New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Display's NETPLEX is down  (Read 4413 times)

Offline deanwaters

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • deanwaters New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Display's NETPLEX is down
« on: May 21, 2014, 10:08:41 PM »
Oh I'm batting 1000 tonight!

I replaced a button light in the door.  To get to it, I removed the two small boards and the connectors in the door (each one is about the size of a deck of playing cards) and I removed the inside door panel (3 screws).  Replaced the light.  Hooked everything back up.  Turn on the machine.  And now I get "Display's NETPLEX is down".  The back-light behind the reels are lit, and all the lights on the power supply are on.  Reset key and power supply reset button don't seem to have any affect.   Now, that message is normal on boot up.  But it usually only stays there for a second before going onto other bootup tasks (like testing memory, etc).  Now it just sits there.

Why did I get up this morning?
Thanks
Dean
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:49:25 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Display's NETPLEX is down
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 03:37:35 AM »
With the power off remove the two door I/O cards and check for any bent pins.
Are you sure you got the two cards in the correct slot?

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline idylewild1

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • samronslots.com
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 04:27:22 AM »
If everything is hooked up correctly. Then this is normally a bad power supply. The supply is located behind the reel strips. Hope this helps.

Offline deanwaters

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 08:51:41 AM »
So I unhooked the IO boards (2 of them) in the door and re-hooked them up a few times.  No change.  Then I figured I'd swap them into a different machine to see if the problem follows the boards to stays with the machine.  I figured I'd do it one-at-a-time.  So I swapped the single outer-most board in the two machines.......and now they both work.  I'm done kicking the bear.

Thanks!
Dean

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 05:02:47 PM »
Does this mean your vision is up and running???
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline deanwaters

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 01:01:24 AM »
I wish!!!  Sadly, no.  This is a different set of machines:  An S2000 5-reel Triple Red Hot 777's and a 5-reel Triple Double Butterfly.

Although, I turned on the Triple Red Hot 777 tonight and it gave me the NETPLEX error.....  Power cycled the machine a 2nd time and it came up fine.  It's never done that before, up until yesterday.

Hey as long as I'm on the topic....... On both of these machines, on initial boot up, I nearly always get a reel tilt error.  Never the same reel.  It's random.  So I open and close the front door latch (usually several times) until all 5 reels decide to do their initial boot up spin without tilting.  Now once I'm passed this, the reels don't tilt again.  Ever.  I can open and close the door all day long and no tilts.  It's only on initial power up.  Both machines have done this since the day I bought them.  Not a huge deal, mostly just curious.

D

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 05:33:21 AM »
Sounds like the same problem I had with the same title machine TRH7s. Tried replacing several components, in the end it ended up being a bad MPU board. Replaced the board and it has been working ever since. Good luck 

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 05:37:46 AM »
On a machine with the enhanced board, if the green battery is dead or almost dead you will get this error.
Since the battery is rechargeable with the machine on then after about 5 min if you re-boot the machine it will start normal. To correct the problem, just replace the green battery with a good one.
If the machine is off for a day or so the battery will lose the charge and you will encounter this problem again.
As for the reels I have a few that do exactly the same thing. I have swapped reels, IO board and CPU and they still do it. Like you said it's only on initial startup and not a big deal but I have never found the answer to correcting this problem.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 10:42:12 AM »
If everything is hooked up correctly. Then this is normally a bad power supply. The supply is located behind the reel strips. Hope this helps.

Yep...try swapping your power supply, since you have another machine handy. Bad power supply is only time I've ever seen the message personally.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 03:48:31 PM »
Before swapping power supplies make sure the pins are the same. I had one sent to me that was totally different and from a 2000 but would not power machine. Now I always look.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal