New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: My First Alpha  (Read 19700 times)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: My First Alpha
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 09:11:29 AM »
A couple of questions.  Do the Game CF's require specific OS's like they do in the WMS platform, or is it basically Bios/OS/Clear requirement and then the OS runs any game CF card.  I bought a 1Gig CPU and was wondering if I can use it with the current software I have.  The current game I have is using the 317 bios.

Also during setup, I scrolled through the list of printers in the 317 bios, and the Ithaca 750, 850 and 950 were an option along with the PST-66.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 12:28:09 PM »
I don't know the answer to your game CF question. Im betting maybe Neonkiss or Blueridge know this answer...Maybe we can get them to chime in here (pardon me if I forgot one of you Alpha guys, those 2 just came to mind first).

On the printer, and I very well MAY have dreamed this, as its been awhile since we've been on Alphas, but I thought you needed to select PST-66 when using a Gen2??? I will check and see of I have a note somewhere.

Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 12:46:38 PM »
A couple of questions.  Do the Game CF's require specific OS's like they do in the WMS platform, or is it basically Bios/OS/Clear requirement and then the OS runs any game CF card.  I bought a 1Gig CPU and was wondering if I can use it with the current software I have.  The current game I have is using the 317 bios.

Here is my setup. I have a M9000 with an upgraded 1GB MPU. I have a 2012 OS and a BIOS that fits in the MPU. I can play all my games (Emerald Falls, Mustang, Golden Reef, Hot Shot 15 Reels..classsics like American Original, Power Strike, Hot Shot Prog original, ect). I think if you have the newest ones of the OS and Bios, everything will work unless it needs to look for additional accessories. For shots and giggles I got a Quick Hit Diamond (V32) and tried to load it and it asks for a NVIDA card. Game Maker HD wants the stupid USB button deck. So you just have to watch out for things like that.

Also, in my copy of Emerald Falls if I go into GAME DIAG I have the option to test the Super Candle and Side Treatment (its grey out tho). Isn't that an Alpha 2 only option? The reason I ask is that Mustang and Golden Reef does not have those options. Maybe this is for another topic.
-------
Charles

Offline BettorSlots

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...
    • Bettor Slots
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 01:09:43 PM »
I've never had a problem setting up any printer type on a Alpha other than the 850's.  The Gen2's have proven to be the most reliable and yes they use the PST-66 setting.  In general, most games will run on any OS.  What is important is that your version of OS is a matching set to the BIOS chip. 

My opinion is that there is no advantage to the newer (2008+) OS setups or the 1 GIG boards, in fact just the opposite.  The newer OS takes twice as long to boot and the menu setup after a clear is more complicated, especially when it comes to internal progressive setup.  The game plays the same on both new and old versions.  In fact recently I ran into a case where an older version of OS gave me a unique "bounce" feature on the mechanical reels of a Hot Shots, where as it lost it with a newer version of OS.  The 1 GIG boards eat batteries for lunch.  I would guess a new battery will be done in 3 to 6 months if the machine is mostly turned off.  There are really only a handful of the video M9000 games and some of the mechanical reel Cash Wheels that require the 1 GIG.  Bottom line, if your game does not require a 1 GIG I would use a 256 or 512 instead with 2006 OS.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 01:50:33 PM »
TO each his own Jim  :Tongue_Out:

I prefer newer Alpha games that do require a 1GH MPU. As far as menu setup, I see no difference in setting up progressives, game setups, ect. Am I missing something?

I like to think that I can run anything up until the heavy Alpha 2 games. I am actually going to upgrade my Ultimate Party Spin machine to a 1GB MPU very soon. When you load in later Alpha video game, it will stop the reels instead of having to disconnecting them.

This is just my preference. Everyone is different!

Help me find a printer KIT so I can get another TITO!

Charles
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 02:20:49 PM »
Coolwave, is your M9000 a dual screen setup or just LCD on Door and glass on top?  If you have an LCD on top is it also a touchscreen?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 02:29:13 PM »
Coolwave, is your M9000 a dual screen setup or just LCD on Door and glass on top?  If you have an LCD on top is it also a touchscreen?

Heh. My M9000 is a single Monitor (Square 19 inch) and glass on top. Yes, I can run widescreen games on it with the image being squashed. Some games look better than others until I decide to convert it to a widescreen setup. The only problem I have with the widescreen setup on this cabinet is that the Speaker Grill looks ugly!

Here is a pic of it running a 1GB MPU
-------
Charles

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 02:37:23 PM »
Here is a video title on my mechanical machine.

FYI Hot Shot 15 Reel runs super smooth on my other machine with a 1GB MPU where it kind of struggles on the 512 MPU, even worse on the old 256 I used to have.
-------
Charles

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 02:46:36 PM »

Also during setup, I scrolled through the list of printers in the 317 bios, and the Ithaca 750, 850 and 950 were an option along with the PST-66.
Printer for the Alpha Gen 2 (Model PSA-66-ST2)
Hold the feed button and apply power to the printer and it will print a ticket with the version of firmware and communication protocols. Firmware should be GRUSA4100

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 02:52:22 PM »

FYI Hot Shot 15 Reel runs super smooth on my other machine with a 1GB MPU where it kind of struggles on the 512 MPU, even worse on the old 256 I used to have.

What MPU is that Hot Shot 15 running on, the 512 or the 1GB?

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2014, 03:28:53 PM »

What MPU is that Hot Shot 15 running on, the 512 or the 1GB?

In the picture its a 512. This game will run on any of them. Here is my experience with running on all three:

On the 256:
Runs very sluggish. The 15 reel spins are kinda slow. Some sound effects like the Bonus sounds sometimes get missed. Meaning they don't make a sound when landing. Animation is very slow with the particle effects, ect. Credit Rack up is really slow. Is it playable? Yes.

512:
Game runs smoother than the 256. Sound effects are more lined up with the graphics. The 15 Reel spins are still a little sluggish but not as bad as the 256.

1GB: Wow! I thought it was playing at turbo speed. I think this game was meant to run on this board. Flawless.

What I found most surprising is that this game is a 512MB card yet it still loaded into a 256 MPU. I have some sample videos of Hot Shot running on all 3 setups if you want me to throw it on YouTube.
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2014, 05:57:56 PM »
Thanks, the videos would be a good documentary on the effects of using different CPU's to run the same game.  It's kind of the same thing as running a bb1 title like Zeus II on a BB2 cpu, things just runs smoother.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2014, 09:43:57 PM »
Thanks, the videos would be a good documentary on the effects of using different CPU's to run the same game.  It's kind of the same thing as running a bb1 title like Zeus II on a BB2 cpu, things just runs smoother.

Here is the YouTube link to the video comparison...

<a href="http://youtu.be/NnkBspjnqAc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/NnkBspjnqAc</a>
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2014, 05:38:17 AM »
Awesome, thanks for the comparision videos.  Makes me glad I bought a 1GB CPU.

Offline BettorSlots

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...
    • Bettor Slots
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2014, 06:43:56 AM »
Interesting to see that and thanks for posting the video.  I didn't experience anything close to that with the same machine type although I had a different game running (sister title) "All About the Money".  I wish I still had that machine to check what OS I used, but I remember it was an older version.  I am curious if the issue could be equally related to the OS being used.  Did you consistently use the same OS for each of your tests and videos?  A newer version?  Seems logical a newer version of OS would clog up the processor on a 256 board.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 06:59:11 AM by BettorSlots »

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2014, 02:59:43 PM »
I do not think there is anything wrong with a 512 box.  If you want to set up for some of the newer, cool games you are most of thime -SOL as compared to a 1 gig box.  1gig box gives you more versatility and, In my opinion is tons faster and some require the dual viedo graphics for the better, enchnaced graphics the games offer.  I think my 1gig cash spin loads in less than 3-minutes.  Uses the 336 family os I believe is what I have in it with matching bios of course.  As far as harder set-up I have not seen this on my uses here for a 512/1gig difference.  Take a 512 and a 1gig-equip them the same and see which one boots quicker!.  I also use a 336 on most all of them-diam/devils had a 317 to begin with and now use 336-xx. Just what I have seen on mine.  There prob. is some other combinations as well. 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2014, 09:11:04 PM »
Got the 2nd of the Alphas going today.  It had a blown AMP (one of the caps is bulging, so I'm going to recap as soon as mouser sends them over).  It also had a blown coin tray led lamp (one of the two work).  Everything else works like a champ.  This particular unit has a 512 MPU box running 317 OS.  Setup the 3 level progressive, and within $200 of game play I hit the 3rd level progressive (which was $100, so I'm still "down).  These Alpha games are very cool.  Anybody got any 3 reel kits for sale?

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
-------
Charles

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2014, 01:29:54 PM »
Enter..... The Junkman!   Still has some things of interest for sure.  I have not bought anything from him so I,  Have No issues at all with this. 

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2014, 01:47:22 PM »
On ebay?
-------
Charles

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal