New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 coin in jam, help needed  (Read 15262 times)

Offline brianfink

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: S2000 coin in jam, help needed
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2016, 04:54:46 PM »
I would try doing a full clear on the machine. If you don't have a key 224 you will need one. Even if you have already cleared the machine old errors or settings can be stuck in the memory. I usually like to clear the machine at least 3 times any time I switch out a MPU or software. 

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2016, 05:13:05 PM »
I did a full clear w/ a oo97

Keyed it w/ a 31

I have a 224 on order.

What is the difference in key chips?

Offline brianfink

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2016, 05:53:29 AM »
224 is the proper clear chip for the 1270 enhanced board it also works on older 500 boards. 45 is the newest key chip. If you were able to key with a 31 you may actually have a 500 board. Did you mean you have enhanced sound or mml2 board?   

Offline slotdoofus

• slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2016, 04:07:17 AM »
Here is a picture of the board(s) I have in this machine.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2016, 04:24:43 AM »
That's a 1270 board also known as enhanced board.
You need the key 45 for it.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2016, 04:26:56 AM »
Thanks qbert,

I'll get one on order.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2016, 04:33:57 AM »
Can I still use the 0097 clear chip, or do I need a different one?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2016, 06:03:18 AM »
224 for enhanced
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2016, 06:05:23 AM »
Thanks again qbert....I really appreciate you helping this newbie out.

I have the 224 and 45 on order...should arrive any day now.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2016, 04:46:44 PM »
I did the clear w/ a clear w/ a 224 and keyed it w/ a 45

I'm still getting the same results.

I play a couple games, then I get a coin in error.

My guess is that something might be going on w/ the mother board.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2016, 04:51:05 PM »
Do u still have the backlight controller for the reels hooked up? If the machine has backlit reels that is.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2016, 04:56:07 PM »
Yes, it's hooked up.

The machine played fine for a couple hours the other night. That was w/ a 0097 clear and a 31 key.

The machine played great.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2016, 05:23:51 PM »
Try un plugging the backlight driver board and playing for a wile. seems like u definitely have an intermittent senet problem. Maybe wireing harnes damage or one of the devices is failing or your mpu.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2016, 06:46:30 PM »
Are you getting the same error? First you said it was a hopper pay out error, then coin out error, now coin in.
Each one will point us to a different fix. Coin in goes back to swapping door I/O cards. Coin out is cabinet I/O. Is it always the same error and which one is it. It's not uncommon to have to fix a few things on a machine that was not known operational.
Reseat the door I/O cards again.
Rich

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2016, 03:24:37 AM »
Hi Rich,

Having the different errors, and not knowing what is causing them is what is so frustrating for this slot newbie.

Typically, in my pinball repairs, having different errors popping up points to a problem somewhere that is causing all of them. That's why I think my problem might have something to do w/ the mother board and/or CPU board. Communication problems....?

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2016, 04:40:58 AM »
It probably won't help with your current issue, but it might and it definately will help with other things over the long hall. Remove that green varta rechargeable battery and cut the legs on thr transistor located at U16 on the board. You don't have to completely remove the body of the transistor, which can be problematic, just make sure all e legs are cut and not touching each other.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2016, 04:43:39 AM »
And cover the little window on your SB chip, UV light will damage/erase it.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2016, 04:48:37 AM »
Thanks cowboy,

I've already removed the Varta, and clipped the legs on U16...The pic I posted was an old pic.

Sorry,

I'll cover the window on the SB chip.

Is there a place I can purchase a new SB chip? It never occurred to me that the chip could be bad.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2016, 06:10:23 AM »
I think your SB chip is fine or the game wouldn't boot up at all. Preventative maintanance. I'm a little stumped by the labels on your chips though. I wonder why they're hand labeled that way, but again, not likely related to your issue

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2016, 06:13:03 AM »
I labeled those....

Once again, being a newbie, I wanted to make sure I put them back in the proper sockets.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal