New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Slingo Vision game has no monitor and Netplex down message.  (Read 2923 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I have a IGT Vision Slingo game coming in for service. Owner said he’s owned it for a couple years, but recently he turned it on and had a message like failed self test and now it just says Netplex Down on the VDF Display. I was told he heard a clicking or popping inside so he ordered and replaced to Power Supply. No it won’t boot up and just give the Netplex down message.
I did see something about a coin battery in the top box.. Is there a second coin battery in a Vision game, if so where is it found? I don’t have much more information then this currently. Just looking to pick a few brains before this comes in. I’ve never worked on a Vision before, but from what I understand they have a lot in common with the s2000. Except for what’s in the top box. Where would you start??

Thanks, Gary
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 08:57:50 PM by Amechanic »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT Slingo Vision game has no monitor and Netplex down message.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 08:09:35 PM »
Battery is on back of top monitor, can't miss it.  Set up vision same as s2000.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 06:32:11 AM »
Gary,  first thing I would check is the electronic ballast for the bulbs,  if one of them fails, it usually pulls the +25vdc down which in turn will effect the 5Vdc start signal the power supply provides, thus the netplex down error. 

quick and easy check, just unplug the three ballasts.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 09:37:40 AM »
Thanks Jim.   I was thinking in that same direction with the light ballast. That and the battery in the top box. At least I have a game plan in place for this machine.
I just thought of another question. How bullet proof are these small top monitor? Do they go bad or develop power supply issues?

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 05:48:32 PM »
Normally the invertor board goes bad. Occasionally the monitor itself, not very often. Don't have my notes but a ls520 invertor comes to mind
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 08:37:53 PM »
Normally the invertor board goes bad. Occasionally the monitor itself, not very often. Don't have my notes but a ls520 invertor comes to mind
Thanks. I hope it’s a simple as the battery’s.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 05:58:22 PM »
I’ve been thinking and have a question. The vision monitors, are they all the same and interchangeable between machines? I know they can mount in different locations by changing mounting brackets, but didn’t know if there were different versions of monitors, with different connectors? Thinking about this just Incase this one in Slingo is bad...
And remember...

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 06:37:41 PM »
They are pretty much all the same there is an update that should be done to the firmware.
Spin has them at a reasonable price if you need one.
Have you put the jumper in so you can see the boot cycle.
Without it the screen is black most of the time anyway.
Elvis is better with these.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 07:07:40 PM »
They are pretty much all the same there is an update that should be done to the firmware.
Spin has them at a reasonable price if you need one.
Have you put the jumper in so you can see the boot cycle.
Without it the screen is black most of the time anyway.
Elvis is better with these.
Where do I install a jumper. This is going to be my first Vision. Is it just a standard computer jumper clip?
And remember...

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 07:47:16 PM »
Standard computer jumper I believe it's J1
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 08:07:26 PM »
That’s on a board in the top box ?
And remember...

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2018, 08:11:10 PM »
Yes

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2018, 04:44:53 AM »
Yes it is JP1. On left with back off between the frame and memory sticks. You can replace the battery while you are in there (2032) and blow all the dust off the heat sink. I have only had 1 that the inverter didn't bring back to life. That one had blown capacitors.

the rockin elvis

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2018, 06:17:09 AM »
I have only had 1 that the inverter didn't bring back to life. That one had blown capacitors.

Not to sound stupid🤪 but what do you mean by  (invert) didn’t bring it back to live, and what capacitors were blown?
And remember...

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2018, 06:44:27 AM »
Every monitor except 1 only needed inverter. 1 had exploded caps on right top. Think someone applied wrong power

the rockin elvis

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2018, 10:44:55 AM »
Is the inverter a board used to change the video signal? Does it just hook up to the small monitor? I received this pic yesterday from the owner. Me was still trying to get his game working. Who knows what could be wrong or loose? Also had one saying reel tilt 1, and call attendant. Then of course Netplex Down.
And remember...

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2018, 11:13:19 AM »
That error message means the MPU board can't communicate with the topbox LCD computer.  Since the LCD has a black screen and this error message on the VFD the LCD computer is probably not booting for some reason. 

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2018, 11:23:14 AM »
That error message means the MPU board can't communicate with the topbox LCD computer.  Since the LCD has a black screen and this error message on the VFD the LCD computer is probably not booting for some reason.
Could it be as simple as a dead coin battery in the top box, or dirty ram connection?
And remember...

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2018, 11:34:19 AM »
I would think that it would tell you if the battery was low.  You may not see it though if you don't have a jumper on J1. 

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2018, 11:40:28 AM »
Ok thanks. I hopefully will see this game sometime in the next week. Just trying to work up a game plan.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal