New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Cleopatra 9 line 5 reel backlight and alignment help  (Read 11030 times)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Cleopatra 9 line 5 reel backlight and alignment help
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2018, 11:38:06 AM »
There is a chip (or two if I'm not mistaken) that when you spin the reels, you hear an egyptian type song as the reels spin.  Typically it was the 45 coin or 90 coin max bet.  There are other base chips that increase the max bet to 180, and those do not have the spin reels sound for the theme.  I believe there's also a specific gme chip set that goes along with it GME598 if I'm not mistaken.  There was a thread about this issue a while back discussing all this.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2018, 11:38:27 AM »
To me there's almost no better machine than a new looking Cleo. I refurbished mine with all the new and almost new parts I could find and it looked geat!
Then my dumb ass sold it to make room for a Barcrest:(

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2018, 11:41:29 AM »
Here's the thread discussing the sound on the cleo

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=5218.msg27550#msg27550
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2018, 11:42:48 AM »
To me there's almost no better machine than a new looking Cleo. I refurbished mine with all the new and almost new parts I could find and it looked geat!
Then my dumb ass sold it to make room for a Barcrest:(

I hope you got good money for it.  Hunting down a good set of cleo is nearly impossible now.  Sunkist graphics might be the only solution and pay for new strips and glass.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2018, 12:01:26 PM »
Side note to 45 credit Cleo users:  use SB100104 for much better sound.  It was recalled so can be hard to find unless you know who has em...

Is this something that leocat168's machine would be able to use? Besides having better sound did it cause any problems that caused it to get recalled by IGT?

Yes It gives the Egyptian sounds while spinning and Cleo talks alot.  I have a sheet somewhere it will not cause any problems.

Here is a link: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=17255.0

Offline leocat168

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • leocat168 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2018, 12:17:22 PM »
That's sounds awesome...!!! I gotta check into this
Thanks!!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2018, 12:20:49 PM »
You do have a cleo sound simm right?

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2018, 06:10:22 PM »
I changed the settings to play the Egyptian sound during reel spins but still not like the sounds of the one in the u tube video... That's still a different chip?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2018, 06:41:57 PM »
What chips do you have on your mpu board? (SB, GME1, GME2, DSV, etc). Post a photo of the mpu if needed.

Maybe you can get an SB100104 from someone. 
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2018, 06:55:25 PM »
here is my board

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2018, 07:27:32 PM »
you have the right SB and sound simm already

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2018, 07:39:05 PM »
make sure the sound settings are set to enhanced.

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2018, 07:40:43 PM »
it doesn't seem to make all the same sounds as the one in the utube video that was posted earlier... Thanks I'll have to check the settings again .. anything else i should look for in the settings besides turning the enhanced sound on?  maybe its certain "hits"   for certain sounds ?

Thanks
Al

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2018, 08:00:17 PM »
You might need SG 597s
I have the same set up on my Cleo enhanced etc. But I have SG 597s
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2018, 08:07:20 PM »
You might need SG 597s
I have the same set up on my Cleo enhanced etc. But I have SG 597s
Rich
I am also using SG 597's.

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ANIslots New User has no influence.
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2018, 04:29:32 AM »
I don't have my cleo anymore either, but one thing I remember is that I had non-backlit machine and strips, when I converted to backlit the strips did not match.

On the old NLG site (boards) there was a post about it, that there were actually 2 different sized reels width and apparently around. (different diameter reels?)

Someone had suggested trimming the width of my cleo strips to put them on the other reels.

(edit to fix a few spelling boo-boos)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 09:44:02 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2018, 05:17:12 AM »
Thanks !  I ordered new strips, the length seems to be slightly longer... I hope that solves the problem.. just waiting for them to come in and we'll see.. should be a week or two

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2018, 03:40:53 AM »
So received my new reel strips yesterday.  Packaged great.. looked great... The strips were about a quarter inch longer and solved the problem... The backlight now looks awesome too.
Thank you all for your help and Mike from Sunkist graffics!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2018, 05:48:52 AM »
Great news!!  Glad you got your machine all fixed up, Cleo is a great game.  Have fun.  :cool_thumb_up:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal