New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Hot Peppers Vision  (Read 30498 times)

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: Hot Peppers Vision
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2016, 02:44:39 AM »
Ok, Vision owners. I am looking for a diagram (even drawn by hand) of the sound harness for the top cabinet. I have studied Jim's pics but I can't see the whole harness and it does some looping around. I just can't make out what splits off from where. Specifically, what I'm looking for is the audio out harness. Somehow the audio out from the amplifier board and the audio out from the LCD box are tied in together. See Jim's pics here. http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=13162.0
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2016, 02:02:09 PM »
Unless someone else gets to it, I'll pull my harness out and take photos. Will be a couple day's though. Leaving for dinner and wedding anniversary Wendesday. So I better not even think about a slot Wednesday. Haha
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline ianmcneil68

• ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2016, 03:22:32 PM »
Thanks, Jim. Happy anniversary. I'll have the new vision screen Thursday. I have a bunch of molex stuff I could fashion a harness out of.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2016, 05:18:29 PM »
Look what I found. http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10167.0 be sure to open the doc. on reply #4

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2016, 05:28:08 PM »
I am thinking it is the black flat plug at the amp that needs altering.

the rockin elvis

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2016, 06:15:45 PM »
On to something here...let me study this and I will post what I find. I still want you to pull that harness though and take pics. Great thread, Jim!

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2016, 06:44:53 PM »
The problem that I see with the diagram is that there is no output directly to the speakers (except to the bottom bass speaker). The signal (in the diagram) comes from the machine in 2 wires to the 2 pin molex on the LCD. It leaves the LCD 4 pin molex and goes to the amp (flat connector). It only shows 2 wires leaving the amp (maybe an oversite or chalked up to being obvious that bat ears would come out of the amp). However, it shows green/purple and white purple going to the flat connector. I have no purple whatsoever. Where the G/P and W/P are in the diagram, I have W/B and G/B. Which is the same color as on the other side of the flat connector.....ugh, this is starting to hurt my brain....trying..to...think......

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2016, 04:53:25 PM »
Well, would you lookie there! Thanks to Jim's pics and the link that he sent me which had a hand drawn diagram of the sound....all sound works! I get both the reel sound and sounds from the LCD. I had to make a harness, and boy is it ugly, but it works. Thanks, Jim!

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2016, 04:58:40 PM »
You didn't fool around and must have good eye's. I just sent the pictures 2 hours ago.

the rockin elvis

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2016, 05:16:16 PM »
I was a man on a mission! I'm changing bonus now. I want to hear what else I've been missing. What are the chances that I can find the brackets to mount a screen in another machine I have. Now that I have an extra coming tomorrow...maybe I'll try to make use of it.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2016, 05:20:36 PM »
You have to know if the glass is for center mount or right side mount. Roz at CVSlots might have some.

the rockin elvis

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2016, 05:17:57 AM »
My latest oddity with this machine. This has been a very long thread so as a reminder; I got everything working with this chip combo SB000001 SS4706 SG000093 VS009GX0. The SS4706 is somewhere around 90% payout so I figured that I would throw in an SS4703 to get a higher payout. Only it will absolutely not work. Basically, I get to "hold button for 2-3 seconds", close the door, "testing memory", "NETPLEX LINK IS DOWN" and everything resets. It does this in a loop. Same thing over and over. I tried 2 different SS chips with same results. I pop my original SS4706 in and the whole setup process is normal. :Scratch-Head: 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 05:33:59 AM by ianmcneil68 »

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2016, 05:31:47 AM »
Bent leg or bad chip.

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2016, 05:45:34 AM »
I put SG248's with the SB000001 and vs009GX1 with ss7840 and all was great. I tried SG380's and got the same error. Some chips don't work together I guess. Try the 248's you have with the new ss chips, SB000001 and vs009gx1

the rockin elvis

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2016, 05:55:42 AM »
I tried the 248's. I don't believe I have the vs009gx1. I have the gx0. I'll try it again with the 248's a little later. Maybe I was cross eyed the first several tries. Need more coffee...

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2016, 04:00:40 PM »
No luck at all. I tried the 248's. I tried some 363's I even tried switching the SB to SB001000 as I have read these work for SS/SB combo. The only difference I can find is that my original SS is 120ns and the new ones are 100ns. I don't see how faster could be a problem. I'm about done messing with it as everything is working. If it ain't broke....

This machine has been an adventure and I have learned a ton because of it. Well, for that matter, I am also dumbfounded about a few things as well. Big thanks to all that have helped. Also thanks to the thread titled IGT Vision Tripple Diamond found here http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=5380.msg28500#msg28500. I used his pics to get the setup that finally got me running (namely the SB000001). That's why this site is so great. :hail:

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2016, 05:54:30 PM »
So you know the SB001000 is for non vision S2000's to use SS chip

the rockin elvis

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2016, 06:07:10 PM »
I'm sure that explains the whole reason I started this post..."initializing...please wait" It had a SB001000 in it when I got it. Now I'm monkeying around with sound. In a different machine that I have set up with vision LCD I got enhanced sound from my multimedia board. It's the round top that I'm changing to Pink Panther. SO, I'm trying to get a multimedia board to work in my Hot Peppers. So far, no luck. You guys probably think I'm crazy. Admittedly, if one project has to be on the back burner, another will come to the front. And so goes my neurosis.....

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2016, 06:41:19 PM »
Sounds perfectly normal to me. Slots are a horrible addiction
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2016, 09:05:30 PM »
Getting close to finished... Possible topper in the works.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal