New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Just installed backlit reels.. but  (Read 4885 times)

Offline Railroader Travis

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Railroader Travis New User has no influence.
  • Ridin' the Rails, Gamblin', Drinkin' Bourbon
Just installed backlit reels.. but
« on: September 24, 2016, 03:10:15 PM »
Community, I just received my package for my backlit reel kit and I've since installed the wiring harness and such, but pending a video I saw on youtube, explaining the backlit reel controller board, there has to be a power cord that plugs into the board.... I'm not really seeing one, or maybe I am already installed correctly?  Also, in the cabinet, not seeing a place to mount the board.   

I attached a picture.
Slots, Poker, Whiskey, Trains.... Those are the only things I can't do without. Well, of course my family, too.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Just installed backlit reels.. but
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 04:18:19 PM »
Here's a reply from CVslots about the mount. Also you might try the search on the S2000 forum. I entered : backlit control board. There are lots of posts. Hope it helps. Probably some pics on there too.

"The backlit control board is like 5"x5", mounted on back wall, sometimes above power supply, but always to the right side (at least in my experience)" CVslots.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 04:26:28 PM »
Here are a few pictures to help.
Your missing the power cable, it should be located on the right side( looking into the cabinet) under the reel tray.
The card usually has a metal shield to block rf as you can see in the picture.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 04:46:51 PM by qbert »
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 06:32:21 PM »
Check in the wiring just above your power box where the power cord plugs in for your extra plug. I found mine zip tied in my wiring.. You are missing the mounting plate for your board. You have to remove the bell to mount the control board and plate.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 09:47:28 PM »
Well, my machine has no mechanical bell and I've searched high and low for a spot to mount this damn board
Slots, Poker, Whiskey, Trains.... Those are the only things I can't do without. Well, of course my family, too.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 11:28:37 PM »
You need th plate that the control board is mounted to. Then the mounting plate is bolted on to the back wall. There is also a cover for the control board that your missing.. Your bell would be mounted right in the middle of yor back wall just above the power distribution box.. As you can see in the pictures your control board, when mounted to its own mounting plate will be right up next to your handles gear box and release solenoid. Trying to mount it without that plate could cause damage to the back lite control board and or your machine. One of our vendors should have what you need to fix your problem..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 04:29:33 AM »
Here is a picture of the mounting plate and cover. The bell would mount next to the controller.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 11:28:50 AM »
There still isn't a spot that I can see, where any of this can be mounted!

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 11:53:09 AM »
He got the parts from me. If you want to wall mount the controller you need a plate like in qbert's reply. I haven't had any of the old style wall mounting plates in a couple of years. Newer machines don't have a mounting plate. I sent the controller board and cover plate as in the picture.

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 12:19:16 PM »
But my question is, where in the heck do I mount the board?? There isn't a spot to do it! I've searched all over the cabinet

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 01:32:18 PM »
The controller board mounts to the metal plate, the plate mounts both the controller and a bell if you have one. See my first set of pictures. The plate mounts to the back wall of the cabinet via two nuts that hold the bell and plate together.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 01:42:54 PM »
There is a nut holding the wiring to the back wall that has to be removed then the plate mounts over that stud. Once the plates installed you reattach that wiring clip. I believe its the same over by the handle solenoid. It can be tricky getting the mounting plate and board mounted around the solenoid. I've had to remove the cover and loosen boards mounting screw to get things to fit. Then tighten things up after getting things mounted.
And remember...

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 03:03:46 PM »
Here was my solution. I made a paper type envelope to insulate the rear of the board from the metal cabinet, and used a load of scotch tape in a neat fashion and mounted the board that way. Works just fine.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 03:14:17 PM »
Looks good too.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 03:38:31 PM »
As long as nothing gets too hot on the board you should be good
And remember...

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 03:50:58 PM »
Looks like you found the power connector. I have some mounting plates. PM me if interested.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline 69sixpackbee

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • 69sixpackbee New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 10:24:37 AM »
Hello,
I am trying to connect my backlit controller and I do not have the power connector anywhere, either zip-tied nor hanging.
Can you tell me where this comes from?

Thanx!

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 11:26:33 AM »
Hello,
I am trying to connect my backlit controller and I do not have the power connector anywhere, either zip-tied nor hanging.
Can you tell me where this comes from?

Thanx!

Try looking where the power supply is behind the reels, mine was tucked away in a very hard to reach area that couldn't be seen. I had to put my hand behind the tab on the right of the power supply and it was hidden & zip tied back there.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal