New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Door Open M and Main Battery Low / Call Attendant on my Triple Diamond Haywire  (Read 10671 times)

Offline codeman00

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • codeman00 New User has no influence.
  • NLG

My IGT Triple Diamond Haywire has been working perfect for almost 3 years now.  I turned it on a few days ago and I was unfortunately met with the following errors after bootup...

Call Attendant
Door Open M
Main Battery Low

Of course, the machine doesn't operate with these errors. Can someone help me?  My guess it that the low battery might be causing the other Door Open M error? What battery is low?  I remember having the Door Open M error when I first got the machine and someone here helped me run a wire to keep that door switch error from happening...and I hadn't seen it since.   I never removed the Green battery on the board for fear of something else happening. 

Offline codeman00

• NLG

I just typed in "main battery low" instead of "battery low" and unearthed a ton of threads where I didn't get any before.  I'll read through those and see if I can't help myself.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=6686.msg35905#msg35905

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
M Door open can come from a bad board. If you did not remove the green Varta you could have acid damage to your boards traces around and under that battery. Your low battery message is coming from the small round battery in the front corner of your board. It will need to be replaced before you can clear the low error. You will have to use the reset key to clear error message that will pop up with the new battery installed. Once you remove the green battery you will need toake sure the area is cleaned of any battery acid.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline codeman00

• NLG

M Door open can come from a bad board. If you did not remove the green Varta you could have acid damage to your boards traces around and under that battery. Your low battery message is coming from the small round battery in the front corner of your board. It will need to be replaced before you can clear the low error. You will have to use the reset key to clear error message that will pop up with the new battery installed. Once you remove the green battery you will need toake sure the area is cleaned of any battery acid.

Thanks Amechanic.  I found the thread above and have ordered another battery from Raz over ebay.  I'm not sure how I'm going to replace it...it seems like it's soldered on.  The green battery has a bit of corrosion on it for the first time but not anything excessive.  I'll remove it after I get the main battery replaced.  I hope the batteries come with instructions on what to do.  (see other thread)

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=6686.20

Online qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
The coin battery or holder is soldered to the MPU.
If you can't do it places like Batteries+ will soldier it in for you.
If you're not good at soldering I would replace the battery with a holder that way when it's time for replacement you can just pop a new coin battery in.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Remove the green battery ASAP since it has already started to leak.  You want to clean that as soon as possible to prevent any further damage.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Qbert is correct. If your not comfortable soldering, then take it to a battery store or maybe even an electronics store. The coin battery and holders the way to go.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline codeman00

• NLG

I'm going to wait to have the main battery replaced by our electronics lab techs at work.  No need for me to learn how to board solder on my own PCB. 

I removed the green battery as instructed.  In my opinion, the board looks solid even though there was a small bit of corrosion coming off the battery. Unfortunately, now I have a "Display's NETPLEX link is down" message.  There's no sign of the "Low battery" or "M Door Open" anymore. 

What is causing this NETPLEX error?

Offline codeman00

• NLG

Following up...I just noticed that this capacitor on the secondary (top) board is disconnected on one side.  I have no idea what this capacitor does...could it be the problem?  I'll have it fixed with the other board.

Offline codeman00

• NLG

Upon further inspection, the board might have a bit of damage?  I uploaded photos below (click to enlarge).  I see a place where the copper trace is showing and it's not covered by a green layer.  Is this an issue? Can this cause a problem?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Where I worked the green coating over the copper board traces is called masking. As long as the copper trace is intact, not broken or cut, then it will be ok without the masking. In fact, some low-cost circuit boards are made without masking.

Sometimes the masking flakes or bubbles up and falls off the board. Or something could bump the board during handling or maintenance and rub the masking off. If you look at it closely and the copper trace is ok and there is no contamination on the board in that area then you can apply a little clear fingernail polish to seal it if you want to. But there probably isn't even a need to do that. The copper trace will carry the signal or whatever is on it without the masking present.

That broken lead on the large blue capacitor definitely needs repaired. The broken lead effectively removes the capacitor from whatever circuit it is supposed to be in. A capacitor that large is probably a filter cap on one of the voltage lines, like the +5v or +12v power line but really it could be anything without looking at a schematic drawing.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline codeman00

• NLG

Thanks rokgpsman. 

The copper trace looks perfect as far as I can tell.  Even though my battery corroded slightly it was nothing like some of the photos that I've seen on this site. I think I'm good.  I used some of the electronics cleaner that I got at the auto parts store and the board looks fine.  I added a bit of nail polish over the bare trace and it's good too.

I'm back to work in a few days...I'll get the new main battery soldered in and the capacitor fixed....and I'll report back. Thanks for all of the help.

Offline codeman00

• NLG

One of the techs at work replaced my battery with a the replaceable watch battery holder that I bought.  After watching him remove the old solder and solder the new one in, I'm pretty confident that I could do that myself  :yes: .  He also fixed the capacitor too which probably would have taken me a bit more time. :hail:

After putting the main board back in, I had to reset the machine not once but twice (I found out in another thread that sometimes it has to be reset a few times).  The procedure is here in case someone needs it and they don't have to go looking for it elsewhere.  Reset Procedure:  Open the main door, alarm will sound, turn jackpot reset key 3 times, hold reset button in on the MPU by the LED lights for 3 seconds and close the door.
All errors (M Door, Netplex, and Low Battery) are gone and the machine works perfectly now!  Thank you everyone for the help!  Much appreciated. :thank_you:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal