New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Newbie - - 1st Slot Purchase - Question about Premium Sound  (Read 16504 times)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Newbie - - 1st Slot Purchase - Question about Premium Sound
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 08:24:12 PM »
The  simm dsv00013 is for three reel, one line triple lucky 7 as you have read. It is not compatible with a triple diamond like yours. The only one that might work is the dsv00042. It may not work but it will not give you the incompatible error if it does not.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 08:27:11 PM »
That CPU is going to give you problems, if you add the simm card you will hear static through the speakers, plus it has been repaired before. I would purchase a 504B CPU if you are going to use the Enhanced sound simm, regardless I would find a spare CPU by the shape of that one

Offline kolby2004

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • kolby2004 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 08:59:50 PM »
That CPU is going to give you problems, if you add the simm card you will hear static through the speakers, plus it has been repaired before. I would purchase a 504B CPU if you are going to use the Enhanced sound simm, regardless I would find a spare CPU by the shape of that one

I am a little unhappy to hear that you think my board has been repaired and is not in good shape.  Considering that I just purchased this machine completely refurbished from slotmachinesunlimited.com for quite a bit of Cash!  The mainboard I received with the machine did not work....  The replacement they sent me is attached.  I moved the heatsink for the transistor from the old board, and also Resoldered the battery.  Other than I see they have removed the Green battery, which seems to be a common mod, so i have read, on here... What else does not seem right on it?  My question is why does this board have the little jumper wires, soldered to the right of where the sound board attaches (Where is says Reel 1-5).....  the 1st board I got with the machine, did not have that.

I just purchased this machine, I would hope I wouldnt already have to purchase a new mainboard.  But I did hear the scratchy static sounds when I had that Simm installed, but I figured it was b/c it was not the right simm, and b/c I was getting that error.  So you think it will still sound crappy, if I do get DSV00042 to work?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 09:18:16 PM »
There are some good discussions in the S2000 forum (this forum) "sticky notes" at the top of the message threads about sound, simms, and static in the speakers. The sticky notes are considered information that all S2000 owners would likely benefit from so they are made permanent at the top of the forum discussion thread list. You can recognize a sticky note by the distinctive background color, sort of a light brown or apricot color:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=81.0

Here's a couple of them:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=328.0

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=324.0
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 09:46:19 PM »
Thanks for all the info...
 So, as I'm researching and learning. I'm a little upset that the original mainboard that was sent with my chance was a 504b.  But it was a DOA board.  So the replacement board was not a 504b, it's one of the other 50x boards... should I be upset about this?   Also, the sound board they sent me, came with a simm that is not compatible.  I'm starting to wonder if I should ask them to send me a 504b like it originally had and send me a 00042 Sim for the sound. Otherwise I'm looking at what, 80 dollars for a 504b and the sound simm....  :Scratch-Head:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2016, 09:52:08 PM »
You can give them a call and politely ask about it, tell them your concern about the static that your mpu board and others with the same part number are known to have and that you'd prefer if they replaced your original 504 mpu with another 504 instead of the one you got. It's just a phone call, they took care of you before so it's a possibility. And the sound simm they sent you is not for your machine's game, would have been nice if they'd sent a compatible one, if there is one.

But there are probably lots of S2000 owners that have the same board you have now and they are playing the game happily. Unless I am getting mixed up, there is a mod to add a resistor inline with the speaker wires to reduce the static level, the resistor is cheap and is said to help with the problem. If you are stuck with this mpu you can always try that to see how it goes.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2016, 06:50:06 AM »
Well - for now I am going to wait on changing out my Main board.  I talked with Andy at Slot Machines Unlimited.  He agreed that I need DSV00042 for my machine and he is going to send it to me.  I will touch base with you all once I get it! Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate everyone on this forum for helping me learn about my S2000!  :thank_you:

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2016, 06:56:12 AM »
Those green jumper wires were put there by IGT in a failed attempt to cure the speaker static problem when a multimedia board is installed to use a sound simm. That's a factory modification and the key here is FAILED attempt

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2016, 07:01:55 AM »
Those green jumper wires were put there by IGT in a failed attempt to cure the speaker static problem when a multimedia board is installed to use a sound simm. That's a factory modification and the key here is FAILED attempt

Good to know! - So I am hoping, If I have the static after putting in my new simm, that there is a modification I can make to reduce it.  I have not dug into the forum yet tho.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2016, 07:17:44 AM »
I used 10 ohm resistors on both + and - leads to each of the 3 speakers, worked really well

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2016, 07:26:55 AM »
As a side note, your origional board wasn't a 504B as evidenced by the white memory expansion port plugs on either side of your ram chips. That was likely retagged 504B after the jumpers were installed, which didn't work. An origional 504B has black memory expansion port plugs. If you're willing to spend the money an upgrade to a 1270 MPU, motherboard and legacy adapter board is an excellent option

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2016, 07:39:08 AM »
As a side note, your origional board wasn't a 504B as evidenced by the white memory expansion port plugs on either side of your ram chips. That was likely retagged 504B after the jumpers were installed, which didn't work. An origional 504B has black memory expansion port plugs. If you're willing to spend the money an upgrade to a 1270 MPU, motherboard and legacy adapter board is an excellent option

Here is my original board that was DOA, I dont think that I had a pic of it on this post.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2016, 11:14:51 AM »
Yep, that's 504B

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2016, 02:10:22 PM »
Yep, that's 504B

Well that is the board that came with my machine when I got it from SlotMachinesUnlimited.  However, the problem with the board was the battery was low.   They sent me a new battery.  I soldered it on and it instantly dropped a whole volt when I soldered it.  So that is why they sent me out a replacement board, which happened to NOT be a 405b.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2016, 08:24:33 PM »
On that first mpu board that is a 504B, the one that came originally with the machine, did you have to return it? If not, since it is the model of mpu that you'd prefer to have, any chance you can inspect the area where you soldered in the new battery, look for possible solder short, solder splashes, too much solder, battery installed backwards, etc,  any goofs that maybe caused the battery voltage to suddenly drop? I'd go over that board very carefully, looking for something amiss. And it could be that the battery they sent you was old stock, maybe as soon as it was connected it dropped a volt or so. I don't think I'd give up on that mpu until changing the battery again with a known good one. If the board was working ok at one time back when they had it in the machine originally then there's a chance that replacing the battery was what introduced the battery losing voltage problem you saw, either due to the replacement battery not being a fresh new one, or a mistake in its installation. No offense meant, just an idea.

If you can get that original mpu board to run you'd have less static in the sound from speakers, plus you'd have a spare mpu.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2016, 08:34:40 PM »

Does the factory mod of installing those jumper wires reduce the speaker static at all? I understand it did not eliminate it, just wondering if it helped somewhat. You'd think they would have tested the mod before releasing it and installing it in many boards. Maybe they considered it a partial fix, and also advised setting the volume to a slightly lower level to further lower the static?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2016, 08:56:24 PM »
On the boards I had it seemed to be a complete failure as far as static went. The 10 ohm resistor thing worked perfect

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2016, 09:46:36 PM »
There are probably several ways to approach a fix for the noise.

I think IDESIGN came up with this one and we have used it for a long time without problems using 47 ohm 1/2W 5% resistors. Place one resistor on each of the white wires in the wire harness in the upper box. Picture attached.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 06:47:37 AM by Ohio Gaming »

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2016, 11:24:13 PM »
Get a 504B MPU.  No static will play in the speakers.  Remove the green Varta battery to prevent future damage from acid leakage.  That battery is not needed on that board. 

You already have an MMLB sound board...DSV00013 won't work.  Get a DSV00042 and set your sound options to "Preferred". 

Once done, you'll have this:

<a href="http://youtu.be/TLAD1zdlp8Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/TLAD1zdlp8Y</a>

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2016, 01:26:00 AM »
First of all... thanks for all of the comments.  2nd....  I did send the original 504b they sent me back to them.  They are now sending my the DVS00042 and I will send the DVS00013 back to them as well.  With that said, at this point, I don't feel like asking them for another 504b unless I have too much static. Either I will try to fix that with a resistor or 10k pot.  Or ask Andy to send me another 504b.  I dont know if they will.  I feel like i have bothered them enough for now.  Thanks everyone for the tips and ideas on how I can reduce the static.  I'll let you all know how it sounds with the DVS00042 installed when I get it.  :thank_you:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal