New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Another new person to slots....igt s+ double diamond, stuck in idle door open  (Read 13016 times)

Offline falconross

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • falconross New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Badbaud, you mentioned a 6v fuse, where is that again?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
did you measure the voltage at the optics?  did you try and touching the two wires that you unhooked from the jackpot reset key switch, this would simulate the key turning and completing the circuit.  while doing that observe the display and see if anything changes.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Is there a pin and latch arrangement to release the belly door?
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline falconross

• NLG
I checked meter on both door optic sensors and got readings for both, so I think that part is working.  As far as belly release, there is a knurled know next to door release knob that you have to pull out to release the belly door.  I don't see any sort of wires or anything that tells the machine the belly door is open.

Offline falconross

• NLG
Thinking back to when machine somewhat worked.....I replaced battery, got rid of #12 error.  After new battery got the 61 error code, was able to reset with reset button and jackpot key.  Different error codes came up on LED display and reset button was working.  At one point reset button for whatever reason quit working and I pulled and reseated computer board and that fixed problem.  A bit later reset button quit working again and was unable to fix problem by reseating computer board.  This was about 2 weeks ago so i'm somewhat foggy about the exact sequence of events.  But I do know that that is when I noticed current 1_0 error that I have know. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
This has been a fairly long discussion so I didn't read all the way back. When you replaced the battery on the mpu did you examine it closely to see if there was any battery leakage or other damage to the circuit board? If the mpu board has any suspicious coating or residue on it then post a photo of it so we can see what you have. It doesn't normally take this long or this many posts to resolve an issue like yours, so something may have been missed in the steps taken up till now.

friendly advice-
It is helpful to use the right terms or words so everyone clearly understands. Unless your machine has been modified by someone your machine does not have a "reset button". There is a white TEST button inside the machine near the power switch. There is a RESET SWITCH on the outside of the machine near the pull handle, it requires a key to operate. There is a COIN TEST (pseudo coin) switch on the coin optic board just below the coin comparitor. You mentioned earlier that this was all new to you, so it will help you to learn the right way to describe things. These machines have problems now and then and you'll save yourself a lot of time and possible frustration if you can get familiar with the parts of your machine. There are many, many IGT S+ repair discussions here on NLG, some of them relate to similar problems your machine has. Reading thru them will give you a better understanding of your machine, and before long you will be able to help others that just got their first machine.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline falconross

• NLG
I took a look at the board and it looked pretty clean, so does the battery.   I really think this is something I might have caused by either using the jackpot key too much or reseating the board.  I did take apart the coin comparitor as I thought that is where the problem was and then noticed the idle door closed error. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
I'm pretty sure you can turn the jackpot reset key all you want and nothing bad happens. The machine will just ignore the switch unless it is waiting for it to be turned.

The battery leakage sometimes is faint, or someone may have cleaned it in the past and it doesn't look damaged but over time it fails. If you have another mpu board you can try it to see if that fixes your machine. Also check for bent pins on connectors on circuit boards and wiring cables. At some point if you don't discover what is causing the problem you may need to try swapping things like the mpu to find out what is working and what is not working. Do you have access to another working S+ machine?

Also, just to make-sure, this is an upright machine, not a slant top. right?

Don't hesitate to post photos of your machine, inside and out, it can really help the people here that want to help but aren't sure what has been done or what you've got. Over the years these machines sometimes get worked on by a lot of people, sometimes things are not in original configuration. Photos are great at showing us what you have.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline falconross

• NLG
As far as the jackpot key, I thought I read somewhere after the fact, not to turn it that much...oh well, too late now.  As far as slant top, the top is slanted, if that is what you mean...still kind of learning all the lingo, so forgive me.  Unfortunately, I do not have access to another board, or machine.  I did look at the board  and noticed some of the wires coming out of the large white plugs at the bottom of the board were slightly bent, but I managed to straighten them, but still nothing. 

As far as pictures, for some reason having a hard time....I will as soon as I get that squared away. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
As far as the jackpot key, I thought I read somewhere after the fact, not to turn it that much...oh well, too late now.  As far as slant top, the top is slanted, if that is what you mean...still kind of learning all the lingo, so forgive me.  Unfortunately, I do not have access to another board, or machine.  I did look at the board  and noticed some of the wires coming out of the large white plugs at the bottom of the board were slightly bent, but I managed to straighten them, but still nothing. 

As far as pictures, for some reason having a hard time....I will as soon as I get that squared away. 

OK, knowing that the machine is a slant top style can be really helpful to know, they have some additional security switches that the upright machines don't have. Any of those security switches could be telling the machine that the machine is not properly closed. The top part of the machine lifts up so you can see inside. When it is closed there are switches on the base that should activate. Also the front panel of the base opens, there are security switches there. You will need to carefully look over your machine, find the wires and switches that have to do with sensing that the machine is completely closed.

The wires coming out of the board that were bent, do you mean the electrical contacts (pins) that are part of the large connectors on the edge of the board? If so, why were they bent? Is there damage to the mating connector on the motherboard? I think it best if we know more about this, and again photos would help us to see what you have there. Is this the same circuit board (mpu) that you replaced the battery, correct? We need you to post photos, will be hard to help without them.

When attaching photos it is better if they are not giant-sized image files. Nowadays digital cameras and phones take high res photos that create big files. If you have a setting on your camera to reduce the size of the photo that might make it easier for you to attach the photo files here on NLG. Or email the photos to me and I will post them for you. You can contact me by clicking on the "private message" icon on the left side of this message.

This is an example of what a slant top machine looks like. If this is what you have it is important to know that.

(click image to enlarge)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 06:39:36 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I have been working on S+ machines for a while and never have I came across a "idle door closed error". I have no idea what it is. I read that you have a 1 somewhere and a 0 somewhere and that sound's like stuck in a test mode to me. Pictures would help so much. What area do you live? Maybe a member is close by to help.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I think he has a 16" top. Thus the slant. Maybe wrong, just my interpretation.

the rockin elvis

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
Could be an upright, photos would really help. Lots of suggestions have been tried but no solution yet, so I thought we should make sure nothing odd was going on.

And a photo showing that error message would be very helpful. Not long ago we had someone with a problem on their IGT machine, turned out it was a Bally. Not saying that's the deal here, but we shouldn't make too many assumptions. Photos are so important on harder problems.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
 :I_agree_1: :I_agree_1: :I_agree_1: :I_agree_1:

the rockin elvis

Offline falconross

• NLG
Here is a picture of the machine....front what I gather, it is not a slant top, sorry for the confusion

Offline falconross

• NLG
Here is a picture of the error code, or at least that is what I am calling it.  There is a 1 in the winners paid display and a 0 in the credits display.  I agree, test mode sounds like a good explanation.  I've been thinking the whole time that I induced this problem as it was responsive to the reset button and not displaying this error, then all of a sudden after me messing with it, I wound up in this situation.

Offline falconross

• NLG
To everyone who has chimed in, thanks for your patience in helping me with this!  I think I got my camera settings adjusted allowing me to attach pictures.  Let me know what other pictures might help.

thanks!

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Open the door, step back a bit,  and send a picture of the inside please.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline falconross

• NLG
inside of door

Offline falconross

• NLG
inside of machine

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal