New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 coin in sequence error and coin diverter always energized  (Read 10325 times)

Offline Catalinafan

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Catalinafan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hi I have recently installed a 25 cent coin kit into s200
I have thouroughly cleaned all optics and comparitor. But I'm repeatedly receiving an error. Call attendant coin in sequence.  I get this message approx. every 30-50 coins inserted. When the error occurs it lets the coin go through to hopper without adding it to credits.  I then must open door and clear before continuing. I have checked all limits and adjusted the potentiometer on comparitor to maximum -side.  I rarely get a coin rejected to tray they seem to nearly always go to hopper. 

2  I also have noticed that the coin diverter is staying energized continuously so when it's plugged in all coins go to drop box. 
I have searched for solution and seen just a few suggestions such as io board to hopper limits as well as just leaving it unplugged.  We'll that doesn't help the coin in sequence error
Here is a snap of error. This happened when inserting 3 coins. 2 were accepted and one gave error. And all 3 coins went to hopper
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Take it all I've had too much for too long
(Al Bundy)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: S2000 coin in sequence error and coin diverter always energized
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 07:46:21 AM »
When you installed the 25 cent coin kit does that mean the machine was previously setup for a larger coin like a dollar? If so the coin optic boards may have a coin guide sized for a larger coin and the quarter is not consistently passing thru the optic sensor beams. Sometimes there is a plastic coin guide between the coin optic boards to shift the coin over to the proper area. Did the 25 cent kit have a coin guide for you to install, or did you maybe see one between the coin optic boards that can be moved?

On the coin diverter, is your hopper loaded with enough coins that the hopper full switch or probe has activated, telling the mpu to send all inserted coins to the drop box?

EDIT: I saw in another S2000 discussion thread that you were adding a coin kit to a coinless machine. So I'd modify my suggestion above to say you may need to add a coin guide between the coin optic boards if there isn't one there. And since this was previously a coinless machine your hopper or other coin settings may not be configured correctly and that's sending all the coins to the overflow drop box.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 08:02:45 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Catalinafan

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 08:01:30 AM »
Sorry to verify
Machine was coinless when purchased   The mount bracket came separate from comparitor (2packages). So yes it could be possible to have optics for larger denom
I don't remember seeing any type of guide in the optics I'll have to double check that when I get home
(Al Bundy)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 08:08:27 AM »
See this thread that talks about the coin guide or spacer, not sure if that is your problem but something to check. It is about a different model of machine but the principle is the same:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=11288.msg60943#msg60943
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Catalinafan

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 08:30:06 AM »
Thanks I'll check that out
I'm assuming the coin diverter is a separate issue
(Al Bundy)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 08:33:11 AM »
Thanks I'll check that out
I'm assuming the coin diverter is a separate issue

I agree, the diverter is probably being controlled by a setting that needs to be changed now that you've added coin capability. Did you have to add a hopper also?

Offline Catalinafan

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 08:35:31 AM »
Yes correct
Hopper,comparitor and bracket,optics and wiring harness
(Al Bundy)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 08:59:32 AM »
You might want to look over the hopper, on the front side facing you when you open the machine door. The hopper sometimes has either a weight switch near the bottom or a metal probe that extends into the hopper bowl. They both detect when the hopper bowl is full, both can be adjusted. If the hopper is telling the mpu that the hopper is full then the mpu activates the coin diverter.

Offline Catalinafan

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 09:02:34 AM »
Yes mine has the probe   Kinda confusing that it stays energized with or without hopper installed
(Al Bundy)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 09:14:53 AM »
Yes mine has the probe   Kinda confusing that it stays energized with or without hopper installed

That makes me think it is a setting that was set for coinless operation. Have you checked the various hopper settings, and the machine coin denomination settings?

Offline Catalinafan

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 09:30:03 AM »
Yes not sure there set correct ill post settings when I get home.  Just need the limits?
(Al Bundy)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 09:32:57 AM »
Not sure. This How-To thread may be helpful, as you read thru it you'll get an idea of the setup basics, maybe it is just one setting on your machine that needs to be changed:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=320.msg912#msg912

Offline Catalinafan

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 09:34:29 AM »
Great thank you I'll check it out
(Al Bundy)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 12:45:03 PM »
The probe on the hopper you're refering to is just a brass stud with a wire connected and there should be 2. One low on the side of the hopper and another in a choice of holes further up. When coins fill the hopper enough to complete a connection between the 2 studs it signals the machine to open the diverter. There's options for how high the upper stud can be set to accomodate different coin sizes and different desired levels for roughly how many coins will constitute a "full" hopper. In most cars where there's a problem with that circuit, people just stuff something behind the diverter to keep all coins going to the hopper

Offline Catalinafan

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 06:40:54 AM »
Just noticed i double posted this help request.  Sorry for any confusion
So onto diverter issue
To start the diverter is energized as soon as the power is turned on. Same with/without hopper same with/without mpu installed

Heres some of my settings. Maybe someone will see something i missed
3.1 machine options
  3.1.1 credit options. = credit mode

3.1.4 limits
   Hopper 4,000
   Credit.  4,000
   Jackpot. 100000
   Bill.    3,000
3.1.11 split pay
   3.1.11.1 enable/ disable. = enabled

7.1 key chip
  7.1.1 denomination
  7.1.1.1 accounting denomination  = $0.25
  7.1.1.2 coin denomination = $0.25
  7.1.1.3 player denomination = player denom 1. $0.25

7.1.2 game selection = game #1
7.1.3 bonus menu = disabled
7.1.5 cashless controller = disabled
7.1.7 tokenization
  7.1.7.2 token payout = partial token payout = enabled
7.1.10 options
  7.1.10.2 coin in option = coin to game and credit

7.2 key chip 2
 7.2.1 validation
 7.2.1.1 validation type = sas validation type : standard mode
 7.2.1.2 validation security = disabled
 7.2.1.3 validation controls
   7.2.1.3.1 view validation controls = use printer as cashout device : allowed
  7.2.1.4 handpay validation = handpay validation: validate and print handpay receipt

7.2.5 coinless mode = disabled

I skipped whatever i thought to be unrelated to diverter. If theres anything i need to add. Please let me know
(Al Bundy)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 07:20:14 AM »
Did you select your desired payback percent in menu 7? And have you confirmed positioning of the 2 hopper level control contact studs?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 07:50:31 AM »
If you unplug the diverter solenoid do coins still miss the hopper? Have you confirmed that the diverter mechanical system operates freely?
You converted this to coins did you also install a coin chute? (See picture) if no chute (the metal triangle below the comparitor) that is your problem.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Catalinafan

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 07:58:05 AM »
Yes correct unplugged diverter = coins to chute and to the best of my knowledge all chutes ald guides are in place and working correctly
I am completely confused about diverter energizing on power up even without mpu
I have discovered if i unplug the io controller between belly glass and inner door panel and power on then the diverter is not energized.  Of course cant operate machine without io board but just another puzzle piece
(Al Bundy)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2016, 08:01:48 AM »
If you unplug the solenoid the problem should go away or are you then getting an error message. (If so what does it say?)
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2016, 10:02:28 AM »
Yes correct unplugged diverter = coins to chute and to the best of my knowledge all chutes ald guides are in place and working correctly
I am completely confused about diverter energizing on power up even without mpu
I have discovered if i unplug the io controller between belly glass and inner door panel and power on then the diverter is not energized.
Of course cant operate machine without io board but just another puzzle piece

This could mean there is possibly a problem with the I/O board. You could replace it, or maybe repair it by replacing the electronic part (transistor/ic/whatever) that controls the diverter. But for now, as an easier solution mentioned by others, you can unplug the diverter solenoid (or otherwise force the diverter into the hopper position). Then if you see an I/O board for sale for an acceptable/reasonable price you could replace it to see if that fixes the problem. I'd write down the part number of the I/O board and shop around, see what they sell for.

Unless you plan to operate the machine with a nearly full hopper of coins and there is a chance the hopper could overflow when more player coins are inserted then the diverter being inop won't matter. I know that we'd like our machines to be working 100% but for practical purposes your diverter may never be needed.

If when you get another S2000 machine troubleshooting problems will be easier since you will have the ability to switch some parts around from the other machine to figure out what is bad.   :garfield:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:24:36 AM by rokgpsman »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal