New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: s+ machine with no sound  (Read 8947 times)

Offline clizifer

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • clizifer Is looked down upon.
s+ machine with no sound
« on: March 27, 2014, 12:51:36 PM »
i have an igt s+ "chaos" machine ive just got working. the machine works fine but im unable to get the sounds to work on it. it has a 10mhz main board and i tried switching the dip switch settings and playing with the volume level and still nothing. i beleive there is a setting in the settings menus, but again it wont allow me access to it. im curious if there is anyway to get the sounds to work or could my speaker be dead?

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: s+ machine with no sound
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 12:55:58 PM »
If you have the 10 MHz board the little blue wheel adjusts the volume. It may need to be sprayed with some contact cleaner. I have one that had sound then went away then came back very low. After cleaning it worked great.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline clizifer

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 01:03:10 PM »
ive tried adjusting the blue wheel either way and still no sounds. my other machines make sounds when the coin drops in and when the reels stop but they are using the 16mhz boards. i can even hear static noise out of those ones. no static noise on my chaos machine tho. any other ideas??

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 03:53:13 PM »
I think I remember reading 10 MHz do not have the static. There are settings in the options for different sounds. Check the old site for SP chip settings. Someone posted a whole bunch of SP #'s and settings. I was pretty sure about just cleaning the volume pod with contact cleaner. Before you can change any settings you must have zero credits on machine.

the rockin elvis

Offline clizifer

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 04:32:15 PM »
i tried doing the sounds test in the settings thing, "50" in the winner paid window and then turn the jackpot ket and press the spin button. when i turn the jackpot ket the number counts up, but when i press the spin button i dont hear anything. im going to try with a known working speaker i guess and go from there. what else could i try changing??

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 04:39:27 PM »
Are you sure it is a 50. I would have thought it to be a lower number example like something -0 for off or -1 for ding or -2 for click or something to that effect. Like for having the hopper pay all wins or going to credits. It's the first # with 0, 1, or 2 in next window. I have not change a S+ in a while and am not at my shop to find notes.

the rockin elvis

Offline clizifer

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 06:36:55 PM »
your right, but that is to be able to toggle the sound on or off. the 50 menu is for testing the sounds themselves. i tried it on another machine and the sound test works. im thinking at this point its either the speaker is dead or its something within the board itself. there doesnt seem to be any where to toggle the sounds on and off on in the seetings for this board. i believe its only the dipswitches which i have the sound turned on

Offline clizifer

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 06:44:22 PM »
just tested a working speaker and still no luck. im thinking an issue with the board or one of the chips at this point. any ideas??

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 07:57:52 PM »
Your volume pot may have given out...or, like you said, a component on the board failed. Either way, you may be looking for a new board if sound is critical to you. I'm sorry for your loss....
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline clizifer

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 08:40:35 PM »
lol ok well i have another board here that has an issue with the middle reel, but i beleive the sound worked on it. what components on the board would i be looking to change?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 08:42:15 PM »
On the reels or the sound???
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline clizifer

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 08:45:33 PM »
im thinking for the working board with sound issues. that would be the more logical one to fix

Offline RILaw

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • RILaw New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 09:40:39 PM »
Have you tested the volume pot resistance with a Dmm?  Like mentioned before, it may be a bad pot.  Are you sure the "good" speaker is good?  I had one with no sound and it was the speaker and another that was the pot.

Offline clizifer

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 09:44:12 PM »
im sure the speaker I tried was good, it came out of a working machine. the pot on the other hand im unsure of, what resistance should I be measuring on the pot?

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 10:08:04 PM »
Lowest scale -look at the changes.  Look for a "void" in ohm readings-indicates a dead spot.  Best way to test these pots is dead-no pwr.  They can be checked pwr'd up but would not be reccomend  as You prob. do not have the equipment.  These pots are old tech. that are even used to this day in div. aspects.  Inside this is a arm that has contacts that sweeps/moves on a contact board-very simluar to what a way a fuel sending unit works in any vehicle etc.  Board works fine-No sound.  There was some old japanese secret also about jumping these to rule out or validate the pot also. 

Offline clizifer

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 10:13:41 PM »
ok, thanks. I will check it out tomorrow and post the results

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 10:42:53 PM »
Rather than dicking around with the sound tests, just use the pseudo-coin button on the bottom of the coin-in optics (the tiny white button) -- the machine should "ding" every time you press that.  Try wiggling the blue volume knob back and forth as you press the coin button to see if you get anything.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 09:35:34 AM »
look around the area to the left of the volume pot. there should be an electrolytic cap, 470/35, this could be damaged, or not even there. its the largest cap in and around that area.  I have seen it get damaged to the point where the can will come off the assembly.  Alot of the time it is just defective.  this cap is the last coupling device between the sound output of the circuit and the speaker.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline clizifer

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2014, 09:52:35 AM »
all the capacitors look good, im thinking it might be the volume pot at this point. the wheel on the pot spins quite freely as my other one feels like it has more resistance to the spin. I will try changing them later today and see if that solves the issue. thanks for the input tho

Offline clizifer

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2014, 01:45:56 PM »
i tried replacing the volume control and the capacitor and still no sounds :( not sure what else to try

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal