New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 coin in jam, help needed  (Read 15260 times)

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
S2000 coin in jam, help needed
« on: June 19, 2016, 09:26:46 AM »
Once again, total newbie here.

I'm trying to get a 4 reel IGT S2000 up and running, (Triple 777 Red Hot w/ S2000 enhanced board).

When I bought the machine, I was getting a display mismatch error. I found the problem w/ that. The 32 pin display chip had a bent leg...the socket was bad so I've replaced it. There was also a bent chip leg on the 40 pin chip. The socket was good. I've straightened the leg and re-inserted the chip. That took care of the display mismatch.

Now I have a new problem(s)...

After loading currency, The first error message I got was telling me the meter is not connected. That error went away on itself, but now I'm getting a coin in jam error. I noticed one of the terminals inside the the 14 pin plug on the I/O board is split/burnt. This is pin #10 (orange wire). I'm guessing that is my problem. Where can I buy these types of terminals? I have a typican molex terminal crimper...will this work for replacing this plug terminal?

Lastly, (and not sure if it's related)...The center LED's are locked on on the #1 back-lit reel assembly.

Thanks in advance for any help....I'm bound and determined to figure these slot machines out....they sure are different than working on pinball machines...LOL

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: S2000 coin in jam, help needed
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 08:26:19 PM »
Post a picture of the burnt area.  The Coin/in and the meters are controlled by the same I/O card, if something is burnt, then that's most likely your problem.

The center leds locked could be the past pay, are they blinking or permanently lit?  There's a test you can run to see if the backlight controller is working.  It is in the input/output tests.  But before you even get to that, you need to fix your I/O card issue.  Sometimes errors on these machine cascade into others.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 03:39:52 AM »
looks like u deferentially have a problem with something on the senet line. coin in is handled by one of the door io boards if your machine has 2. coin out and meters are handled by cabinet io board. the reel light driver board is also senet. pin 10 on the 14 pin connector on either io board should be 24vdc if this pin is cooked u may have problems elsewhere too. the problem with senet devices are they are chained together so often times u get false errors. check your mpu for any burnt or cracked ics.

Offline slotdoofus

• slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 05:12:48 AM »
I gave the MPU board another look this morning.

I don't see any cracked chips. I did notice that that the C131 capacitor shows signs of leakage.

Are there places out there that perform bench tests on boards?

The Senet stuff is completely new to me.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 10:39:53 PM »
Post a picture of the burnt area.  The Coin/in and the meters are controlled by the same I/O card, if something is burnt, then that's most likely your problem.

I second that ...for $20 or less, you can eliminate a lot of things. Shoot, I think I marked mine down to $12-15 nicks for a set of 2 (door and cabinet). Don't stress over the big shit if it's only a little issue.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 03:32:47 AM »
I've had to replace a LOT of burnt connectors on pinball machines.

What type of terminal is used in that 14 pin plug on the I/O board? Does GPE sell these?

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
Having clear and key problems on my S2000
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 08:39:37 AM »
I'm still trying to get this 4 reel S2000 up and running.

During the clear process, I get to the point where the display should say "machine type mismatch". Instead of getting that message, I get a coin in jam error.

What do I need to do?

I have removed the Varta battery as well as the U16....thinking maybe that was giving me my problems...no luck.

TOPIC MERGED HERE - Last topic was under the same subject. Better to keep this all together since it's a continuation of the same problem.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 09:47:44 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Having clear and key problems on my S2000
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 09:15:45 AM »
I'm still trying to get this 4 reel S2000 up and running.

During the clear process, I get to the point where the display should say "machine type mismatch". Instead of getting that message, I get a coin in jam error.

What do I need to do?

I have removed the Varta battery as well as the U16....thinking maybe that was giving me my problems...no luck.

Here's a post from Qbert about a coin in jam.

Coin in jam possible problems:
 LED display is bad causing coin in jam or the door I/O card (the one at an angle) is not seated or has failed.

Remember do not unplug any cards with the power on

Rich

Is this the machine with the burnt connector in the I/O card?

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
Re: Having clear and key problems on my S2000
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 09:26:59 AM »
Yes,

It's the one w/ the burnt terminal.

I was able to locate what I think is the right terminal at Great Plains Electronics.

Parts are on order.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 09:59:31 AM »
Do your self a favor, just buy the I/O card it probably burned for a reason and the card will probably cost less than what the connector costs plus installation time. Go to cvslots and get both cards, her prices include shipping!!
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 10:04:47 AM »
Thanks Rich...I'll do that.

Dave mentioned something about the display possibly being bad. I noticed the display has a connector w/ nothing plugged into it. Could this possibly be causing my problem? I also noticed that the machine is missing the multi denomination touch pad panel. No biggie, I plan on setting it up for 5 cent play anyway.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 10:14:03 AM »
Nothing wrong in either place.
1)  No plug needed at that location on the display.
2) Many machines do not have the touch panel connection as they just use the led back lights to illuminate the denomination sticker. ( In your case 5 cents)
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 09:47:11 AM »
I finally have my 4 reel slot up and running. I replaced a burnt terminal on the I/O plug as well as one of the 3 I/O boards.

Played it for a few hours w/ no problem...but now it's giving me a "hopper malfunction, extra coin paid" error.

If I turn the machine off for a while, it plays for a little while, then I start getting the error again. Apparently, this is a heat related issue. A component must be heating up and failing.

Any advise on where to start?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 10:07:56 AM »
Are you using the machine with coins? IE is the hopper being used at all or is the malfunction error just coming on? There is a little coin counter switch right where the coins exit the hopper for payouts make sure it moves freely. Sometimes the hopper brake is not working properly.
If you are not using coins and the error just appears try swapping out I/O cards.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 10:15:45 AM »
Oops...

I failed to mention....It's a coinless machine. There is no hopper, coin comparator, etc.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 10:27:36 AM »
Most likely cabinet I/O or connections.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 10:41:45 AM »
The I/O board on the side of the CPU box is the only one I didn't replace.

I'll try swapping that out w/ one of my other machines.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2016, 01:17:28 PM »
I tried sapping out the I/O card that mounts to the CPU tray.

Still no luck. I play a game or 2 and I get a coin in error.

The only board I haven't replaced now is the mother board.

I guess that's next.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2016, 01:37:22 PM »
Check to see if the coinless bypass plug is in place and secure. It's a small plug with orange wires that just loop back into the plug. It's located inside the door panel close to where the coin mechanism would be. Might want to reseat that plug.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2016, 01:59:23 PM »
Yep....I re-seated the jumper plug several times.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal