New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Trying to repair my 4 reel S2000  (Read 14182 times)

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: Trying to repair my 4 reel S2000
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2016, 12:39:09 PM »
Thanks Qbert.....

Hoping to get this machine up and running 100% soon....it's driving me nuts!!!

Offline slotdoofus

• slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdoofus Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2016, 01:35:54 PM »
Here's the connector hook-up arrangement on the working triple double red hot 7's...

Wiring from cabinet, (mother board)...White plug, (identical to the I?O connector plugs)...connected to the back of the 9 line digital displays. The other 2 smaller black connectors to the lower left display board.
The "back side I/O, (vertical position) White plug from the top of the I/O...the other end of that short harness is a black connector that connects to the back of the 9 line display board.
The wiring harness coming out of the bottom of the vertical I/O board had a white plug that is connected to the angled I/O card that's inside the door.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2016, 01:44:08 PM »
OK try this take the nine line display and the two working I/O cards from the working machine and put them in the none working machine hooked up the same way as the working one. If that works try swapping the 9 line display and you may find your problem.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2016, 01:53:30 PM »
The nine line display is a different style....it had a 3-3-3-6 layout, instead of the 9 double digit style that isn't working.

Quick question....just went to do another clear on the non-working machine, after confirmong my I/O connections were correct.

When I get to the point where the machine reels spin...and it should tell you machine type mismatch, I'm getting the coin in jam error. I also noticed that when the reels spun before the error, the reels spun backwards. Is that correct?

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2016, 02:04:52 PM »
Ok....

I just tried this....

I took a 801 card out of a known working game...installed it in the vertical housing slot...I did a clear...when it gets to the point where the machine resets and should give you a machine mismatch, now I'm getting a meter disconnected error. I knoticed this time, when the reels spun, they spun in the right direction...

I'm getting more and more confused.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:48:44 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2016, 02:41:17 PM »
Either 9 line will work try swapping plastic I/Os and the 9 line  like I suggested before and let us know what happens.

On your current set up either the 9 line or the 802 card is questionable.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2016, 02:59:23 PM »
Right now....with the machine still in error mode....the 6-6-3 displays are going nuts......

????

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2016, 03:01:03 PM »
I'll try swapping out the plastic I/O's and 9 line display tomorrow...it's time to walk away from this project for the day.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2016, 08:44:21 PM »
A while back Neonkiss found that some of the newer enhanced mpu board required the use of the black plastic I/O cards.  He was getting all kinds of weird errors using the older cards.  You may need to source the black plastic I/O cards for this to work, since you probably have the newer enhanced board.  Neon had a way to identify the board, I forget how that is done since I never had one of those boards.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2016, 04:25:45 AM »
Rick,

I think you might be on to something there. I'm only able to get the machine to play while using the plastic I/O's.

I'm still trying to learn this stuff...appreciate all the help.

I have a source for 2 of the black I/O's...both with the long connector. Does anyone have the short connector style that mounts to the MPU housing?

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2016, 02:37:07 PM »
Today's update...

I installed the 801 and 802 cards in the triple double red hot 7's...that machine is still working fine.
I installed the black I/O's in my triple red hot sevens...did the clear and key, (key45). Got everything set up properly...game plays but still no 9 line displays, (I haven't tried swapping that just yet), the multi-denomination lamps are still out..touch pad works fine. The BV lamps are still out.

Here's where it gets weird....after playing a few games...I installed the 0042 sound sim...fire up the machine...I get a call attendant on the display...open the door, I get a bad eprom error.

Befoire I proceed any further, I'm going to get a new SB chip...then start over.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2016, 04:15:26 PM »
Highly doubt it is the SB chip. Swap out the damn nine line already this is most likely your problem. Note some SBs will not take the DSV 42

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2016, 06:09:22 PM »
I plan on swapping out the 9 line tomorrow. Already bought on off ebay just in case.

I already know this game plays enhanced sound.

It's odd though...the triple double red hot 7's doesn't play enhanced sound.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2016, 07:03:09 AM »
Here's this morning's update...

I took the 9 line display out of the broken machine...Installed it in the working machine...upon boot-up I get a meter disconnected error.

I took the working display and installed it in the broken machine...did a clear....Instead of it getting to the point where it should say machine type mismatch, I get a bad EEPROM error.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2016, 07:11:57 AM »
By the way, I posted this pic earlier....I had replaced a burnt terminal (pin 10, orange wire). The way this machine was wired up when I bought it, This was connected to the back I/O, (vertically mounted).

Now that I have the wiring harnesses hooked up correctly, this burnt connector actually plugs into the back of the 9 reel digital display...connecting the display to the wiring harness that leads back to the motherboard.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2016, 07:30:05 AM »
I've traced this orange wire back to where it connects to the motherboard...the door senet connector, (J9, pin 1)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2016, 07:51:34 AM »
I would get that bad nine line far away from all of your machines it will hurt them. The EEPROM error occurred after the clear after the key turns? Make sure that burned connector is still making good contact.
I do not believe that you need plastic I/O cards the 801/802s should work fine just as they did in your red hot sevens.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2016, 08:28:50 AM »
Yes, the bad EEPROM error came up after the key turns.

I'm keeping that display FAR away from my machines.

Offline slotdoofus

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2016, 10:00:33 AM »
You were right all along qbert....that digital display is bad...Not only is the cover missing from component L4, A capacitor, (C12) has puked all over the board.

Are these digital display failures all that common?

Thanks again for the help qbert....and everyone else.

Hopefully a replacement display will solve all my problems.

Will update once I have the replacement display installed.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2016, 10:15:37 AM »
I have probably seen 3 of them bad in the last 4 years. And thats in a shop senarieo where i work mainly on s2000s. So I would say not really that common. Normally i see io boards and mpus bad.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal