New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 coin in jam, help needed  (Read 15263 times)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: S2000 coin in jam, help needed
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2016, 06:44:22 AM »
Got ya.
You may well just have a bad 1270 or mother board. Your issues are indicating problems from both IO cards and not consistantly from either. I assume you've traced the harness' from both IO card sockets back to the motherboard to be sure they are plugged in tight and checked both fuses on the motherboard to be sure they are good?

Offline slotdoofus

• Reputation Power: 52
  • slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2016, 07:20:19 AM »
I just checked the fuses, and re-seated each of the plugs several times.

This time, I was able to play about 20 games w/ no problem....

Then the coin error popped up again.

My guess is something might be bad on the mother board....I don't know.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2016, 07:54:25 AM »
Here is the list of senet devices that i know of if u have tried all of them then your problem is in the harnes, motherboard(the part mounted to the back of the cabinet) or the mpu(main processing unit).

Door io cards. Some machines have 2. I have seen 3 different types and some machines do strange things if u have the wrong type cards. They control buttons coin in and the 5 line display.

Cabinet io card. Only know of 2 types have never had a problem interchanging them. It controls the meaters, handle, hopper, candle, and i think the key switches i know it does the aux switch if your machine has one.

Backlight driver for reels.

Credit display.

Multiple credit per line pay line displays.

Part of the bonus reel if your machine has one.

The way these devices chain off one another it is very common for u to get false errors. Also i have seen a bad mpu give random errors and coin related errors.

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2016, 06:17:41 PM »
Did you make sure the bill validator and cash box switches are bypassed?  Also have you checked the door optics?  Making sure they are aligned and tightened down?  I had almost the exact same issue with a I Game and never fixed it.  I changed everything but the MPU before I sold it.  I am guessing that might be the actual issue but, check the other items first.  Wouldn't be a bad idea to get another MPU just to have around regardless.  Always good for troubleshooting.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2016, 06:52:17 PM »
I see bad mpus cause this problem all the time normally its because someone tries to swap an io board while the machine is on. On the 50x boards it will blow the buffer ic not sure what goes out on the enhanced mpus tho.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 135
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2016, 08:39:53 AM »
The enhanced board has Sg000523 game chips, are they correct for this game??

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2016, 05:36:29 PM »
I've been trying to help Slotdoofus get this machine going,
Quick Update:
I have tried 2 known good enhanced boards, replaced motherboard, replaced all 3 i/o boards, replaced power supply.

After performing clear/key which seems to perform normally the game fires up but only the 10 buttons work (the service, cash out, Repeat Last Bet and Max Bet do not work).  You can play the game with any of the 10 buttons.  At the end of the reel spinning the Cash Out, Repeat and Max Bet buttons will flicker on and on some spins stay on BUT the do not work.  I know the buttons are OK because they are used during the clear/key operations.

I've also removed and examined the wiring harnesses for the door i/o boards.

Questions:  Could it be bad or wrong Game chips (has SG000523).  Would the piggy back board be at fault?  I have not changed it or any of the chips on it.

If you have any suggestions please shoot them my way.

thanks
Bob

Offline stormrider

• Sr NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • stormrider New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2016, 06:52:24 PM »
If I'm not mistaken SG000523 is for vision

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2016, 06:58:29 PM »
SG000523 should work fine. The PSR is posted in the files section (not a vision SG). That piggy back board is a good point. You might want to remove it & make sure all the pins are straight. If one is bent it will not make contact with the MPU connector. Look carefully. There's so many pins in there, one bent one is easy to overlook.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2016, 07:05:39 PM »
I didn't see the Sg000523 in the download section

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline brianfink

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2016, 06:55:45 AM »
You might try a different 7 segment display and bet per line display.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal