New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 1st Game Change  (Read 2822 times)

Offline kolby2004

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • kolby2004 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
1st Game Change
« on: April 03, 2017, 07:58:09 PM »
After having my 1st slot machine for about a year and a half, I have decided to do a game swap/upgrade on it.  I have already added the multi-media lite sound board and DVS000042.  Attached is the machine with the kit/game I purchased it with.

I purchased a "Sizzling 7 Times Pay" 3 Credit, Single Payline kit.  I have also purchased a backlit reel kit!

As I am patiently waiting for my kit to arrive I am starting to wonder the best way to go about doing the swap.  I know many of you are experts and I am excited to learn from all of you.  :hail:

1st question, is there already a write up somewhere for a complete game swap?  I didn't see any so I hope to just be able to ask questions to you all as I am going along.

2nd question, Is the proper procedure to install the physical hardware 1st(backlit reels/kit and all the glass) and then once all that is inplace, then do I take out my existing SB Chip, Do a Clear 224 and then swap in the new SB Chip?

I guess that's good enough questions for now.  Any answers would be awesome, As I plan out how to tackle this game change. Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 08:12:02 PM by kolby2004 »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 1st Game Change
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 08:27:41 PM »
Should not have to do a Clear. My not even need a key.
Just change the SB and a few jackpot key turns may be all you need. Change out the reel hardware first then do the SB swap and see what happens. Remember to zero all credits before you start.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 08:42:42 PM »
Just change the SB and a few jackpot key turns may be all you need. Change out the reel hardware first then do the SB swap and see what happens. Remember to zero all credits before you start.

Wow, that would be awesome if I did not have to do a clear!!! Thanks for that information qbert!

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 07:51:19 PM »

Ok, got my hardware swapped.  I installed the new SB chip and powered on the machine.  I get a "Call Attendant" message on the screen and when I open the door it says "Ram Error".  What do I do next?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 07:57:58 PM »
With the door open turn the jackpot key 3 times and follow the directions on the display.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 07:58:54 PM »
With the door open turn the jackpot key 3 times and follow the directions on the display.

Got it, thanks!  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 05:29:42 PM »
Ok, I got my new glass installed, SB chip and the new backlit reels installed and working!!!!   :propeller:   

The 2 issues or questions I have are:

1.  Has anyone experienced where after installing the backlit reels, they are always lit up brightly?  I am wondering if it has to do with the I/O board and or Motherboard that I have is not the exact same as the one the these reels and backlit reel/board came out of.  Or do you think the backlit board is faulty?

2.  Is there a way, in the programming to move the progressive numbers over a little to the left.  Like put a space at the right side or something?  I pay be able to modify my bracket a little but it is almost all the way to the right, inside my top cabinet.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great.  I am working with one of the people on here for the parts and they are sending me other parts that came from the same machine I got the reels from, however just checking to see if anyone has experienced and fixed these things before. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 05:49:26 PM by kolby2004 »

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 06:03:29 PM »
So, I played my machine for about 30 min.  Powered it off, I just now turned it back on and the back lit reels are not lit dim and light up when something hits the pay like , just as I would have expected it to.  I did not do anything except play the machine, power off and back on... weird.

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 06:40:31 PM »
So, I played my machine for about 30 min.  Powered it off, I just now turned it back on and the back lit reels are not lit dim and light up when something hits the pay like , just as I would have expected it to.  I did not do anything except play the machine, power off and back on... weird.

Well I may have spoke too soon.  I change a few settings, turned it off and came back later and turned it on and now back lit reels are all lit again all the time.  I did notice, when it was working, the reel board had a red light and a flashing amber light.  When it is not working, it only has a flashing amber light and No Red light.... i wonder if it is a bad board.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 06:44:58 PM »
Try reseating all of the connections to the controller board and the cabinet I/O card. Reseat the cabinet I/O card also

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 07:09:03 PM »
Try reseating all of the connections to the controller board and the cabinet I/O card. Reseat the cabinet I/O card also

I reseated all connections and cards.  Turned it on and all lights are lit on the reels again.  Dang.  Only one time when i have turned it on did I get it to show the dim lights...  :Scratch-Head:

Well the guy I bought the reels and board from sent me out another one today so I am hoping this one is just failing or something and a new reel board will fix the issue.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 07:19:34 PM »
.....1st question, is there already a write up somewhere for a complete game swap?  I didn't see any so I hope to just be able to ask questions to you all as I am going along.....

Here are all of the S2000 "How-To" write-ups, they are listed at the top of the forum, above all the general S2000 discussion threads. Each write-up is shown with a tan/light brown background so they are easily seen, and they have a thumbtack icon out to the side. Lots of good information in there.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=81.0

2.  Is there a way, in the programming to move the progressive numbers over a little to the left.  Like put a space at the right side or something?  I pay be able to modify my bracket a little but it is almost all the way to the right, inside my top cabinet.

Haven't seen that happen before, can you move the progressive display unit over a little, looks like it is too far to the right?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 07:20:32 PM »
Red light should be on with flashing yellow

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 07:29:58 PM »
Haven't seen that happen before, can you move the progressive display unit over a little, looks like it is too far to the right?

Well it is all the way to the left as far as the bracket goes, but i think i can take it out and drill out the slots in the bracket more and maybe get it further over.

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2017, 07:31:47 PM »
Red light should be on with flashing yellow

Yea that is what I noticed, the red light was ON the 1 and only time the reels acted correctly.  Can't get the red light to come back on now tho.  :banghead:

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 08:08:21 PM »
Well good news.  Bob, at Samron gaming sent me a different backlit board and I swapped it in and it fixed my issues with the backlit lights staying lit.  My reels now are acting like they should.  He told me the kit he sent me did come out of a machine with an enhanced board it in.  I noticed that the backlit board that works correctly in my machine looks different than the 1st one I got.  I didn't know there were different ones.  But thanks to Bob, got it all strightened out!  My game change/reel upgrade is Complete(minus trying to shift my progressive to the left slightly ;) and working perfectly! Couldn't be happier!  :dancing_2: :applause: :propeller:

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 08:17:09 PM »
Is it a Mikhon or a Spectrum progressive unit?

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2017, 08:28:54 PM »
Is it a Mikhon or a Spectrum progressive unit?

I am going to go with Spectrum. However, I am not 100% sure how to tell.  Sorry
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 08:36:20 PM by qbert »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2017, 08:37:13 PM »
No problem post a picture of the unit

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2017, 09:00:57 PM »
No problem post a picture of the unit

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal