New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Double diamond S2000 door open MB problem?  (Read 9903 times)

Offline leocat168

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • leocat168 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Double diamond S2000 door open MB problem?
« on: June 15, 2018, 01:46:49 PM »
I'm new to the slot machine addiction but have been doing a lot of reading here.I just picked up an IGT double diamond slot.  I think its an S2000 but I'm not sure.  I have a S plus that I was able to get running a couple years ago with help from all of you here. this seems a little more complex than the s plus with more modern features so I'm assuming an S2000.  I recieved it from a guy that claims it was working and just suddenly stopped.  When you turn it on the florescent lights come on, the vent fan at the top comes on.  the speakers have a very quiet hum.  the ticket printer light comes on. the four or five small lights on the outside of the cpu light but one flashes green and the second to bottom flashes red.  nothing else works.  the screen for credits is blank. the digital screen on the bottom right front glass is blank. but that did come on for a second and said something about netplex link.  the bill validator has a little red light on the right hand side that is flashing.  The reels just spin by hand freely when the machine is on.  I tried reseating the cpu and the power supply and replaced the coin battery on the cpu.  I think one of the door optics is missing (the one that would be mounted on the machine) but that may have been bypassed?  if it was working like the guy told me it must be.  Unless he wasnt telling the truth.  Is it the power supply.  or maybe the fuse on the power supply board. ?  Any help on where to start and exactly what type of machine this is would be greatly appreciated.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Double Diamond not powering/booting up ?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 02:22:23 PM »
Red light on mpu is usually problem with mpu.  Check chips, mostly the base chip (SB) to see if it inserted correctly - right direction, not off a row, and no bent pins. 

It is an S2000.  After looking at pics the chips look good, check the legs.

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 02:30:52 PM »
Thank you for replying.. the chips seem to look ok. How do I know which one is the base chip? Forgive me I'm very new to this but a fast learner.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 02:33:44 PM »
the one marked sb100053  That is the chip that is changed the most often, like game change or key or clear.

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 02:50:04 PM »
Thanks I'll take a closer look... Are the legs the little metal tabs that the chip connects to the board with?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 02:54:06 PM »
I'm new to the slot machine addiction but have been doing a lot of reading here.I just picked up an IGT double diamond slot.  I think its an S2000 but I'm not sure.  Any help on where to start and exactly what type of machine this is would be greatly appreciated.

An easy way to tell it is an S2000 is by the 2 speakers that stick out from the cabinet, above the main door. Nearly all S2000 have speakers like this, and no S+ machine does as far as I know.

yes, the metal pins or legs are what connects the ic (chip, eprom, etc) to the circuit board. Be careful about bending or breaking them whenever you remove or install the chip.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 03:30:29 PM »
I think you have a bad MPU board. If you look closely where the Varta battery was, you can see acid damage to the boards traces. Red light on the MPU is not a good sign.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 03:37:19 PM »
I did notice that and was wondering if the corrosion I see would cause the problems the machine was having... I just thought that it wasn't that bad since the guy said it was working and then just stopped... I know he didn't take that varga battery out... So I assumed it had been that way while he was using it..  any way to confirm it's that .because I have no idea how to fix that problem?

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 04:08:11 PM »
So should I replace the board?  Is this what I'll need?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/IGT-S2000-CPU-MPU-Board-75510502-Rev-A/163095389739?itemId=163095389739&du=1

Is there anything else I would need? So do I just plug all my chips from the old board into the new board and then reinstall it in the slot machine? Or is there more to it?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:45:24 AM by shortrackskater »

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 04:45:57 PM »
Yes, that's the MPU board you need and like you thought you remove your game software from the old board and install it on the new one.  You will also most likely need a keychip to set up some game options.  The link you referred to is one of our vendors here.  Ken at Ohio Gaming.  His username is Ken.  Send him a private message (PM) and he can probably cut you a deal for the MPU and keychip you will need.

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 05:01:44 PM »
Thank you so much I'll look into that and reach out to ken!
Any words of wisdom?  I'll post back once I get the parts and we'll see what happens

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 06:12:43 PM »
Be careful removing the chips from the old board so you don't bend the pins.  Pay attention to the chip orientation when you install them on the new board.  There is a small U shaped notch on the IC that indicates it is the top of the chip.  There is a similar notch on the chip socket and usually on the silkscreen image on the PCB.  Make sure the notches are lined up properly and be careful not to bend a pin over when inserting them into the new socket.  Make sure you put them in to correct sockets too.  GME1, GME2, etc..  I find taking pictures of things before I start swapping stuff around helps when it's new to me.  Sometimes even when it's not new...I guess that's the price ya pay for getting old  :24:

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 06:40:20 PM »
great advise thanks

Another price is the cost of reading glasses... thanks  ill be back when i get the parts

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 06:56:59 PM »
Good luck!  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2018, 04:38:51 AM »
Hi all
So new board and chips arriving today. Do I need to do the clear and key proceedure before installing ? Or just put my game chips in and install?
Thanks

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 09:20:16 AM »
You could try just installing the game chips to the new board since your now doing a swap to a different game, but just changing out the board. Carefully remove the game chips one at a time. You will see that one end of the game chips has a notch or half circle on the top on one end. That has to line up with the same mark on the socket on the replacement board. Be careful to not damage or bend any of the chip legs when installing them. You might have to use the reset key after installing your board. I think you have to turn the key 3 different times, then your asked to push the white button on the front of the board, then to close the door. Just follow the messages on the front door display.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline markb7605

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 09:47:13 AM »
You are also missing the S2000 COIN COMPARITOR JUMPER PLUG
Thank You
  Mark

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 10:46:21 AM »
Thank you both I'll try to just install without the clear and see what happens
What will happen without the coin comparitor jumper plug?
The guy I just bought it from claimed he was using it and it just stopped working... He could be finding.
Where would I get the jumper plug?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 10:53:30 AM »
Your game might come up with a coin in jam message without that jumper plug. If you need one I have some made up here.
And remember...

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 12:33:17 PM »
Ok I guess I'll see what happens once I get that far... I am concerned that I don't think the door optics are all there.  I guess I should do one thing at a time though

Thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal