New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Game maker start switch not recognized  (Read 6237 times)

Offline gstanwood

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • gstanwood New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Game maker start switch not recognized
« on: November 13, 2014, 01:54:22 AM »
Get clear message press deal / Draw button not recognized by game will not select options or scroll just remains on clear screen
Any suggestions battery reads 3.7 volts Thanks  :applause:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 08:51:38 PM by gstanwood »

Offline gstanwood

• NLG
Re: Bally Game maker start switch not recognized
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 10:02:27 AM »
Anyone got a possible solution could it be the clear chip not reseting properly ?

Offline mantaramian

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • mantaramian New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 05:39:07 PM »
 WOW, everybody must be gone for the Holidays...... Since nobody has chimed in I will.... Will you please post a picture of the screen when you are trying to clear your game?

Offline gstanwood

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 08:55:00 PM »
added picture - in the interim I have checked switches and all are working as in switching but do not know if they are active ground  or what signal is the unit looking for from the start button?

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 10:13:48 PM »
So tell me if you are using the "DEAL/DRAW" button for the start button?

Offline gstanwood

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 12:27:08 AM »
Yes I am trying to use the draw /deal button but nothing  happens . I replaced the CPU board with another and the same thing occurs - same screen and will not accept a Deal/ Draw button selection I have checked the switches out with an ohm meter and they check out OK . I do not have a schematic drawing of the switches and do not know what signal is required for the CPU to react.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 10:41:43 AM »
I would check that wiring to the button itself. Even if it ohms out as a working switch, the wires may not be making contact to the connector that plugs to the bottom of the switch. If that doesn't do it, I'd trace the wires of that switch and make sure there aren't any breaks or disconnects along the way.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline ricker

• Reputation Power: 14
  • ricker New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 02:58:08 PM »
Hey hey,

I know this may sound simple, or nearing naïve!  When you get to the screen as pictured above, have you turned the jackpot key first?

Richard

Offline gstanwood

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 06:23:17 PM »
I would check that wiring to the button itself. Even if it ohms out as a working switch, the wires may not be making contact to the connector that plugs to the bottom of the switch. If that doesn't do it, I'd trace the wires of that switch and make sure there aren't any breaks or disconnects along the way.
Thanks I have traced wire back to back panel connector and there is continuity to the switch . ?What is the signal required- Ground? Cheers :agreepost:

Offline gstanwood

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 06:28:14 PM »
tried turning rest switch and not same problem

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 05:52:12 PM »
Thanks I have traced wire back to back panel connector and there is continuity to the switch . ?What is the signal required- Ground? Cheers :agreepost:

Let's go back to ricker's thought...
Check the wiring to the reset key switch itself and check that switch for continuity.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline gstanwood

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 01:24:12 AM »

Let's go back to ricker's thought...
Check the wiring to the reset key switch itself and check that switch for continuity.

used reset to clear program so it works also checked out for continuity
Thanks for your input does any one else have some suggestions
Thank you for your support
Cheers
Greg

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 06:17:23 PM »
Okay let's go back a bit... Make sure the chips are all seated properly, no bent legs, etc... Look through the entire MPU board...both boards. I realize you have tried with two boards but it doesn't hurt to rule them out. Also, make sure the MPU is firmly seated into the back panel connector.

Offline gstanwood

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 09:21:43 AM »
Ok problem was the connector on the back panel the pin for ground was not connecting cleaned pins recrimpped it got ground signal to switch panel all works now all reprogramming works . Thanks guys for the help learned a lot about the unit

Offline mantaramian

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 10:44:05 AM »
Now it's time to play.....  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 05:40:53 PM »
Ok problem was the connector on the back panel the pin for ground was not connecting cleaned pins recrimpped it got ground signal to switch panel all works now all reprogramming works . Thanks guys for the help learned a lot about the unit

Good to hear!  :applause:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal