New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Cleopatra 9 line 5 reel backlight and alignment help  (Read 11028 times)

Offline leocat168

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • leocat168 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Cleopatra 9 line 5 reel backlight and alignment help
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2018, 03:40:10 AM »
Thanks it sounds like removing the strips will be my project for tonight.  You're absolutely right about the spacing being wider between some symbols.  It is extreme at the end of each strip. The Cleopatra symbol the 9 and the Sphinx are at the end of the strip . I almost thought it wasn't wrapped tight enough, but there is no slack.  I'll know more once I get the strips off I guess.
Thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2018, 03:57:33 AM »
You could start by taking the strip off reel #5, see if it has the IGT markings printed on it at the end. That will be one thing to determine. And lay the strip out flat and post a photo of it. Someone here may be able say if it is ok or not ok the way it is made. The extra wide white space at the end where the strip overlaps may be normal, I'm not sure. When you remove the strip take a Sharpie or other marker and make a mark on the reel where the strip begins, that way you will know where it was.

Keep in mind that the strips are probably not identical, later you will need to get them reinstalled back into the correct position/order in the machine. If there are IGT part numbers printed on the strips that will help you to get them in the right order. Or if you remove more than one at a time lay them on a table in the same order they are installed in the machine.

If you ever order replacement strips the info below may be good to know about, seems that 5 reel machines used a couple of different strip widths:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=1004.msg4605#msg4605

Also read this before cleaning your strips:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=321.msg913#msg913
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2018, 04:03:21 PM »
I carefully removed all the strips.  they have IGT numbers on them so I believe they must be original.  I examined the reels carefully and there is only one set of notches so no adjust ment as far as I can tell.  Should I make my own notches in the strips and cheat them all backward a bit?   I dont know whats causing the problem but this doesn't look like how I think it should.

Here are pictures

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2018, 10:27:41 AM »
Has anyone ever had to modify the notches to correct this type of problem?  Should I attempt to cheat them up or is there something else going on with this I should explore first.
I tried moving the optic stop but it didn't seem to move enough

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2018, 10:54:54 AM »
I've not done any work on a 5 reel machine like yours. However, since the strips appear to be original IGT factory strips and they all have the extra white space at the end then I'd guess that is the way they are supposed to be? Someone that has worked with or sells these types of strips may know more about that. I'd be careful about cutting or making modifications to the strips until you hear from someone that can explain further. Maybe part of that extra white space at the end of the strip is supposed to be covered by the other end of the strip when they are overlapped? Other than moving the optic sensor do you see any way to adjust the stepper motor where it mounts, so that the reel can be caused to move one way or the other?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 06:48:59 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2018, 11:34:29 AM »
I looked at one of the machines I have in storage and that is the correct order the you have posted.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2018, 11:53:11 AM »
erbs- did you notice if the machine you have in storage has a wider than usual white space on the strips where the strip overlaps? His does but I don't know if that is normal. It would seem that having a white space too wide would cause the symbols to sometimes not appear in correct alignment when the spin stops, they'd be off by 1/4 to 1/2 inch? Also, any difficulty installing strips and getting them started on the notch properly?

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2018, 02:43:21 PM »
Thanks ... I'll examine the reels and see if there is any way to adjust them.. I think I saw a way to adjust where the light housing would go.. but that won't help... I'll see if there is anything else adjustable....

Al

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2018, 02:53:20 PM »
Here is a pic of the one I have. Does not seem to have that space. Just checked all strips there are no spaces. Also I have not shopped this one out yet. Have not had strips off.

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2018, 03:09:18 PM »
Thanks... So mine don't reach that far... I don't get it.. it seems like my strips aren't long enough??? 

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2018, 03:30:41 PM »
Do you know what the length of the strip is from end to end? Or what is the length of the space between each symbol?

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2018, 03:34:13 PM »
This is weird. Your strips look the same as the ones I have that I will be putting on my machine.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2018, 03:37:32 PM »
Strips are 29 1/4" long. Space between varies between 1/4" and 3/8" Hope we can figure this out!  :Scratch-Head:

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2018, 03:38:44 PM »
Actually those look different... If you notice your end reaches just about all the way around back to the notch. Mine falls short of reaching the notch by almost a quarter inch.
Al

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2018, 03:39:46 PM »
Gimme a few and I'll measure the length of mine

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2018, 03:46:25 PM »
I just removed and measured one of the strips... Exactly 29 inches from end to end... Arrgh... That must be the problem.
Now what?   New strips?

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2018, 03:49:13 PM »
Actually a little bit under 29inches .my tape isn't too accurate.
How did this happen?

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2018, 05:21:12 PM »
Well I just noticed that these are 2 different sets of strips. My strip numbers are different than the ones you have. I have 84662900,84663000,84663100,84663200 and 84663300. Have no idea why they would be different. I would assume that there was only one diameter reel baskets made?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2018, 05:31:37 PM »
What color are the back of the strips?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2018, 05:34:16 PM »
Black

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal