New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Getting a NetPlex Down error after swapping S2000 Game To S+ Game  (Read 4903 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I just finally received the last Parts for my Ten Times Pay Deluxe Game. I removed the standard Ten Times Pays game using the SB100069 Base chip.. I swapped in the Clear 97 chip, and installed the SS8226 chip with the top two pins open on the top of the socket.. I did the clear 4 times, then installed the SB001000 base chip and got the ram errors.. I got as far as the key chip, once removed and installing the SB chip is when I got the Netplex Down error. I originally had Game 1 & 2 363 chips in, but tried swapping out to SG000129, this didn't help? This game was playing fine about 3 weeks ago, thats when I put it on the side waiting for the reset of the Deluxe Kit.. I'm stumped at what to try next? I am using a 504 rev B board. It doesn't have a Varta battery, and it's super clean.. Like I said, it was playing just fine with the standard Ten Times Pay kit..  :EmoticonHelp4: :EmoticonHelp4: :banghead: Do I need to clear and key it in a different manner?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Getting a NetPlex Down error after swapping S2000 Game To S+ Game
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 06:41:48 AM »
Gary, have you read through this?  http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=306.0

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 07:27:33 AM »
I believe you have a 50x board with Error: Netplex link is down

Usually a bad power supply causes this error in a machine with the 50x board installed.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 07:48:41 AM »
Or at least make sure the power supply is seated properly behind the reels.
Back to what brought this on and for future reference. Did you try just swapping chips on the board first? Usually a clear isn't needed for game changes, just resetting crc and ram errors with the jackpot key

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 09:34:06 AM »
I'll check and swap the power supply.. If I remember right I did change out this machines power supply when I started, but I could be wrong..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 11:40:10 AM »
Changed the power supply and I still have the same problem?
And remember...

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 12:08:04 PM »
Have you tried forcing a netplex configure in menu 4?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 01:33:07 PM »
Where I'm at currently is the machine shows no Disp in the credit meter and the message about the Netplex in the VDF display under reel 1 with that alarm going off. I don't know if I can get into menu 4? I'm thinking of trying to setup the standard Ten Times Game for the S2000 to see if it will boot up.. That's last what was playing in the game before I pulled it..
And remember...

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 02:25:13 PM »
netplex link down is how the display tells you it cant talk to the mpu. common causes are
1. power supply mainly there is a pulsed output i believe its at around 6v. probably used for some kind of clock signal i have never looked into it.
2. some kind of problem with the harness between the display and the mpu. sometimes a bad vfd control board.
3. bad mpu/mpu stuck in reset. check if all eproms are in correctly or if its enhanced green varta battery. in the case of the varta the display blinks the error because the mpu will start to boot before being reset again.
4. you have another netplex device in the machine that is bad. this would be printer or bill acceptor.

that's about all i can thing of at this time the fact that your getting no disp on the credit display tells me the board is booting so i would check number 4 and number 2 or try another mpu.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 04:19:58 PM »
If the VDF control boards bad, doesn't that mean that the VDF display would not light up? I try removing the bill acceptor and unplugging the printer. I was wondering if I could have a bad 40 pin socket for the base chip? I have noticed the the base chips come out very easy?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 04:48:31 PM by Amechanic »
And remember...

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 06:15:44 PM »
Have youbtried going back to the origional software that worked in the game? Maybe you have a bad SS or SB chip with the new software

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 07:19:12 PM »
Have you tried going back to the original software that worked in the game? Maybe you have a bad SS or SB chip with the new software

Not yet.. Had company over and had a bbq  :big_burger: :hot_dog: , then got into watching Star Wars Rogue One  :LSVADER: . I'll get to it in the morning or later tonight.. I'll keep yea posted..
And remember...

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 07:49:57 PM »
What speed rating is the SS chip.  If it is too slow, you will also get the netplex link down issue as the board is unable to boot up right.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 08:44:23 PM »
if the board was not booting properly he most likely would not be getting the no disp error. if the vfd control board is faulty on the portion that controls the data too and from it you may still get the display to power up and show an error. have you checked the wiring that goes from the display to the motherboard. if the machine worked before you made the conversion it would make sense that it could be linked to that. because you had to that the mpu out of the machine i would also check to make sure none of the pins got bent on the 2 sockets that mate to the motherboard.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2017, 09:27:09 PM »
One of the first thing I checked were the pins in the plugs on my MPU board. I don't have any bent. I will pull the cover over the MPU so I can check my plugs on the back plane.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2017, 11:21:30 AM »
Ok here's where I'm at. This morning I reseated the bill acceptor and printer plug, as well as the plugs on the board for the VDF door display.. I did nothing to the MPU. Put it in the machine and powered it up. To my surprise it fired up to the setup menu. I proceeded to finish the setup. The machine came up with a bill Valadator error so I opened and closed the door and Wa La it's alive. I then remembered I had swapped the SS Chip with a different game I had just to see it my SS chip was bad. Powered off the machine and pulled the MPU and installed my SS8226 chip for my Ten Times Pays Deluxe. Powered up and cleared the tipical "ram errors" and up came the Ten Times Pays Deluxe.. I am not sure where the problem was but I'm just happy it running. I will continue to play the game for the next few days to see it this returns. Thanks for everyone's input and help on this matter.

Gary
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 03:09:39 PM »
Just to follow up and end this thread. The Netplex error returned when I went and keyed this machine. I went ahead and swapped out the 40 pin SB socket on my MPU Board since the SB chip seemed too easy to remove. After installing the new SB chip socket, the error is gone again. So my best guess is that the SB Chip was not making a good connection on the MPU. Time will tell..

Thanks Gary
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal