New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Thunderbird Wizard Poker Machine  (Read 3791 times)

Offline muddyflauge

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • muddyflauge New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Thunderbird Wizard Poker Machine
« on: August 18, 2015, 02:08:34 PM »
Hello All, This is my first post, I just purchased a Thunderbird Gaming Corp. Wizard video poker machine, the guy I purchased it from, told me a jackpot had been hit and he was not able to rest it, so he wanted it gone. The Call Attendant light is on and won't reset. The machine powers up, the monitor comes on shows how many credits are left, max bet of 50 blinks on the screen, a poker hand is displayed but can't get anything to work. There are no error or messaged displayed.  I push the test button and the main menu appears, I am able to open up all menu options. There is 1 door plunger switch on the main door and 1 on the login door, they both work. There is a BV which works also. There is a ticket printer which works, but no coin hopper. There are 2 key switches on the right side cabinet, the top switch when operated brings up the main menu but not all menu options open up, the bottom switch I believe is the jackpot rest switch. There is a 3.6 volt battery which I tested good. I have tried to find a manual or information on this machine but nothing.  Model # W13-P-PR,  Serial # 961522      Hope someone here can help me get this machine going.      Thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Thunderbird Wizard Poker Machine
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 02:52:27 PM »
You mentioned the jackpot reset switch but did not specifically say if you had tried turning it or not. Many machines will lockup when a jackpot of a certain size is hit, it is waiting for the attendant to do a hand-pay of the jackpot. Then the attendant resets the machine with the jackpot reset switch.

If you have tried the reset switch and it doesn't do anything you might open the main door and look inside. Find the jackpot reset switch terminals and make sure it still has the wires attached to it.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline muddyflauge

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 06:25:12 PM »
rokgpsman, thanks for the reply. Yes I did try the reset switch, but no luck. I pulled the switch and checked it for continuity, it is good. Since I had the switch out, I crossed the wires and still nothing.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 07:04:41 PM »
Was there anything in the menu screens when you pressed the test button that would reset the machine? I'm not familiar with this model, and wasn't able to find a manual for it when I searched. Perhaps someone here will know about it or have some advice that will help.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 11:02:39 AM »
Did you have the door closed when you tried the jackpot reset?

Offline muddyflauge

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 03:01:54 PM »
rokgpsman,  There is nothing in the menu screen that will reset the machine. Everything appears to work properly when I am in the main menu, as soon as I exit it goes to a game screen and the Call Attendant, Deal, and Bet lights are lit up and max bet flashes on the monitor, I would not have thought it to be this complicated to fix this problem. Is there any other way to rest this machine?

Sunrise Side, yes I tried resetting it with  the door closed and opened, but no luck.  I don't know exactly what the person had done to it that I purchased it from, could it be possible he locked it up and now it needs completely rebooted?

I appreciate all the comments and ideas that you all have.   Thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 04:28:26 PM »
I wish I was familiar with this machine, since I can't find a manual on it I don't any ideas of what to try next. I was hoping that you'd see something in the settings screens like a "restore to factory defaults" option. If there are no error messages or fault codes listed on the screen other than "Call Attendant" I'm not sure what the actual problem is.

Since you said that the guy you got it from had told you the machine did this after it hit for a jackpot (or a winning hand, looks like a 2 pair winner on the screen, which isn't exactly a jackpot) it seemed like it was just a matter of turning the jackpot reset switch. Any chance the wires connected to the reset switch are disconnected at the other end, where they connect to the mpu or motherboard?  Or is it maybe trying to pay the winning hand from the hopper and the hopper is empty, the Call Attendant message is for a hopper fill?

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 05:57:43 PM »
There is jumper marked "JP1".
Have you tried jumping it before turning it on.

The MPU is marked
 "Pars Electronics Inc. "
"Pars Gaming International"
and I found this on the Internet .

http://parsgames.net

PARS ELECTRONICS, INC. - GOLDEN TOUCH - 2719 ...
www.trademarkia.com/map/golden-touch-74272207.htm
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:30:13 PM by Proten »
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline muddyflauge

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 06:58:11 AM »
rokgpsman,  there is a test menu where I am able to test lights and switches and when I test the reset switch it highlights so I believe it is functioning properly.  This machine doesn't have a hopper it just prints out a ticket, the printer works fine.

Proten, I am not a very savvy electronics tech, just know little enough to be dangerous. So when you ask if I have tried jumping the JP1 jumper, do you mean cross the 2 posts and leave them attached while I power up the game ?     

I am most grateful for all the help. Thank You ALL

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 07:16:45 AM »
Yes, the jp pins on the MPU are the jumpers that are shorted together.
Most are the same as the old hard drive configuring pin jumpers or the Bally jumpers.

I would connect the pins then boot the machine, or you can do the same as the Bally
and boot the machine while holding the test button in.
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline SlotMechanic

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • SlotMechanic New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 10:03:25 AM »
In his pics, it looks like JP1 has three jumpers on it and the middle one is currently jumped.....maybe that just sets the jackpot amount?

Offline SlotMechanic

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • SlotMechanic New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 10:08:46 AM »
Ahh, I see on the main board in the corner theres another jp1....whats the one on the other board for.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 11:01:37 AM »
The other board has a chip labeled
"DISP. Ctrl" so I would think its
for the video display.
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal