New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 coin in sequence error and coin diverter always energized  (Read 2912 times)

Offline Catalinafan

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Catalinafan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hi I have recently installed a 25 cent coin kit into s200
I have thouroughly cleaned all optics and comparitor. But I'm repeatedly receiving an error. Call attendant coin in sequence.  I get this message approx. every 30-50 coins inserted. When the error occurs it lets the coin go through to hopper without adding it to credits.  I then must open door and clear before continuing. I have checked all limits and adjusted the potentiometer on comparitor to maximum -side.  I rarely get a coin rejected to tray they seem to nearly always go to hopper. 

2  I also have noticed that the coin diverter is staying energized continuously so when it's plugged in all coins go to drop box. 
I have searched for solution and seen just a few suggestions such as io board to hopper limits as well as just leaving it unplugged.  We'll that doesn't help the coin in sequence error
Here is a snap of error. This happened when inserting 3 coins. 2 were accepted and one gave error. And all 3 coins went to hopper
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Take it all I've had too much for too long
(Al Bundy)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 coin in sequence error and coin diverter always energized
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 08:25:36 AM »
Most likely you have a dollar coin spacer at the bottom of the comparator. This would explain why the optics sometimes miss a coin. Take apart the sandwich of coin optics below the coin comparator and look at the plastic spacer. It should guide the quarter to pass in front of the three holes for the optic reader. Even a .50 cent spacer will usually work. Dollar spacers cause errors see pictures.
As you can see the dollar spacer could allow the coin to go by missing the optics.
Note: the ribbon cable on the coin optics are usually brittle be careful.
Top picture is a quarter with a .50 spacer showing it will cover the optics.
Bottom picture compairs .50 and dollar spacer showing coin could get by missing optics
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Catalinafan

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 08:33:27 AM »
Great pics rich  helps a dummy like me understand clearly. And that makes perfect sence as the comparitor is accepting coins then error after exiting
(Al Bundy)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 08:39:26 AM »
No dummies, just learning, we will have you an expert in no time.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Catalinafan

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 04:38:23 PM »
Correct again i see nothing to guide coin through optics so it just bounces as it will. Ill jerryrig a guide ang get one ordered
Ill post results
Thanks everyone
(Al Bundy)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 05:07:50 PM »
Sometimes you can cut a piece of firm foam or other material that is not conductive and use it to block off the area you don't want the coin to go. Might work until you can get the correct spacer.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Catalinafan

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 05:53:45 PM »
Cant say thanks enough to all 
Guide was definately the issue. Ill find one and get it ordered
1,200 coins dropped through as rapidly as possible and only 2 miscounted (went to hopper without being credited) and 1 single error. 
I can live with that.   I made (cobbled)a  guide from a pipe hanger for temp use brothers a plumber   Got a bunch of these.  Go ahead and laugh.   I did.   Its ugly but works very well
Ill work on diverter issue now and i should be all buttoned up.
Thanks again
(Al Bundy)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 06:09:25 PM »
Hey - it works, and it proves that was the problem.  :cool_thumb_up:

You'll probably be getting requests from people that want to order some of them. :garfield:

So, how long does it take to insert 1,200 coins? 
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Catalinafan

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 06:14:09 PM »
Lol not playing   Got it set for coins to credits.  So just feed them as fast as can
Or do i have a horrible gambling problem :24:
(Al Bundy)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal