New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: looking for chips for a trip top dollar  (Read 3412 times)

Offline Madwookie

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Madwookie New User has no influence.
  • NLG
looking for chips for a trip top dollar
« on: June 25, 2014, 12:15:17 PM »
I am looking for chips for the top display of a IGT Barcrest Triple Top Dollar.  Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:55:31 PM by Madwookie »

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: BIN file for VFD trip top dollar
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 12:51:32 PM »
What problem are you having that a bin file is necessary? All my barcrest machines have static programming in the bonus game equipment

Offline Madwookie

• NLG
Re: looking for chips for a trip top dollar
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 01:01:45 PM »
the display says top dollar instead of trip top dollar.  the game works until you play it then it says aux dotmation communication failure.  then i can clear and reset it and it comes up.  everyone i've talked to says it has to be reprogrammed and thats when i started looking for it here.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 01:16:53 PM »
OK, being a standard Top Dollar makes it more understandable. When I saw you posted in the S+ section I couldn't remember there being anything but a regular Top Dollar in that model. Or that they ever made a Triple in the first place. I hate to ask a question with a question, but what type of chips does that top box MPU have installed? And do you know of it's an MPU4 or? Your best approach here may be to post a topic with a header like "Top Dollar top box issue" then describe the problem you're having. It may well end up that you need a whole new MPU in the top box but I've never seen or heard of the problem you're having so I can't speak to what the solution may end up being. Good luck, there's lots of knowledge on this site to help you

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 01:45:54 PM »
Triple top dollar was flashed on R-boards pretty sure.  Also pretty sure the aux vfd used diff. program than regular or double top dollar.  Are you capable and have the equipent to flash the aux vfd?.  As a note you cannot just change the plc chips in the vfd and have it work.  The aux vfd number is VFD10049.   I have the flash board but will have to check on the vfd,  They are kinda expensive.   

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 02:28:58 PM »
He's got an S+ Top Dollar with either MPU4 or MPU5

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 02:35:43 PM »
Rob,  I think He may be confused.  Triple Top Dollar is a S-2000 , enhanced board set up.  Don't think they made a triple top in s+!!   Pretty sure He is talking about the aux vfd screen in top box --Just like your Red-Hottie.  Besides never heard of "dotmation error" anyway-Must be a williams Guy!!,  This was just posted incorrectly under wrong machine topic I bet. 

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 02:48:42 PM »
Hi Barry, he corrected his post to the effect that it was a standard top dollar. On the other hand we probably need more info and pictures too

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 04:07:03 PM »
Rob,  I did not see a correction.  Still "Triple-Top-Dollar" from what I see?????.  Anyway,  We will help best we can. 

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • NLG Downloads, and FAQ Writer
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 05:32:07 PM »
I know that the S-2000 VFD for Top Dollar and Double Top Dollar are programmed for both games, so you can switch them out and the VFD will recognize either program. Triple Top Dollar looks like a different animal with a different light box setup, so the VFD may need that particular program. I have a like new light box setup for Triple Top Dollar hiding somewhere around here, just never did anything with it. Here's a pic of TTD.

Dan (tacman)

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 01:46:45 PM »
the display says top dollar instead of trip top dollar.  the game works until you play it then it says aux dotmation communication failure.

Based on this statement, the OP has a S2000 machine, not an S+ machine.  I am moving this thread to the S2000 section.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Madwookie

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 01:11:05 PM »
Sorry been sick and haven't had a chance to look at the machine.  It is an igt barcrest s2000 Trip-Top_dollar.  It has the vfd bonus dispaly in the middle of the top glass in between the take and try again buttons.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 03:06:59 PM »
Just so you know,  You cannot just change the plc on a aux vfd and have it work,  There NO chips in them they are plc's.  The top outer board is the brains the inner one is the vfd display (output).  You will have to buy one out rite or have one programmed.  Hope that helps some. The top outer board holds memory so just changing plcs does not work.  In any case you still will need a working one or Have yours programmed or perhaps a exchange vfd deal.

Offline Madwookie

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 03:11:28 PM »
Do you know someone who can program it or has one to sell?

Offline idylewild1

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • samronslots.com
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 03:22:50 PM »
Barry, is correct. The 32 pin PLC is the boot program. The actual game software is held on flash memory.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal