New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Older Double Diamond Video Slot Machine Not Working  (Read 12770 times)

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Trooper11040 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Older Double Diamond Video Slot Machine Not Working
« on: April 15, 2018, 05:00:19 PM »
So I am not a slot machine guy...but a pinball guy...today I saw a post on FB Marketplace for an older style Double Diamond Video Slot Machine from IGT.  The guy said it wasnt working, and had no keys, etc.  I gave him $75 bucks and brought it home...drilled out the key and all it needed was to be turned on. 

I got it up and running but can't play it.  I keep getting a "Call Attendant Coin in Timeout"  I did notice that there is no coin comparator in place.  The jackpot reset is basically two wires that need touched together inside the cabinet...there was no key for that either so someone unwired them I guess.  The screen isn't at full width for whatever reason and I think needs replaced.  I know nothing about these games and would love to have it up and running and either just keep it for nostalgic reasons or sell it and make my $$ back. I'm not sure if this machine is a IGT PE or PE+...Ive attached some photos...anyone can help. i would be very grateful!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Older Double Diamond Video Slot Machine Not Working
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 05:17:44 PM »
I've not seen one of these machines but I think you could be right, it is an IGT PE or PE+ model video slot. Most PE and PE+ machines are setup for video poker, but yours simulates a 3 reel slot game.

You will need to add a coin comparitor, they are low-cost and you can get a good working one from someone here on NLG if you want to.

The reset keyswitch looks like the example in this link:
http://www.spininc.com/02562-0

The reset switch wires are normally "open" (not connected), then when you turn the key the wires are connected. This switch is used for a variety of reasons so it will be best if you replace it.

The door locks can be purchased from a lot of different places. It isn't needed that you lock the door, just that it is latched by pushing down on the latch post. But if you want to keep people out of the machine a lock is needed. May not want youngsters getting in there and finding electricity, or getting your coins.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 05:22:08 PM »
Would I need a certain coin comparator in particular?  I see various ones for sale on ebay

Dan

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 05:24:47 PM »
yes, there are specific models of coin comparitors made for this machine, someone here will know what the model number is once the machine model is positively identified. The coin comparitor in my PE+ is a "CC-16D"

I'm not sure your screen width is wrong, that could be the way a video slot appears. The writing at the top of the screen does not appear to be "scrunched" or distorted.

We have some experts here on older IGT machines including the PE and PE+ models, they will give their opinions when they login, may take overnight so stay tuned.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 05:28:48 PM »
Do you have a photo of the wires attached to the jackpot reset?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 05:32:50 PM »
Do you have a photo of the wires attached to the jackpot reset?

No photo needed, the reset switch only has 2 terminals/screws, you can connect either wire to either terminal. It is a simple on-off switch. I added a photo of the reset switch in my reply#1 above, take a look at it.

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 05:34:34 PM »
ah ok...it appears as whoever owned this prior hooked the two wires to a pinball style switch to be able to reach in and just click the button...Id like to get this back to working 100% again...think it would be pretty awesome!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 05:36:00 PM »
ah ok...it appears as whoever owned this prior hooked the two wires to a pinball style switch to be able to reach in and just click the button...Id like to get this back to working 100% again...think it would be pretty awesome!

That reset switch is normally "off", so in a pinch you can connect it to any switch that is normally off. The voltage on the reset switch wires is low, no danger of getting shocked.

My guess is the coin-in timeout error is because the coin comparitor is missing.

It is an attractive machine, for $75 you can't get hurt if you decide to sell it. But they are a lot of fun to play and add a different type of fun to a game room or basement.

I brightened your photos a little so I could see some details and added a few notes to the photos in case something comes up later and you need the info. The door optic sensors are how the machine knows when the door is open or closed. The coin optic boards detect the coin falling past them and they send a signal to the main logic board (called the "mpu") and it adds a credit to the machine.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 05:57:02 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 05:44:42 PM »
Thank you very much for your help...ill try to get one of these coin comp. installed and go from there

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 05:46:58 PM »
Also do you think $75 bucks was good or bad?  i have no idea what these things are worth

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 05:58:07 PM »
Also do you think $75 bucks was good or bad?  i have no idea what these things are worth

If you lived within a couple of hours from me I'd give you $75 for it this afternoon.   :garfield:

(but this is a slot machine hobby interest place, so most folks here are a little bonkers for machines like this)

I think you got a good deal, it looks clean, no broken glass, just needs a reset switch and a coin comparitor. There may be something else wrong but probably not. You will want to pull out the mpu board and make sure the battery isn't leaking and damaging it.

UPDATE- I think it may be a PE (not a PE+) because it does not have an internal bill validator, but that's just a guess. The real way to tell is what the mpu board looks like. So post a photo of it when you can.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 06:04:11 PM »
It work the $75 all day. Your adjustment knobs for the monitor are located on top of the monitor. The far right one is the contrast, the other 4 control the screens width and height along with centering side to side and up and down.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 06:05:29 PM »
Thank you very much for your help...ill try to get one of these coin comp. installed and go from there

you might want to wait until someone confirms what model coin comparitor you need, I'm far from expert on these, don't want you to buy something and it be wrong.

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 06:36:32 PM »
The screen adjustment knobs work except for the far left one which I believe to be the adjustment left to right. Wonder if it’s nust a dirty pot and needs a new knob

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 06:49:07 PM »
Here is a photo of the CPU...

Also does anyone know where I could get a new one of these push button things since I want to clean this up a bit?

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2018, 07:12:23 PM »
Since this is the first one of this style I’ve see, your best bet might be to take the button deck apart, then take that plate to a company that does powder coating and has it done in a silver or ceramic color. Your not going to find a replacement, and to have it chromed would cost more then what you paid for the game. You can fine the the monitor adjuster board on EBay. It should come up under 1492 Ceronix.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 116
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 07:15:53 PM »

*** Amechanic beat me to it. However, it may still be worth it to pull it and have someone locally give you a quote. If you can not do it locally you could send it out.

The button panel may be tough to find a new one. You may need to pop that out and take it to someone who does chrome plating.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2018, 07:34:41 PM »
Here is your mpu board photo, I've circled the game software chips in yellow. I *believe* this is called a single game board, IGT also made a Superboard that we see in machines for Video Poker, it allowed for expanded game software that contained 5 different video poker games, you select the one you want to play from a menu on screen. Also, you may have already found out the round blue knob is the volume control for the game sounds. And inside the machine there should be a white TEST button you can press and enter the setup and diagnostic menu system. You press the TEST button repeatedly to step thru the screens.

If you wanted to change the game software to video poker you'd have to change the button panel and probably wiring harness, a video poker machine has several more pushbuttons.

I'm still not sure if this is a PE or a PE+ machine.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2018, 08:52:04 PM »

*** Amechanic beat me to it. However, it may still be worth it to pull it and have someone locally give you a quote. If you can not do it locally you could send it out.
 The button panel may be tough to find a new one. You may need to pop that out and take it to someone who does chrome plating.

I have a deck button panel re-chromed last year. It cost me $75 to have it done and it too 6-8 weeks to get back. Next time I’m doing powder coating. The ceramic coating it close to chrome, just not as shiny.
And remember...

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 116
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2018, 09:29:26 PM »

I have a deck button panel re-chromed last year. It cost me $75 to have it done and it too 6-8 weeks to get back. Next time I’m doing powder coating. The ceramic coating it close to chrome, just not as shiny.

Well, it's been a couple of years. But, that piece should be a $30-40 piece max. We used to have a large piece that was sand cast (rough) then ground and chromed for $190. That piece weighed 60# too (It used to piss the polisher off holding that 60# piece up to the wheel). We even had California EPA regulations where it was done.

As, for time. Yeah. They are a bit slow. It would take us 3-4 weeks to get product done. Powder coating is an option but, it's not chrome and for us it never wore well compared to chrome. For us powder coating was about the same price.

I would suggest you send your photos and dimensions to a few online Plating Co. for quotes if you can not do it locally. You don't have anything to loose to get the quotes.

***One last option could be to look into a chrome wrap material. You would need to clean up the material before applying it. As for durability I don't know. But, it would be the cheapest.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal