New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 VFD is blank - Machine will not boot up  (Read 16178 times)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: IGT S2000 VFD is blank - Machine will not boot up
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 02:25:35 PM »
Putting "IGT decal" in thw search box might work

Offline rescue161

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • rescue161 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 02:43:04 PM »
Nope.  I tried that.  I'll keep looking.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 03:14:37 PM »
Nope.  I tried that.  I'll keep looking.

You might cotact one of the vendors listed on the home page or post a wanted to buy ad in the classifieds

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 03:36:28 PM »
what size is the  opening?   better yet what size is the glass,   is it a single or double  decal.  have hundreds of them.

have tested  504 boards  as well

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rescue161

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2016, 04:34:57 PM »
The opening is 3-1/8" x 1-1/16" and the glass is a round top.  I suppose it is a single decal?  I changed the jackpot to 10,000 in the software and wanted it to be the same vs the current decal, which is a 6,000 label.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 06:55:37 AM »
I do have the decal you are looking for.      Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rescue161

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2016, 02:16:46 PM »
I will take one.  Where do I send the payment?

Offline rescue161

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2016, 04:55:09 PM »
Well, I got the new power supply, but that did not fix my problem.  I wonder if the ROMs became corrupt somehow?  Any other help is welcome.  I'd like to figure out what is wrong and what caused the failure in the first place.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2016, 04:59:25 PM »
Check your vfd. There a 2 screws that secure it. I had a machine missing 1 and it had similar issues.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline rescue161

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2016, 05:07:39 PM »
Both screws are present and the ribbon cable is secure at both connections.  The VFD not working is just a symptom.  The only thing that is working on the machine are the lights.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2016, 07:40:23 PM »
Both screws are present and the ribbon cable is secure at both connections.  The VFD not working is just a symptom.  The only thing that is working on the machine are the lights.

Have you tried pulling the 2 ram chips off the board and swapping them to each others sockets

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2016, 09:11:49 PM »
you stated that you bought a MPU board,  did you swap it with the suspect board?   not a good sign when all the LEDS are on including the red one, most of the times it has been the SB chip is no good, or in the wrong way. 

Have you checked your voltages in the machine?  usually there is a power dist. board up in the top box, both voltages are present there, black with an orange tracer is 25vdc, black with a red tracer is 13vdc,  only other voltage supplied by the supply is the 5/7vdc on signal, it can be measured at the power plug on the motherboard,  top black wire.

Jim

Signature:

Offline rescue161

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2016, 02:26:25 AM »
I did not swap the RAM chips.  Does this MPU even have RAM chips?  The MPU that I bought us not here yet.  All of the chips are in correctly and are seated with no pins bent.  There was nothing done to this machine.  It worked fine for years and then it died.  I will check the voltages when I get home.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2016, 06:02:51 AM »
The RAM chips are in sockets right next to your SG chips, there's 2. Probably won't belp, but won't hurt either

Offline brianfink

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2016, 10:11:51 AM »
I think like most things manufactured today they just weren't designed to last forever. 

Offline rescue161

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2016, 06:48:17 AM »
you stated that you bought a MPU board,  did you swap it with the suspect board?   not a good sign when all the LEDS are on including the red one, most of the times it has been the SB chip is no good, or in the wrong way. 

Have you checked your voltages in the machine?  usually there is a power dist. board up in the top box, both voltages are present there, black with an orange tracer is 25vdc, black with a red tracer is 13vdc,  only other voltage supplied by the supply is the 5/7vdc on signal, it can be measured at the power plug on the motherboard,  top black wire.

Jim

All voltages are present.  Knowing my luck, the SB chip will be bad and the new MPU that is on the way won't fix the problem.  I guess I should try to find that chip next.  I swear, I hate troubleshooting like this.

Offline rescue161

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2016, 05:41:50 PM »
I saw another post on the old board that pointed toward the SG000363 chips going bad.  Problem was reel tilts, etc.  Is there a good source for these or is Ebay my best bet?  I've got an EPROM burner, but don't have the chips to burn the image to.  There is a seller that has them on Ebay for $18 shipped.  Plus he has the Version Chip VS011GX1 for $13 shipped.  Let me know if I should go ahead and pull the plug on these and I'll get them ordered.

Offline rescue161

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2016, 05:26:45 PM »
Machine is working again!  It was a bad main board.

I pulled each chip and read them to save the files so if they ever break in the future, I can easily replace them.  I then put them on the new-to-me main board.  After clearing several RAM and mismatch game errors, it was back and running without having to use a clear chip.  Looks great with the new illuminated bill acceptor sticker.  The only thing left is the 10,000 decal that should be here shortly and then I may get a TITO board.

I do need to set the percentage to something that will win a little more frequently.  I think it is at 87% now.  I just hate to lose all of programming just to do that.

Thank you guys for the help.  Maybe one day, I'll be able to find a Pot-O-Gold machine that needs a new home.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2016, 05:41:50 PM »
Machine is working again!  It was a bad main board.

I pulled each chip and read them to save the files so if they ever break in the future, I can easily replace them.  I then put them on the new-to-me main board.  After clearing several RAM and mismatch game errors, it was back and running without having to use a clear chip.  Looks great with the new illuminated bill acceptor sticker.  The only thing left is the 10,000 decal that should be here shortly and then I may get a TITO board.

I do need to set the percentage to something that will win a little more frequently.  I think it is at 87% now.  I just hate to lose all of programming just to do that.

Thank you guys for the help.  Maybe one day, I'll be able to find a Pot-O-Gold machine that needs a new home.

I got this info from the S2000 page:

Payback Percentage requires a key chip if your machine is using a Base chip that matches your theme.
SB000293 2 Credit Multiplier
SB000294 3 Credit Multiplier

If you use this you should not lose any settings to change the payout percentage. Just change the payout %.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline rescue161

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2016, 05:57:43 PM »
Well, I just stepped through the configuration and verified that it is already at 98%.  I swear I thought it should be winning more than it was, but I guess that could have been the old board being flaky.  I'll see how it goes now that it has a good board.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal