent you a PM. Thanks

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2023, 10:28:54 AM »
okay...I think I have one laying around.
Let me know when you get it in with the harness.  :yes:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal