New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 200 coins when jp is 400 or more.  (Read 13332 times)

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: 200 coins when jp is 400 or more.
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 03:55:58 AM »
Hi OldReno.  It does have the the two jackpot lockup relays / switches.  It took me awhile, looking at schematics and rereading to get it.   

What is strange is that 1 coin 3B-3B-3B pays correctly.  Doesnt use X's unit, step up disc or jackpot lock up relays/switches.

2, 3, 4 and 5 coin 3B-3B-3B all pay exactly like mixed bars.   

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2016, 04:59:46 AM »
Did you ever look at the plastic relay that was a different color to see if it was the same voltage? I remember you mentioning it earlier in this post? I have a 955 that has a side in plate holding 6 or 8 of those same relays that I could look at here, and compare to yours.. I also have a full size blue print schematic for a 955-? Your welcome to borrow.. Don't know how much help it will be?
Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2016, 07:21:03 AM »
Hi Gary.   I numbered the relays and then rotated them between sockets.  No affect the machine behaved the same.   I was hoping for a different result.   
I appreciate the offer to borrow schematic.  955 is a criss cross 5 line if I remember correctly.  That may be a bit confusing. Thank you though.   

I am going through 809 schematic and wire code is very close if not the same.   I keep looking in schematic why the 1 coin 3 bars works, all pays on 2 bars, single bars and mixed bars work but the 2-5 coin 3Bars pays like mixed bars.  From what I see from schematic, mixed bars sends 90 wire to 20 tab on hoppr payout and x's units multiply what step disc says coin in was.  So when I set up more than 1 coin and 3bars machine is not see this as 3 of a kind 3bars.  But seeing it as mix.  Or if jackpot lock up doesnt work then does it default to mix bars.  Thats what I am looking at. 
I hate messing with the plastic relays.  Very tight quarters and a lot of wires. 

Anyways, thank you.   I appreciate any and all help.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2016, 07:58:00 AM »
Sounds like you could have a cold solder joint some where. Like on the payout board on the hopper. The 3B signal is going so far then stops? Maybe on the reel wiper?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Online DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2016, 12:09:28 PM »
If I get a chance I will check out the 3bar sequence on 809 I have.
Does the photo attached indicate what is happening?

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2016, 12:16:40 PM »
Hi Dave.   Yes.    Your pic is what is happening. 

I keep going back to the jackpot lock up #1 relay switch. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 06:07:55 PM by jimliner »

Online DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2016, 01:16:31 PM »
Hello Jim,
Attached photo limits payout to first coin. After that the balance is paid by attendant. Machine denomination may be different, but could this be the situation? See photo.

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2016, 01:30:46 PM »
Hi Dave,

The 2B-2B-2B, five coin jackpot is 500 coins.   It pays 200, sets off bell and kills coin in.  To play again you hold reset key in reset position while coining machine.   I think the pay by attendant applies to all pays 400 and more.   
  Could you set up your 809 for max pay/max jackpot and see what it pays.   

As always, thank you very much. 
Jim

Online DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2016, 02:41:27 PM »
Will try the max payouts asap, hopefully will be able to check tomorrow.
Wonder if the payout wiper boards are reading it like any bars. Like one of the triple bars is wired wrong.
Or the reel index is worn. The difference between 2b and 3b isn't that much.
Checking continuity on the 3 bars on the wiper boards would confirm proper alignment. I'm sure you've check continuity all the way to the step up payout unit. Probably a few times.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »
Jim, A lot of these machine only have a max 200 coin jackpot. Anything over that is a hand pay. The hoppers have a 200 coin max pay on the wiper boards.
And remember...

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2016, 03:05:41 PM »
Yes.  The machine should only pay 200 coins for all the 3B-3B-3B wins, coins 2-5.  The remainder would be hand pay.   

The 2B-2B-2B coins played 4 & 5 jackpots are 400 or more.  Machine pays 200 and requires "attendant pay balance" followed by reset and "sirprize", coining while reset.   

The 3 bars are currently paying like mixed bars. 

Jim

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2016, 03:32:15 PM »
Hi Dave.  It sure seems like it is reading triple 3B's as mixed with the exception of one coin triple 3Bars. 

I did notice when i line up triple bars, two of the wipers on the contact boards are set in on the 3rd column of dots.  And the other one is on the 4th column.  Not sure why if cuts in the index wheels are same depth.  According to file on index drawings it should have 3 different number index wheels.  Just thought it was odd they werent lined up on the same column of dots/contacts on wiper boards.  I have started checking continuity across wiper boards and making a hand drawing.  Slow going, first time.   

Thanks, your comments jogged me to go look again. 

Jim

Online DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2016, 05:54:45 PM »
Jim,
Good eye, could be on to something with the wiper alignment. This could give you a ANY BAR situation.
Usually as you know the deeper cuts are for the higher payouts  That one index reel disc could be worn, modified or replaced. Try setting up the 3 bars all the way across then pull the one back to the 3rd row.
I don't recommend this, but I've used clothes pins to hold the wipers in place. Or wedge something between the index roller and the disc cut. BUT in either case don't forget to remove these temporary stops. Check continuity from the 90 across the boards. The easiest way is to connect to the 90 wire then touch the wiper blades until you find the first set on the board that has the 90 wire. Then work across the boards. Use some lite pressure on the blades across the boards. Then go back with no to lite pressure on the edge of the blade at the farthest point from the end of the blade / contact pad. Reason being, you can get a positive false reading  as the added pressure applied will make contact when there really is none. Also keep in mind there is oxidization on the blades which also can prevent a good test. Same with the solder lugs along the tops of the wiper boards. You'll come across solder joint you know should read on the meter, but don't. This is when you need to push the prob through the flux and oxidization. There's other ways to check continuity. You can directly to the contacts or the lazy way which I use at first is to just drag the prob across the the solder lugs at the top of the boards, But the oxidization may block a reading / beep.

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2016, 07:15:54 AM »
Hi Dave,

I have started going through wiper boards with the 3 triple bars lined up.   One lead of meter to 90 on third wheel wiper and checking for continuity across the wpier boards to see where its going.   It does have multiple spots on each board as you go from board 3, 2, to 1.   Which what i expected looking at schematic.    I am hand drawing this as I go.  So I can go back and recheck.  Some wire colors haven't aged well.   
Also drawing out wire colors and connections on plastic relays. 
I have a line on a 956 triple bar schematic I am going to order.   

Thanks Dave, let me know what you see when you line up max jackpot (& 5 coin) on your 809.   No rush at all. 

Jim

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2016, 06:15:29 PM »
Well, I am still going through reels and tracing out 90 on 3B-3B-3B. 

Got bored a bit.   Decided to look at step up disc.   it has two contactor strip connectors that are on the back wall that I would need to pull if/when I pull step up disc.    The one on the right is so loose it barely stays in place when connected.   The left one is tight when gently pushed back in place.  The left one has circle female connectors to receive pins.  The right one, loose one has some type of square female connectors that must be a bit too much open.   

After pulling both connector strips, then putting back in place.  No lights on belly glass step up disc wasn't stepping up. 

Will post a pic.   I am thinking this may be a cause for my problem.

Jim

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2016, 07:04:43 PM »
Going to use a very small pair of channel locks to pinch squares a touch closer for firm contact. 

Online DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2016, 08:10:32 PM »
Have you checked the 6 / 8 volt fuse?

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2016, 08:15:27 PM »
General lights still working. Bulbs in belly glass not for coins played columns still light up. 

Online DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2016, 09:10:11 PM »
Is there any way the receiver sockets could be manipulated as to add pressure to the pins when put back together? Or do the pins have slits in them as to make a minor adjustment. I would do this on one of my machines, but don't like to recommend something that might damage your machine. As this would require a little squeeze to the receptors. Mose likely this might of caused the light / bell situation. Seeing how both are out, I would check the 20 blue wire if the plug has any soldered to it or any 20 wire in the close proximity.
Another possibility would be to add a little solder to the pins.

I've added solder to the side a light bulb casing to help put a little pressure on the sockets.
Works really good when the are dim bulbs do to corrosion and or wear on the sockets.

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2016, 09:17:41 PM »
Hi Dave.  Other than pay issue everything else worked great till I pulled right connector.  Its loose.   I am pretty sure I can gently squeeze sockets to put more pressure (just a little) on pins when they slide into position.   

Jim

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal