New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Re-wiring / Fixing broken Door Optics (GameMagic)  (Read 2381 times)

Offline mrSidX

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • mrSidX New User has no influence.
Re-wiring / Fixing broken Door Optics (GameMagic)
« on: April 22, 2015, 06:40:57 PM »
Hey guys,

OK , I came with "Info-Ammo" for you guys, hopefully I can get this issue resolved once and for all.

I've been haggling with the door optics on this machine, with a Main Door open error. I just want to get this fixed or bypassed!

I attached some photos to let you guys see what I'm working with..

When I got the machine, the cabinet side door optic sensor was busted from it's leads and I couldn't reattach... I ordered a new piece that you see with the green, blue and yellow wires soldered with some tubing for insulation.

My spare part I matched with the same model of the broken one : GE L14G3 INFARED EMITTING LED TO-46 NOS!  that was purchased via ebay for $13! That was ordered before I discovered this site. I believe this is the appropriate datasheet for the broken sensor: http://www.datasheetarchive.com/dlmain/Databooks-3/Book517-26550.pdf

I do notice that the door side sensor had different parkings. LED55C

Personal note is that the door optics wiring, the 24V is constant, but the "ground" (black) is what causes the pulsing. Just found that out. You see this sensor and leads with the red and black wiring connected to it.  I also I included the general door side optic wiring and connectors disconnected.

When the machine was on and fully booted, I took my old bloggie camera (without IR filter) to shine on the door side sensor, but did not see any significant "light"

There is a picture of the PC side wiring (orange and black wires) that connected to the old sensor. I cannot for the life of me figure out how it goes, and my logic with these phototransistors isn't up to par, so I am totally up for a learning course! Which I've been grinding through with this machine, definitely.

There is also a picture of the board, which looks fairly clean. I hope it's not that.

Thanks a billy for any help guys...

Offline mrSidX

Re: Re-wiring / Fixing broken Door Optics (GameMagic)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 06:44:45 PM »
I am on to something here lol...

The 55C is an Emmiter, and the L14G3 is a Detector, so the pulse light from the 24V 55C triggers the detector, which sends the pulse to the PC??

Ok, but now I need to figure the proper wiring, as nothing's worked for me yet.  :applause: Good times!

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 07:15:53 PM »
I'm not sure that there is a bypass for the door optics on a Bally as it's never come up before that I'm aware of. Use your cell phone camera to check the emitter and if it's good then replace the receiver and see what you get.

Also, check to make sure the two are aligning correctly when the door latch is set

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 07:17:52 PM »
By the way, I pruned and moved your origional post on this
Let's try and not start multiple posts on the same question ok? Thanks for your understanding...

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 07:47:06 PM »
Thank you, sorry bout that.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal