New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Trying to change to game with lower payout.  (Read 5074 times)

Offline Wildelyle

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Wildelyle New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Trying to change to game with lower payout.
« on: December 15, 2016, 01:55:54 AM »
Im a newbie.  I have a S2000 running an S+ game. . Im trying to change game from ss 4710 to 4714.  Both are hot peppers.  Keep getting eprom mismatch,  then now ss eprom mismatch after finally trying a clear and keychip change.  I used ivc 224 and key 45. Heres photo of what I have. Any help?

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Trying to change to game with lower payout.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 04:56:37 AM »
Are you sure the new chip is 120ns or faster? The S2000 needs a faster chip than the S+ machines. If the new chip is too slow, you won't be able to get it to work. I had to use a 120ns as a 150ns wouldn't work in mine. And of course there are always the Sb chips for the S2000s.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 04:23:58 PM »
Did the 4710 work before you tried the 4714? If yes I would suspect a bad SS4714. The SB001000 is right for using SS chips.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 04:40:25 PM »
The easiest way to go would be to go with SB. SB100055 for 3 coin. SB100056 for 2 coin. However, I probably have the answer to your question. I ran into the exact same issue with the same game. It turned out to be the chip. You have to peel back the tape on the chip that was working and read the number. In my case 27c64-12/p was the original working chip. I ordered a higher payout which came on a m27c64a. It did not work. When I ordered blanks of the 27c64-12/p and burned my backup copy of the higher payout it worked fine. If I recall correctly both chips were fast enough. It didn't make a lot of sense to me but I'm no expert on chips. I just know what worked. Hope that helps. SB is still the way to go. You can go over 98% payout.
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline Wildelyle

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 04:22:20 PM »
The 4710 worked before. . Havent tried ot again.

Offline Wildelyle

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 04:37:22 PM »
Initially I tried just swapping the chips without a key or clear procedure.  Did this cause the problem?

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 05:48:29 PM »
Not necessarily. When you boot it up and have the mismatch error. With the door open turn the reset key. If it shows another error keep turning the key after every one until it tells you to hold the test button in. When it says to close the door, do so and latch it and see if it continues to boot up.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Wildelyle

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 06:54:46 PM »
Without holding in test button? . Or? .  If I hold test button 2 to 3 sec It keeps endless loop and same results ss eprom error.  Time after time....

Offline Wildelyle

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2016, 08:06:49 PM »
Same error...  Bad ss chip?

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2016, 08:09:51 PM »
If you hold it in and it repeats, probably a bad chip. Sorry, but Merry Christmas

Offline Wildelyle

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2016, 08:12:36 PM »
I peeled  back the label of chip in question and it reads....  See attackedment:

Compatable?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2016, 08:47:15 PM »
I agree with Shaggy.  Eprom invalid is failing the checksum.  Whatever is burned into that chip is not passing the checksum validation check.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Wildelyle

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2016, 01:08:06 AM »
maybe bad chip.   contacted the seller yesterday.   asked him what his intentions where in shipping an uncorrupt compatable ss chip.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:13:37 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2016, 08:30:17 AM »
The 2764A should work in all places that a 2764 does, the only difference is the burning (programming) voltage. But if the seller is going to replace it you can always ask that he use a 2764 this time, just to eliminate that as a possibility. Most likely something went wrong with the chip somewhere along the way, or it wasn't correctly programmed. The chip you peeled back the label on is a -10, which means a 100nsec chip, that is faster than a -120nsec, doesn't hurt anything to be faster. That speed rating is how long it takes the chip to make the stored data available when the mpu requests the data (access time), so a lower number means a faster chip.

It may not have been what happened, but this time of year with heating systems running in our houses and offices the air can get extra dry and that promotes very high static voltages. Handling of ic's need extra care not to get zapped, don't place them on static generators like fabric with fuzzy fibers. Ideally the ic has its legs protected by being inserted into conductive foam or even sitting on alum foil. Careless handling with your hands after you've walked across carpet can damage the chip. Best to not touch the ic legs, hold the chip by its main body without touching the legs. We used to see lots of unexplained ic failures this time of year until we got everyone in the parts room trained about how to handle delicate electronic ic's. A lot of people think it is bunk because they do it all the time and no problems occur. But all the ic manufacturers have done studies showing static elec damage is real - that's why they always store and ship ic's in containers or foam with a conductive film.

http://www.electroschematics.com/4313/static-electricity-and-precautions/

A 2764 eprom has 65,536 storage locations internally, it just takes 1 of those to get zapped or corrupted and your checksum will fail.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 10:22:28 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Wildelyle

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2016, 05:03:47 PM »
Flashing NO DISP. 

Offline ianmcneil68

• ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2016, 05:18:08 PM »
If you would like, I can ship you a working chip with the highest possible payout. If it works for you, we'll work out a price.  If it doesn't solve your problem then just ship it back. I still think installing the proper SB would be the easiest solution. Let me know. I think that I have both options, SS and SB.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 05:31:32 PM by therockinelvis »

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2016, 05:34:27 PM »
By the way, I was having the same exact issue. An endless loop of the same error when I installed a higher payout chip (which I ordered online). When I burned my backup to the new chip, which matched the numbers of the original, it worked. Now, whether or not I was burning it with the proper voltage as rokgpsman was saying, I have no idea. I am a novice at best when it comes to chips. I just know that when I used the same chip as the original, all worked well. My hot peppers is up and running with a similar setup as you have except I am using SS4703 which is the highest payout.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2016, 07:50:58 PM »
On your eprom burner (programmer) when you select the chip part number, like 2764 or 27c64A or whatever, the programmer will automatically select the correct burning voltage and other parameters specific to that eprom. And most programmers will read the eprom id to double-check that you selected the correct eprom part number. What I meant earlier was that the 2764 and 2764A eproms should substitute for one another in the circuit, they perform the same, only difference is in how they are burned.

I think your idea of sending him a chip that you know works ok is a good idea.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 08:00:05 PM »
You are likely aware of this, but just to make sure,,,,,,,

The socket where you plug in the 4710 chip is larger than the 4710 chip is (has 2 extra contacts on each side, done for possible future upgrade), so the chip has to be plugged into the lower part of the socket as shown in your photo. Be sure you are installing the replacement chip the same way.

Offline Wildelyle

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2016, 02:32:23 AM »
YE]z

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal