New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Trying to repair my 4 reel S2000  (Read 14185 times)

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: Trying to repair my 4 reel S2000
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 10:39:31 AM »
Yellow red wire is a button on my spare button pannel.

Offline slotdoofus

• Reputation Power: 52
  • slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 03:16:37 PM »
Although the machine isn't up and running 100% just yet.....I want to give a BIG thank you to you guys for helping me get this machine up and running. I really do appreciate the help.

Now to find time to figure out why the digital displays and multi-denomination lamp board aren't working now.

One step at a time......

It's sure beats the coin-in jam error I was getting.

Thanks again guys....

Offline slotdoofus

• slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2016, 03:31:05 PM »
I've noticed that I have a decimal point flickering on the 1st section of the 6-6-3 display, (the decimal right after the 1st digit).

Is this giving me a clue as to why my multi-denomination lamp board and digital displays to the left of the reels aren't working?

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2016, 07:26:11 AM »
I'm still working on getting this machine 100% working.

Here's where I'm at:

The machine plays fine, but the following items aren't working:

The 9 line digital displays
The multi-denomination lamp board, (touch pad works fine)
The bill validator lamp board
The spin reels button lamp.

All of these, (except the digital displays) have been replaced with known, working components.

Do all of these issues have anything in common with each other.

What should I check next? I have a fully working, almost identical machine, that I can swap parts with to help me nail down where my problem(s) lie.

Anyone?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2016, 07:47:04 AM »
The button lamp, I would test the switch assemble with another button plug to see if it lights up.  If it doesn't, then you need a new switch assembly.  If it does, then you have a harness issue.  I would test voltage to see if  you are getting the 12volts.  If you are not getting the 12 volts, I would trace the wire to the I/O card and see what the deal is.

Validator lamp board is the same issue, do a continuity test from the lamp board all the way back to the back of the validator.

The 9 line display, make sure yo have it hooked up right.  I have a multi-line display, which should be connected similarly. Here's a photo on how mine is connected.
The white plug comes form the harness that goes to the backplane.

The multi-denom lamp board, I would replace the 6 6 3 display to see if the problem is not originating there, because I believe you had menitoned that the light works on another machine.

If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2016, 08:38:10 AM »
I tried swapping out the 6-6-3....that didn't work.

In your picture, the black plug going to the 9 line display is going to the rear I/O card....mine is going to the front I/O card.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to swap the plugs going to those I/O cards.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2016, 08:49:16 AM »
update....

Just swapped the plugs going to the I/O cards located on the door.

My multi-denomination lamp board is working now...but I get the following error:

Ten button I/O card not found.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2016, 08:58:45 AM »
Now try swapping the positions of the door I/O cards
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2016, 09:07:28 AM »
Just tried that...

It's still telling me ten button I/O card not found.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2016, 10:19:35 AM »
What I/O cards do you have? They should either be one 801 and one 802 or two 802s.
From my memory (I will confirm when I get home from work) on my machines the harness from the cabinet plugs into an 801 card that is located vertically on the door.(what you called the rear. Then that goes to the 802 card which is mounted at a 45 degree angle on the door, then it goes to the 9 line display. 
Also is the 9 line display working? It may have blown out the I/O card. Try operating the game without the 9 line display wired in.            .                [blink]Update[/blink] :          Hook up is like Rick's picture below. White plug from cabinet harness goes to the 9 line display, then from 9 line it goes to the 801 card that is vertical on the door, then that goes to the 802 card that is mounted at a 45 degree angle .
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:18:34 PM by qbert »
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2016, 10:33:25 AM »
This machine has the newer black plastic case type I/O cards...mdl14940201W

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2016, 10:36:31 AM »
How about the other machine?
I have only seen black plastic on three reel machines.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2016, 10:53:25 AM »
It turns out that I had the 9 line display board plugged up wrong...not sure if I blew anything up or not.

Just took out the vertical I/O card...replaced it with a 802 I have lying around...now I'm getting coin in jam error....back to square one.....LOL

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2016, 11:07:13 AM »
Yep.....I'm definitely back to square one.

After getting the coin in jam....I did a clear. After before doing the key, while the game SB chip is in...after shutting the door this error comes up now:

Meter disconnected.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2016, 11:28:20 AM »
Can't run a plastic I/O with 802 need to run two 802s or one 801 and one 802. If that doesn't work what happens when you go back to the plastic I/O cards? I/Os are pretty fragile and blow out easily. Slow down take your time think and confirm connections before you flip on the power.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2016, 11:57:27 AM »
The machine I'm working on is a 4 reel triple red hot 7's

The other machine, (which originally had the black I/O cards) is a 4 reel triple double red hot 7's

I put the black I/o's back in the triple double...where they originally came from. That machine is doing fine, so I guess I didn't blow any of the black I/O's up.

I checked my other S2000 machines, (9 of them)...they all have the 801 I/O cards.

Which I/O belongs where? The 2 4 reel machines are the only ones I have that take 3 I/O cards. I'm guessing that one, or both of my spare 802 cards is/are bad.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2016, 12:07:09 PM »
Does anyone have a couple 802 I/O cards they'd sell?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2016, 12:18:24 PM »
I only have one triple lucky 7s four reel machine but it is a one line machine and does not have a 9 line display. ( Again I will check them when I get home from work) my 5 reel multi line machines use the 801/802 combination with a 9 line display. I also have a three reel machine with plastic I/O cards and a 9 line display I will check that one as well.
Rich

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2016, 12:29:48 PM »
I really appreciate the help.

Where does the 801 go? Where does the 802 go?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2016, 12:34:24 PM »
White plug from cabinet harness goes to the 9 line display, then from 9 line it goes to the 801 card that is vertical on the door, then that goes to the 802 card that is mounted at a 45 degree angle .
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:21:29 PM by qbert »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal